I..

Our Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

[MONDAY -----   3:15 PM]

 

 

 

 

Joohyun is busily scanning the title of the books on the large bookshelf. Her eyes are busily reading the title of the books that are beautifully lined up on the large bookshelf. Her hands were sliding through each book she scans. Nothing can be heard in that place, except the clacking of her heels that echoes in the large library. Each step was made every time she passes the book that is not what she is looking for.

 

Clack

 

Clack

 

Clack

 

Clack

 

 

Suddenly, Joohyun heard her name when someone called her name. She smiled as she saw an old woman wearing a brown coat and is wearing her pencil skirt with her specs. Joohyun then bowed and the old woman returned the action with a smile.

 

"Joohyun. Thank you again for volunteering to be one of the substitutes for our other librarian that is on leave. Without you, I wouldn't be able to do all the work here on this library"

 

Joohyun had been wanting to work in the library for a long time but she only managed to be accepted because the one who suggests books in this library had taken a leave. 

 

Joohyun shook her hands in front and was flashing her smile to the old lady.

 

"It was really nothing Ma'am. I just love to be surrounded by books. Luckily I majored in English that is why I think I got close to all of the books. Especially, This is the town's library that is why it needed so much effort to be organized. I know that today, people can easily read anything on the internet, but luckily, in this town, this library is a must and I am very happy to see people here every day" Joohyun explained with her smile all over her face. the happiness on her face is genuine and no one could ever doubt that.

the librarian smiled also and held Joohyun on her arms and pat it lightly while thanking the young girl. After their conversation, the librarian excused herself to be in the front entrance. 

 

Joohyun then smiled and continued her work on the after the short conversation.  She scanned each book again until she reached the end of the shelf. She sighed then pouted at the result of not finding the book she was looking for. 

 

 

She jumped a little after being shocked by a girl who touched her with a finger. Joohyun then looks at her back and saw a girl grinning at her. The girl is wearing her school uniform. The girl has black hair. She has plump lips and a pointed nose and has attractive eyes. She was younger than Joohyun. 

 

"May I help you?" Joohyun asked the girl

 

"Unnie, is there any book about Magic or Wizards? Like Harry Potter?" The girl asked Joohyun. 

 

Joohyun then smiled at the girl and nodded her head. 

 

"You're lucky I've seen it earlier" Joohyun grinned and gestured the girl to follow her. The girl then nodded her head and followed Joohyun. The two just walked at the same shelf and when they reached the end of the shelf, they stopped walking and Joohyun then slipped out a book. She then showed the front page of the book to the girl and the girl's mouth agape at what she saw. 

 

When the book was handed to the girl,  The girl hugged Joohyun and thanked her. 

 

"Thank you so much, Miss...?" The girl had asked instead, not sure of what to call the sub

 

"You can call me Joohyun. Just Joohyun-Unnnie" She smiled 

 

"Okay Joohyun, Unnie. I am Yeri" The girl had offered her hands for a handshake and Joohyun gladly accepted it. 

 

 

"Uhm, can I ask why are you interested in this book?" Joohyun asked. she was curious all right, after all, they are in the country that doesn't speak in English for everyday conversation.

 

"Ah! that. hehe" the girl scratched the back of her neck and look at her side. she blushed obviously, maybe because of shyness.  "Well, you see, I love Harry Potter, and I love English" the girl then stretched her head closer to Joohyun and whispered something while smiling. "even though I'm not fluent" the girl giggled again

 

Joohyun nodded but doesn't know what came into her that she asked another question.

 

"Is that all? I mean, you don't have any other... reasons. Like you really don't have any homework like that stuff?

 

"Hmm. No. I don't have any. But, I just want to impress my tutor" Yerim laughed and Joohyun joined too. she did find it cute. knowing the girl likes English and wanting good feedback from her tutor.

 

"Well, come on then. So you can start your magical adventures" Joohyun said with a grin and the girl had nodded her head with a smile on her face.

 

After that, Joohyun guided Yerim to the nearest table so that the girl could read comfortably. Joohyun smiled as she was contented that she had helped someone for today. 

 

 

Joohyun smiled happily as she walked away to the girl. 

 

 

"It is a good Monday after all" Joohyun muttered as she became happy after helping someone even though she cannot find the book that she was looking for.

She also reminisced good memories with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[TUESDAY 4:14 PM]

 

 

It was the 4th shelf that Joohyun was at. Still trying to find the book she is looking for. again, the clacking of her heels can be heard all over that shelf, echoing and filling the ears of the people who are also looking for their desired books quietly. she walks and walks until she reached the end of the shelf wherein just a few more steps, tables and seats are at. She heard a familiar line of a play and look at the table, and there, there is where the voice is coming from. She saw a girl's back and her hands are placed dramatically on her chest. Her voice is soft and full of emotions in saying her lines. But there is something missing. And so Joohyun's curiosity took over and she walked near the girl. When she reached the table where the girl is at, she cleared to get the girl's attention, after doing so, the girl looked at her side and saw Joohyun smiling at her. The girl frowned a little but asked instead what the stranger is about.

 

"Yes?" The girl asked Joohyun

 

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but, your pronunciation seems to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter