One Day She Will Say Yes

One Day She Will Say Yes

“Please, please, please.” Chaewon whined.
“Chae, it’s freezing lets just go home so we can watch a movie and cuddle.” Hyejoo said.
“But walking through Central Park while it snows is so romantic.” She said while giving Hyejoo her best puppy dog eyes.
It was already 8PM and the last thing Hyejoo wanted to do was take the long way home in the freezing cold. She couldn't resist Chaewon though, especially not when she looked so cute bundled up in her coat, beanie, scarf, and gloves.
“Fine.” She mumbled.
“Wait, hold my hand.” Chaewon said pouting.
The two girls walked hand and hand through the park. It was magical. Despite how loud New York City could be Central Park was silent. All you heard was the crunch of the girls feet as they walked in the snow.
“Hey, do you remember our first date here?” Chaewon asked smiling up at Hyejoo.
“Yeah.” Hyejoo said smiling back.
______
They had met in their first year of college, being assigned partners for a project. For their first date they had a picnic in Central Park. It wasn't anything too fancy but it was a perfect first date. They rented paddle boats and rode around the lake enjoying each others company.
It was a typical city romance. Their weekdays consisted of meeting up at Central Park to study together and their weekends consisted of bar hopping and ending up somewhere on the East side for a dollar slice. Chaewon went with Hyejoo to Rangers games and Hyejoo went with Chaewon to see plays on Broadway. They were now college graduates and were able to save up to buy a little apartment on the Upper West Side. It was tiny but it was home.
______
“Babe, I’m freezing.” Chaewon said, her teeth chattering.
“I told you we should've just went home. Come on let’s walk faster.” She said quickening her pace.
“Warm me up.” She whined.
“When we get home I’ll make you hot chocolate.” Hyejoo said. She felt Chaewon let go of her hand. “What are you doing?”
She turned around seeing how red Chaewon’s nose was from the cold.
“You’ll end up sick if you don't start walking, baby.” She tried to reason with her.
“Ok, kiss me first though.” Chaewon giggled.
Hyejoo grabbed Chaewon’s hands and pulled her close to her.
“You’re ridiculous, do you know that?”
“You love me.” Chaewon said.
“I love you.” Hyejoo said smiling adoringly at her.
“I love you too.”
Hyejoo wrapped her arms around Chaewon’s neck kissing her slowly. No matter how many times they've kissed it always felt just as special as their first kiss. Their lips moved slowly against each others while Chaewon grabbed Hyejoo’s waist harder pulling her impossibly close.
Hyejoo pulled away slowly to say, “Babe, can we please go home so we can continue this in our own home?”
Chaewon nodded and the girls resumed their walk home.
When they arrived into their apartment Hyejoo walked to the kitchen to make them each hot chocolates while Chaewon went to get changed. When Chaewon was finished changing she walked over to Hyejoo hugging her from the back. Hyejoo turned around slowly pulling Chaewon into a hug.
“Nice hoodie.” She said.
“Thanks.” Chaewon said grinning. She was wearing Hyejoo’s NYU hoodie that she always loved to wear. At this point it was more of Chaewon’s hoodie than Hyejoos.
“Come on, lets watch a movie and cuddle.” Hyejoo said while grabbing Chaewon’s hand to lead her to the couch.
“Tomorrow can we go back to Central Park and go ice skating?” She said looking up at her expectantly.
“Yes, my love.” Hyejoo said.
Did Hyejoo really want to go back to Central Park in the cold tomorrow? No but she would follow Chaewon anywhere.
___________
It was evening when Hyejoo and Chaewon left the ice skating rink. It was one of their favorite things to do during the winter. They would go ice skating, then go to Rockefeller Center to see the tree, and end the day by having a dinner date. They walked over Bow Bridge and stopped to take in the view. Hyejoo always loved the way the lake looked frozen and how she was able to see the city lights. She looked over at Chaewon feeling emotional by how much she loved her. She wanted nothing more then to continue this tradition for the rest of her life. And they would. One day Chaewon will take Hyejoo to Bow Bridge in the winter and she will propose to her… and she will one day say yes.