She Said Yes.

One Day She Will Say Yes

“What do you mean the ring won’t be ready until after Christmas?” Chaewon screeched at the jeweler across the table.
“Ma’am I’m sorry but due to the upcoming storm we won’t be able to get it here on time.” The jeweler said apologetically.
Chaewon sighed out. She had the perfect plan to propose to Hyejoo on Christmas Eve but without the ring how could she propose?
______

As she walked through the busy streets she felt nothing but disappointment and anger. Christmas Eve was tomorrow and she now had no idea what to do. She had planned out everything from what she would wear to what she would say. The most important part of the whole plan was the ring. She went to her most trusted jeweler to have him make a custom made ring for Hyejoo and she was so excited. But now she was nowhere near excited.
______
“Hey baby, how was your day?” Hyejoo asked.
“ing fantastic.” She snapped while tossing her jacket onto the sofa.
Hyejoo looked at her with concern in her eyes and Chaewon felt bad for snapping at her but she was frustrated. She wanted to give Hyejoo the proposal of her dreams but now she couldn’t.
“Why don't you go take a shower and I’ll make us dinner.” Hyejoo offered.
“Alright, thank you.” She said forcing a smile.

Maybe she was being immature about this. She technically didn't need a ring to propose right? She could propose and then give her the ring when it arrived. If Hyejoo were to propose to her without a ring she wouldn't care at all, she’d just be so happy to be engaged to her. It was just a ring so why did it matter that much? See, Chaewon was an old-fashioned romantic so the thought of proposing without a ring just didn't sit right with her.
______

She walked over to the balcony while she waited for Hyejoo to finish up cooking. The snow was coming down harder and harder each minute. She realized even if she had the ring there was no way she’d be able to propose to Hyejoo tomorrow. They were definitely going to be snowed in for the next day or two. After a year of being with Hyejoo she knew she was the one. The love of her life. Chaewon knew that she wanted to propose to her on Bow Bridge during the winter but her plan would have to wait for another day.
“I made us a gourmet meal.” Hyejoo said interrupting her from her thoughts.
She sat down and poured them each a glass of wine while Hyejoo brought their food over. Chaewon looked down at the bowl that was placed in front of her and started laughing. In front of her was a bowl of macaroni and cheese. She looked over at Hyejoo who had a big smile on her face. Hyejoo was simple and she didn't need a lot to be happy. So why was Chaewon so angry over the proposal plan when Hyejoo would be happy with anything?
“I’m sorry for being rude when I came home. I was just stressed about something.” She blurted out.
“Would you like to talk about it?” Hyejoo asked.
“No, not now.” She responded.
“Ok, whenever you're ready. Please enjoy the meal, it took a lot of effort for me to make it.” She said teasingly.
______
After dinner they sat on the couch by the fireplace watching the snowfall. Of course Chaewon was still in her head about everything but she was slowly starting to relax in her lovers arms. She turned to look at Hyejoo who smiled warmly at her. Hyejoo leaned down to kiss her slowly. They pulled away and looking into each others eyes lovingly.
“You’re my best friend, I love you so much.” Hyejoo said.
In this moment Chaewon didn't need to think, she already knew what she had to do.
“Let’s go for a walk.” She said.
“Chae, theres going to be a blizzard. We are not going outside.” She responded.
“Come on please, I just want to see how pretty Central Park looks right now. It isn't even that bad right now, it’s just flurries.” She argued.
Hyejoo rolled her eyes. It was almost 1 AM and the last thing she wanted to do was get up and go outside.
“No babe, lets just stay inside.” She pleaded.
________
10 minutes later the two women were walking towards the lake in Central Park.
“I can’t believe we’re doing this. I can’t believe I listened to your crazy .” Hyejoo groaned.
Chaewon giggled and dragged Hyejoo onto the bridge. Stopping in the middle of the bridge she pulled Hyejoo close into a hug. She placed her hands on Hyejoo’s cheeks and leaned in kissing her softly.
“Hyejoo, I love you so much.”
“I love you too. Of course I love you. Why else would I come here in a blizzard with you.” She laughed.
“I’ve been so lucky to be with you the last 5 years, you really are my soulmate. You make me so happy and I hope I make you so happy also. With you I feel so loved and so safe. Like nothing bad can ever happen. I want to be with you forever. Lets grow old and wrinkly together. I’ll love you always. I can’t imagine a time before you and I don't want to.” Chaewon had tears falling down her face. Sure she didn't have a ring and they were technically outside in a blizzard but it didn't matter. It was the perfect moment.
She got down in the snow on one knee, “Hyejoo, will you marry me?”
“Yes, oh my god, yes of course!” She exclaimed.
 Chaewon stood up and Hyejoo kissed her passionately. By this time both girls had snot running down their faces because of the cold and because of how much they were crying. Tears of joy, obviously.
“Um babe, I… well I don't have a ring yet. Thats why I was in a bad mood today.” Chaewon said awkwardly.
“I don't need a ring, I just need you.” She said lovingly.
They kissed and kissed and kissed while the rest of the city was sound asleep.