Part Two

Euphoria

The following days continued and every now and then, Haemi talks about Jungkook, about me meeting him and greeting him after a long time. But I would just shrug, though a little part of me wants to talk to him and see if he still remembers me. And then the other part of me says that I shouldn't be bothered by it because it's been so long he might not already remember and fans might think differently and I might get attacked by them.

 

"Hey, wait up. I need to go."

"Eh, where? Why?"

"My brother's calling me. I think I cannot come with you." She pouted. "But I'll make it up to you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just go. Take care."

"You too. Bye."

 

She ran on the opposite direction and I continued walking to the coffee shop where I'll be spending most of my time...working.

 

There were a few customers now and I had some time reading while waiting for some other customers to come. Suddenly, the door opened and I quickly stood up, greeting the customer and asking for their order.

"Hi, welcome to Kopi Koo cafe! Can I take your order?"

As soon as our eyes met, I almost froze on my spot, again. I gulped.

 

"Hi." He smiled, then looked up at the menu.

I started becoming nervous.

"Can I have, uhm, miss? Miss?"

"H-huh? Oh, sorry. Are you ready to order?"

"I'll have one Americano, please."

"One Americano. That's 100."

 

"Here."

 

I got the money and I feel like my fingers are trembling as I tap on the machine in front of and as I prepared for his coffee.

 

Shoot! Does he remember me? Why did he smile like he knows something about me? Ugh! Why here of all the places and why now of all the time?

 

"H-here's your Americano, s-sir."

 

"Thanks." He said as he got it and smiled at me again.

 

I thought I'd be in relief as soon as he moved away from the counter and would be going out, but then he went in a corner and sat, facing the counter which made me gulped and a little bit nervous. It's like he's watching me from a far everytime I do something.

 

It was already late in the afternoon and customers started to come in and I started becoming quite busy serving them. I also saw some girls recognizing him and asking for his autograph, but as time goes by, girls started to flock around him, and so with others going inside the cafe. In just less than an hour, the cafe is already full and it's just six in the evening, most of them are girls and I noticed that there's a line forming on yhe direction where he is.

 

I had to roll my eyes every time because it's like, instead of focusing on serving people at the counter, I had to talk about them on flocking inside the cafe, which is taking up much space. But they wouldn't listen until they get what they want. Bad timing too since I was the only one at the counter and my colleague is out of the town right now so I have to manage everything out.

 

 

A moment later, the crowd from where he's at had been a little bit scattered and I heard whispers and murmurs around. I thought he was already leaving but then I was so surprised to see him walked up to me at the counter.

 

"Hi. I think you need a hand here." He said as he tied an apron around his hips and opened the other cash machine.

 

"Maybe teach me how to do this...?"

 

"Oh..."

 

I told him and taught him how to operate that machine and what to press and so on, up to how to make a coffee. He got it quick but he had to ask me and I had to assist him from time to time. The line got really longer than before and I had to move a little more quick. But thankfully, it seems like they are enjoying waiting in line because of him.

---

 

"Thank you for coming!" He said after giving them their drinks.

 

It was almost midnight and I was already cleaning the area after putting the close sign on the door.

 

"Wooh! That was awesome!" I heard him say. "You do that alone? Everyday?"

 

"Sorta."

 

He walked up to me after he removed his apron.

 

"Let me finish that."

 

He snatched the mop from me.

 

"H-hey..."

 

"Just do the math there."

 

I smiled, and went to the counter to check how much we have earned for this day. A moment later...

 

"I have to go. They're already looking for me." He suddenly blurted while looking on his phone.

 

"U-uh.. y-yeah, yeah. Sure. T-thank you so much...for t-today."

 

"No biggie. I'd be willing to help again if you need one." He smiled, showing his nice teeth.

 

"O-okay. T-thank you."

 

"See you again."

 

"Ah, w-wait..." before I could call him and stopped him, he's already out the door so he wasn't able to hear what I've said. He just forgot his jacket. I just shrugged. Maybe he'll comeback and he can get it himself.

 

After I finished a few more things, I also went home. Maybe he doesn't remember me after all. 

_ _ _ _ _

 

 

Again, we were at our alma matter because: 1. I work part-time in the library, and 2. Haemi has schedules here for her review for the civil exam she's going to take soon. So somehow we're still connected to this school.

 

"Yah, yah! Joonri, let's go! Hurry up!"

 

"Ugh! Where are we going again?"

 

"It's Jungkook! He's here again."

 

"Huh? For what? I thought he was in a vacation? Why would he go here and do some fanmeet or whatever?"

 

"He just love his alma matter and his fans. Tch."

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

He was at the canteen, with two guys. One is RM and the other, I don't really know. Maybe another friend of him. It was the same guy I saw before with RM.

 

"They're just eating. What do you wanna do here? Watch them eat?" I told Haemi.

 

"They're not. Just look closely, will ya? They're having some autograph session."

 

"I'm going back to the library."

 

"Oh, no! You don't. We'll go inside and get an autograph, okay? Come on, maybe Jungkook will recognize you again this time around since it's close up now."

 

"It's so crowded. Let's just go."

 

"No, you don't! Let's get inside."

 

Haemi dragged me inside and now we're here falling in line with the others and waiting for our turn.

 

"Haemi, I need to--"

 

"Joonri!"

 

I heard that familiar voice and my eyes widened when I saw RM waving at me. I gasped and lowered down my head as I covered my face.

 

"What the heck, Haemi? Let me out of this room before I get attacked by these girls around us."

 

"RM is calling you, oh my gosh! Just what is your relationship with him? I thought you were just friends with Jungkook?"

 

"Let's get out of here!"

 

"Hey, come on! Move your feet up! We can't wait for our turn!" Somebody shouted and we noticed that there's already a quite large gap between us. We both hurried and it's Haemi's turn when we came.

 

"Hi, what's your name?" RM asked Haemi.

 

"It's Han Haemi." She said and grinned.

 

RM wrote on the photo she gave and signed. After that, he gave it back to her and did a hi-five, then Haemi shooked his hand.

 

"Hi, Joonri. I'm glad you're here." RM said when my turn came.

 

"Uh, hi."

 

"Where's your picture?"

 

"H-huh? Oh... I, I don't have any with me." I scratched my head. "I was just dragged here, honestly." I smiled awkwardly.

 

RM smiled and he called the other guy they're with, whispering something and then he gave something to RM.

 

"I'll let you have this, then." He said as he signed a photocard.

 

"Oh, are you free later? Wanna hang out?"

 

"Uhm... I'm sorry but I can't. Need to work." I smiled sadly. He pouted.

 

"Maybe next time?"

 

"M-maybe."

 

"Okay, then. Thank you for coming." He grinned and then shook my hand.

 

Now, it's my turn for Jungkook. I gulped as I came in front of him.

 

"Hi!" He greeted with a wide smile, his eyes shining.

 

"Uh, hi..."

 

"Where will I sign?" He asked, looking so innocent.

 

"Oh... actually, I... I forgot..."

 

"Ah, wait..."

 

Again, like what RM did, he called for the other guy they're with and whispered something. Then he gave a card to Jungkook and that's where he started signing.

 

"What's your name?" He asked.

 

"Uuhhh..."

 

Well, he doesn't remember, does he? Why is he asking for my name then? Tsh. Just like what I thought so. Fine.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Huh? Ah, sorry. It's...it's Joonri."

 

"Joonri..." he said as he wrote it on the photocard.

 

"Here, Joonri." He gave me the card with his smile. I slowly got it. "Thank you for coming!" He chimed and slightly bowed.

 

I slightly and quickly smiled before I went out to the exit.

 

"Hey, hey. What now? Did he recognize you? What did he say?"

 

"I'm going back to the library."

 

"Huh? Hey, what's up? What happened?"

 

"Oh, nothing. Just the usual idol-fan talk during fanmeets." I shrugged.

 

I didn't know why but I'm feeling kinda disappointed and a little bit mad maybe because he doesn't even remember me a single bit. Not even about last night at the coffee shop. Does he had amnesia? Tsh. Whatever.

 

"He doesn't remember, does he?"

 

"No. I don't know. I don't care." I shrugged.

 

I went back to the library as I finished my job. After so, I texted Haemi that I'll be heading to the coffee shop now and can't come with her for this day.

 

How come he acts like that so easily? I mean, at least he could've recognize my face and acknowledge me. But he didn't. Ugh! But wait, why is it getting a big deal for me? Tsh.

 

 

Someone cleared their throat while I was shaking my head and getting the thought out. I looked up and greeted the customer.

 

"Hi! Welcome to--" My eyes widened when I saw who it was. It was Jungkook, wearing a cap which he slightly move up from his face. What is he doing here again?

 

"One Americano, please."

 

"O-okay... O-one hundred..."

 

I turn around after as I silently prepared his drink. I felt a little bit nervous again. What does he want? Is he trying to tease me or playing with me? I shook my head again and focused on making his drink.

 

"One Americano..." I said.

 

"Thanks." He said and smiled as he grabbed the cup.

 

He went to sit where he did last time, took out his phone and then relaxed. A few minutes later, a girl came in and immediately went to where he is. When he saw her, he stood up and went to hugged her, making me raised my eyebrow without knowing. Tch. They talked a little and then the girl went to order a cup of cappuccino, and went back after.

 

What now?

 

I cannot help but to steal a glance at them from time to time as I was doing my job. They looked so happy talking, and I wonder who's the girl. Maybe a friend? Best friend? Childhood friend? Celebrity friend? But I can't recognize her face as a celebrity. /shrugs/ Whatever. It's none of my business anyway. After all, we're not already friends, not like before. And why would he waste his time with an ordinary girl like me? Tsh. Right, I should just focus on my job right now.

 

It's already dark outside, and the girl is about to go out now. I thought Jungkook was coming with her, but he just stood up and bid goodbye to the girl. I looked at the time and it was already 10 in the evening, that's why there's only a few customers left in the shop. I started cleaning some parts in the shop. As soon as the time turns to 11, everyone has already left except for Jungkook. I had to approach him and tell him that we're already closing.

 

"Hi, uhm, sir. I'm sorry but we're closing now."

 

"Oh? Okay."

 

He stood up and after he left, I cleaned the area, fixed my things, and prepared myself to go home. I got out and locked the door.

 

But I was surprised to see him on the corner, and then he approached me as soon as he saw me came out.

 

"What are you still doing here?"

 

"I... I don't have an umbrella." He said and scratched the back of his head while smiling sheepishly.

 

"Oh."

 

I looked for my umbrella in my bag and gave it to him.

 

"Here."

 

"Eh? What about you?"

 

"I'm okay." I smiled at him. "I can use my jacket."

 

"But..."

 

I slightly pushed the umbrella on his hand for him to hold on to it.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

I just nodded. "I just live nearby. I can walk, or maybe run. So it's okay."

 

"But...wait."

 

Before he could even stop me, I started walking away from him, not thinking about the rain. I don't even know why I did that, why I lied, and acted like that. I was kinda overwhelmed, or maybe a little bit frustrated or annoyed. I don't know.

 

As soon as I came home, I took a hot shower and went to sleep after letting my hair dry.

_ _ _ _ _

 

Days passed by and most of the time, if he's not in school, he'll be in the coffee shop. But just like the first time we saw, he doesn't talk to me like he doesn't remember me at all. Nothing.

 

It was another Sunday again,but I had to wake up early as someone is trying to ring the bell and knock the door for several times now.

 

"Who's there?" I lazily said as I opened the door, still on my pj's with a messy hair and a morning face.

 

"Delivery!"

 

The guy said showing two boxes of pizza and another box of cake.

 

"Huh? But I didn't--" before I could finish talking, he barged in. "Hey, I didn't order anything. Maybe you got the wrong house."

 

I told him, who has already put down the food on the table. He then turned to me, removing his helmet.

 

"Happy Birthday!" He greeted and let out a small confetti.

 

My eyes widened in surprised.

 

"J-Jungkook?! How did you..." my heart started beating so fast it might jump out my ribcage. "How...why..."

 

He moved closer to me and suddenly hugged me so tight.

 

"Happy Birthday, Kim Joonri! Finally..." he whispered.

 

"J-Jungkook... finally what?" I pulled back from his hug.

 

"Finally, I can hug you as many times as I can." He said and hugged me again tightly like the first one.

 

"I'd been dying to hold you. I missed you so much."

 

"E-eh...? I thought you..."

 

"I don't remember you?" He pulled back and looked at me, raising his eyebrow and putting a smirk on his lips. I nodded slowly.

 

Suddenly, he leaned closer to my face, inches between us. He poked my nose.

 

"How can I forget the person I love the most?"

 

With those words he said, my heart beats more faster and I can feel it on my chest pounding, together with my churning tummy. Am I dreaming right now? Is this some kind of prank? A camera prank maybe? What's...what did I just heard?

 

Before I can even think another thought, I felt a damp on my lips. I saw his eyes closed as he was kissing me. I felt my body froze. But then he grabbed my head with his one hand and my hips with his other hand, pulling me closer to him. I also closed my eyes, putting my hands on his chest, and tip toed returning back his kiss. I felt him smiled between our kiss.

 

#