III.

Our Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

WENDY'S POV

We were both in high school when I first saw you. You were a third year student and I was an upcoming freshman. You were one of those who accomodates the students during tge orientation of freshmen. You wore those sweet smile when I first saw you, you were talking to the students. I felt as if everything was on slow motion when I first saw your face while you were talking to others. My heart starts to beat faster the longer I watch your every action. It was an unusual feeling. But I felt happy the moment I start feeling it. I can't help but to smile when I saw you tuck those strands of hair that covers your face, or even the way you blink your eyes, or the way you look at your mini notebook to list the student's details. iIt happens slowly as I watch you.

 

The line got shorter and shorter until it is my turn. I wanted to talk to you so bad, but my mouth is not obeying me. Perhaps, I was too shy at that time. It is like I have swallowed my tongue and it caused me to stop talking. That was unbelievable, there is nothing I can hear but my heart beating as I watched you closely. You stretched your hands to get my student form to get my details and list them down and my heart beats faster when our hands had brushed. It felt like electricity had rushed through my body and are flowing through my veins. I liked it. 

 

As you were about to finish listing my details down your notebook, I quickly took a glance at your ID. 

 

You strrtched your hand as you finish writing and flashed me a smile. A sweet smile that will take longer for my mind to forget. Or perhaps... the smile tgat I can't ever forget. 

 

I look at your ID before taking a step to pass you and go to the orientation room. 

 

                             BAE JOOHYUN

                      ENGLISH DEPARTMENT

 

 

As I saw it a smile had been made by the corner of my lips and had walked to the orientation room. 

 

 

That was the first time I saw you. 

 

 

 

 

 

If you were going to ask me when is the second time I saw you. I still remember the exact date. It was November 13, 2016. Yes, I totally remember it. Why? Because it was the day that I heard your voice. It was very addicting and very soothing. It can make your stress go away. You did also read your explanation in that poetry piece. It was incredible. Maybe that's why the teacher had ask you to read and ecplain that poetry piece. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the 7th of November when Ms. Jung had asked her students to choose a poetry piece and explain the content of it. 

"Okay class. For your final output in my subject, I need you to choose a poetry piece and write the explanation on a yellow pad paper."  The class had started to cheer some noise about their new task. "Okay, let me finish first". Ms. Jung contonued. "We will also choose one student who read the poetry piece that she had chosen and his or her explanation of it through the broadcasting department of our school." The chhering got louder as soon as the students heard this. it was an incredible oppurtunity to be heard in the whole campus. "Good luck everyone. We will choose only one who can be heard in the entire school. Now chop, chop, submission will be on 10th. Dismissed!" Ms. Jung had finished explaning the task to her students.

 

 

Thta night, Joohyun didn't any have trouble finding the poetry she likes. And had choosen the piece 'Life doesn't frighten me at al' by Maya Angelou. Her reason? She just love the piece itself even though it is originally writen for children. She submitted her task at the said date.

 

It was on 11th when Ms. Jung had announced the results.

 

"So, the pieces that all of you had chosen are all beautiful. But there is one student who explained the piece very well. Prepare yoursel for speaking on the entire school, Bae Joohyun" The studets cheered after the teacher had announced the one who will be broadcasted whilst Bae Joohyun was surprised and felt excited already. After all it was a priviledge to be heard to the entire school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was on the cafeteria that time with my clique, talkingh about this and that, taking turns on talking and sharing topics when the speaker all over the school had been . It was signalled when the emcee in the broadcasting department had muttered a few words and greeted the entire student. We didn't really care about whatever announcement was being made that time. We were discussing this and that, until I heard that name. 

 

"So now, we have a special guest from English department and she will be here with us to share a poetry piece. She was chosen to be part of us by Ms. Jung and the reason behing that is because Ms. Jung appreciated her explaination and her thoughts on the certain piece. She is from 3rd year and an English Major, we have Bae Joohyun". I heard the announcer said through the speaker. But as I heard the familiar name, it is like it had echoed in my mind and my hands complet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter