Find You in the Day

Find You in the Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chorong finds her the second she opens her eyes in the morning.

Eunji is beside her smiling, looking at her like she's the most precious thing in the world.

Maybe she makes Chorong feel like she is.

"Hey." Eunji greets her with a smile like always. "Good morning."

"Good morning." Chorong always answers back.

"Ready for today?"

"I am."
 

 

She finds Eunji in the kitchen. Eunji who starts cooking the minute Chorong takes a bath.

Who switches with her, like the perfect tag team they are when Chorong comes out of the bathroom.

Who hugs Chorong as she cooks, after she's taken a bath and is all dressed up for work.

Who meticulously peels a soft-boiled egg as they ate breakfast, making sure there aren't any shells left before placing it on Chorong's plate.

 

 

Chorong finds her in the passenger seat, as they drive to work.

Eunji is singing and smiling as she goes over all the songs she's writing.

She loved talking about her work, and Chorong loved listening.

The songs Eunji writes never fails to put a smile on her face, or make tears wet her cheeks.

And when she sings, Chorong feels something close to bliss.

 

Chorong finds her in car keys. She'd hand them to Eunji after kissing each other goodbye.

Chorong would watch her drive away with a wave and a smile, after telling her to drive safe.

Later, she finds her in the parking lot, or sometimes, in the cafe just across the street from the hospital, waiting for Chorong to end her shift.

 

She finds her on their couch, patting on the space beside her, telling Chorong to sit.

She has popcorn and soft drinks, and a cheesy romance movie on the TV, the one she knows Chorong likes.

Eunji would always hold Chorong's hand or wrap an arm around her and squeeze her every time there's a disgustingly sweet scene.

When Chorong laughs, and asks her what's wrong, she'd look at her and say, "I feel sick whenever I watch people do awfully cheesy things."

"But you do cheesy things all the time!" Chorong would point out.

and Eunji would kiss her cheek and say, "You like them, that's why."

 

She finds Eunji on a night when they're both free from work the next day. Eunji is there on the bed, waiting under the covers with a knowing look on her face.

She finds her in their room illuminated by fake candles glowing in the dark.

Chorong smiles, because she knows this is Eunji also telling her that she listens.

That she listened after that one night she tried surprising Chorong with a room full of candles for a romantic night, only to be scolded at how her setup was such a fire hazard.

That despite her naturally rebellious attitude, she listens to all of Chorong's nagging.

"You really outdid yourself this time." Chorong says as she lays down beside her and kisses her. "Is this why you told me to take a bath at the hospital? The shower isn't broken isn't it?"

Eunji chuckles against her lips and says, "I didn't want to wait for you to wash up. It's cold waiting in my underwear."

 

She finds Eunji in every lighter she sees, because it's a huge part of how they met.

Eight years ago, while they were both just starting their respective courses.

At a party by some random senior, drunk and being taught by new acquaintances to smoke. Chorong doesn't want to, but the alcohol and the peer pressure start to get to her. As she attempts to light a cigarette stick, a random girl passes by and calls out her name to her surprise- asking her for help. Out of curiosity, Chorong follows her out into fresh air.

"What do you need, and how did you know my name?" Chorong asks her cautiously. She eyes the girl as the cold makes their breath visible. Hands on the pockets of her jacket, a faint red color on her cheeks that says she's also been drinking. Chorong unconsciously copies her as a shiver runs down her spine.

The girl smiles at her and gently takes the lighter and the stick on her hand. Surprisingly, Chorong lets her. "I thought you needed a little help, and I heard your name from one of those idiots you were with."

"What made you think I needed help?"

"Just a hunch." The girl answers as Chorong watches her pocket the lighter and throw the unlit cigarette away.

 

They meet again during a camping trip a few weeks later.

Chorong notices her right away, trying to make fire from two sticks. She finds herself walking towards the girl, and before she knows it, calls her an idiot.

The girl looks at her, frowning, but it instantly changes into a smile the minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter