addiction 1.

Addiction [hiatus]

 

addiction 1.

 

"You're addicted."

 

Woohyun squinted at him through the haze of smoke and darkness, flicking his smoldering cigarette end. "We've already been over this, Sunggyu," he said. He looked annoyed. Annoyed, maybe a bit angry, but still confident. He looked like he was standing on top of the world smoking that cigarette, but he wasn't--Sunggyu knew Woohyun was only a high school kid on the streets, smoking by the trash cans with his dad's fake gun tucked into his jeans. 

 

"I know, but look, I don't want you to--"

 

"What, get cancer? Everything gives you ing cancer." He took another short puff, and Sunggyu had to turn away from the smoke.

 

"Not just lung cancer, Woohyun. I just don't want you getting hurt."

 

Woohyun crushed the cigarette into the cracked pavement and reached for another in his pocket, a white-and-tan little rolled-up stick. He had bought some more Camels the other day. They were for a girl he had met behind the dumpster that Friday smoking them, the girl with the squat face and bright peach-coloured skinny jeans. But Sunggyu grabbed his wrist in a steel grip and gave him an unhappy look. Woohyun remembered he used to call him "Sad Eyebrows" because Sunggyu's face had always looked so downcast. Now he realized it wasn't sadness but pity, feeling sorry for him, looking down on him, and it made his heart boil with a slow, fierce burn. 

 

"I don't do drugs; there is nothing wrong with me," he snapped.

 

"I didn't say there was anything wrong with you. I'm just worried. You're addicted to smoking, and it can lead to some pretty serious health problems for you and other people around you. You could...die or something."

 

Woohyun wrenched his wrist out of his grip. "Let go of me," he hissed. "I didn't know you were a doctor, huh? Where did my friend go?" When Sunggyu didn't answer, he pulled a Camel out and lit it in between his teeth. Sweet, hot smoke filled his mouth and warmed him all the way down to his toes, but it only made him angrier.

 

Sunggyu shook his head. "I have to go back. I need to get up early for class tomorrow."

 

" you," Woohyun spat in his face, curls of smoke slipping past his lips. "Just go. Go and leave me alone." Sunggyu just shook his head again. He shoved his hands into his pockets and began to walk away, heading towards the dim yellow light beyond the alley.

 

Once he disappeared, Woohyun stomped out the cigarette. It had given him a splitting headache, and he decided he preferred Winstons instead. 

 

Then he looked to the direction of the streetlights. "We're all going to die anyways," he yelled. And he leaned against the graffiti and sunk down into a squat, because gods, his head really ing hurt. It throbbed like someone had emptied a vat of slow-eating acid into his head, a giant viscous brew of acid brains sloshing around inside the confines of his skull. It hurt so much that he hadn't thought of the fact that maybe, just maybe, Sunggyu had been wondering where his friend had gone too.

 



 

Chapter 1 done! :) the chapters will be short. chapter 2 will definitely be up before February ends- I do a lot of heavy editing and rewriting when I write stories of any kind. 

 

I hope you enjoyed this- I'd really appreciate it if you left a comment below. <3