Final

3 Hours (Oneshot)

 

Dara roughly opened the door to her classroom and stomped inside. She was 30 minutes late, but she didn't care. The previous night didn't go so well for her, so she was in a really bad mood and the fact that everyone in the room was staring at her didn't help out with making her feel any better. She glanced at the teacher's desk and spotted yet a whole stack of confession letters. Ever since Yong Junhyung started teaching at Dara's high school, so many girls and even some boys, whether a teacher or student, make fools of themselves by trying to confess their undying love for him. Well, who could blame them? He's young, gorgeous, smart and has a pretty amazing body. Dara was snapped out of her thoughts when Junhyung cleared his throat.

"Miss Park, you're late," the teacher said. "Mind telling me why?"

"I don't know," she muttered. She really wasn't in the mood to say a word to her teacher.

"What do you mean, you don't know? There must be a reason why you came barging in my classroom 30 minutes after the bell has rung," he hissed. 

"I woke up late, okay? I had a horrible night yesterday and didn't get home until midnight. I was tired and I forgot to set my alarm, so that's why I'm late. Are you happy now? Can I sit down?" Dara shot back. If there was one thing Junhyung hated more than his students being late, it's when they talk back. 

"I would really appreciate it if you don't talk to me like that, Miss Park. It's rude and disrespectful," he said calmly and Dara felt like crying her eyes out. 

"Look, I'm sorry, Mr. Yong. I didn't mean to sound rude and I promise I won't talk to you like that again. May I take my seat now, so you can continue with your lesson?" she said through gritted teeth. Junhyung can still sense the hostility in her voice, but he let it go.

"Go ahead."

Dara didn't bother to say anything else and walked over to her desk. She can feel her classmates staring at her, but she disregarded it. Dara wasn't a troublemaker in school. In fact, she's one of the top students and not once has she ever been sent to the principal's office for any kind of misbehavior. Yes, teachers have scolded her before, but it's rare and it was because she was pissed, like today. 

When she got to her seat, she dropped her bag on the desk and plopped down on the chair. Throughout the lesson, she kept her head down on her desk, but still listened to what Junhyung was saying. There was a certain quote that he started talking about that caught Dara's attention.

"So basically, what this person is trying to say is that if you truly love someone, you won't do anything to hurt him or her," he said. Dara scoffed upon hearing this and it didn't go unnoticed by everyone in the room, especially Junhyung.

"Is there something that you would like to say, Miss Park?" he asked, annoyance evident in his voice.

"Yes. I would like to say that this quote is bull." Her classmates gasped and gaped at her in horror. "I mean, love can't protect anyone from getting hurt. I just think that people shouldn't get their hopes up that just because someone loves them, it instantly saves them from all the pain and suffering that person is capable of inflicting, physically or emotionally." 

"I appreciate your insights, Miss Park, and I would love to hear more, but I do not tolerate any of my students speaking out loud without raising their hands, let alone use profanities while in my classroom," he warned. Dara didn't apologize and just kept glaring at Junhyung. All of the students in the class could sense the tension between the two and they did not dare say a word, but lucky for them, the bell rang minutes later. They quickly gathered their things and ran out of the room. Dara was about to leave when Junhyung blocked the door. 

"You. Stay. We need to have a little talk." Junhyung closed the door and then walked back to his desk. "And don't tell me that you need to get to your next class because I know that you have a spare."

Dara huffed and dropped her bag on the floor. "Fine, whatever. What do you want to talk about?"

"What's with your attitude today? You're never like this in my class. What's wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"Are you serious? You don't have any clue why I'm mad?" she growled.

"I wouldn't be asking if I knew," he retorted.

"I don't want to talk about it," she said. 

"You have to talk about it because you're obviously infuriated by something and I want to know what it is." Junhyung walked towards her and reached out his hand, but Dara backed away. "Dara..."

"It's because of you, Junhyung. I'm angry because of you. Last night, it took me a ing hour to get to the restaurant that we were supposed to meet at for dinner. I waited for you for 3 ing hours because I made myself believe that you were just running late and that you didn't forget about our date. I didn't get any calls or texts, so how was I supposed to know that you weren't going to show up at all? I tried calling you, but your phone was off. The ing waiters were even looking at me with sympathy in their eyes. They had to tell me that I had to leave because it's been 3 ing hours and people were waiting for seats. Do you know how embarrassed I was?" Dara knows that this isn't worth crying over, but she couldn't hold it in anymore and let the tears spill.

"Oh my God, I completely forgot! I'm so sorry, Dara. I had a few drinks with some of the other teachers and it completely slipped my mind. God, I feel horrible. Babe..." Junhyung looked at her with guilt written all over his face. He didn't mean to forget, he really didn't.

"Don't you dare babe me. You made me look like a fool in that restaurant. This isn't the first time that you've stood me up, but I let it go. What kind of a boyfriend are you? Is this how you treat the girls that you have dated in the past? You get wasted with your co-workers and completely forget that you promised your girlfriend that you were going to eat dinner together because she was in Japan for 2 weeks and missed you so much?" She kicked her bag in frustration. 

"No Dara, it was an accident--"

"Wait, it's because I'm your student, isn't it? You think that I'm like the other girls in this school who are so obsessed with you that they don't care if they get hurt, just as long as they can call you their boyfriend," she whispered. 

"You know that's not true." Junhyung tried to come closer, but every step he takes, she takes one backwards.

"I don't know what to believe anymore," Dara said and picked up her bag. "I need some time to think."

"What do you mean?" Junhyung asked nervously.

"Exactly that. I need to think." She headed for the door, but stopped when Junhyung grabbed her hand.

"Y-You're not breaking up with me, are you?" 

"I-I...I just...I don't know..." Dara's mind was a mess.

"Can I call you tonight?" he asked, hoping that she would be ready to talk things out by then.

"I would prefer that you don't." With that, she pulled her hand from his grasp and left the classroom. 

Junhyung couldn't believe that this was happening. He didn't mean to hurt her like that and it certainly wasn't because she's his student. To Junhyung, Dara was way more mature than any of the other girls that he's dated and that's what he loves about her. On top of that, she's beautiful, kind, and smart. He knows that it's against school policy for a teacher to date a student, but if you thought about it, Dara's going to be 18 in a month and Junhyung just turned 23, so it's not that bad. He had tried to get rid of the feelings that he had for Dara, but no matter what he did, he couldn’t get her out of his head. One day, he finally snapped and kissed her when she stayed after school to ask for help with her work. Junhyung was expecting her to push him away and tell the principal because never has she shown any type of interest in him, but was caught off guard when Dara wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. From then on, they started going on secret dates and would often hang out at each other's house because Dara's parents were never home anyway. The other times that he didn't show up, it was because some of the teachers were getting suspicious and one of them even tried to follow him, claiming that he's going in the same direction, so Junhyung had no choice but to go somewhere else. Dara never says anything about it the next day, so he figured that she probably didn't go either, but boy was he wrong. The last one though was pure accident. He really did forget about it and although it's the worst possible excuse that he can give, it's the truth and he feels terrible about it.  He can't deny that he's in love with Dara and that's precisely why he can't let his stupid mistakes push her away from him. His heart can't take it.

 

Evening...

Dara stared up at her ceiling and thought about the day's events. She didn't mean to be so dramatic earlier, but she was just so mad that she couldn't control what she said or did. She still can't get over the embarrassment from the ious night, the looks that people gave her, knowing that she's waiting for someone who's not going to come. Then she was kindly asked to leave and the manager didn't really do a good job with keeping her voice down, so people around her heard it all. At that moment, she wanted to crawl into a hole and hide in there forever. 

Dara sighed and covered her face with a pillow. "God, what should I do? Help me!"

Then the phone started ringing, but Dara was too lazy to pick it up, so she let it go to voicemail. 

"Honey, it's your umma. I know that your appa and I promised you that we'll be coming home tonight, but unfortunately, something came up with the business, so we have to stay here for another week or two. I put money in your bank account; so if you need to buy food or other necessities, just use that. We love you, Dara. Can't wait to see you next week."

"Yeah right. You'll probably call again in two weeks and tell me that you're staying there for 2 more ing months," she mumbled against the pillow. After a few minutes, Dara was starting to fall asleep, when she heard the doorbell. "It's freaking 9pm, who the hell could be ringing my doorbell at this time of night?"

When she opened the door, there stood Junhyung holding a picnic basket in his hand.

"Mr. Yong, what are you doing here?" Dara asked with a poker face. Junhyung was surprised that she didn't call him by his first name.

"Why did you call me that?"

"Isn't that how students are supposed to address their teachers?" she said and Junhyung knew that she was still angry.

"Yes, but--"

"We have a student-teacher relationship, nothing more, so it's only right for me to call you Mr. Yong." Right when she said those words, she immediately regretted it because by the look on Junhyung's face, she knew that she had said something wrong.

"I see," he whispered, turned around and started to walk away. Dara had to do something if she wanted to solve the problem.

"Wait, why did you come to my house, Junhyung?" He stopped in his tracks and turned around.

"I wanted to see if you were hungry. I brought food," he said, lifting up the basket. 

"I...I am hungry, actually..." Junhyung's face brightened up and all of Dara's anger towards him went flying out the window.

They ate in silence as they both didn't know how to start the conversation. It was killing Dara inside because she wanted to touch him, hug him and kiss him so badly. She was about to say something when Junhyung spoke up.

"Dara, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to forget about our date yesterday and all the other times that I didn't show, it was because the teachers were getting suspicious and I didn't want to risk them finding out about us. Also, it's not true that I think you're like the other girls from school. I think that you are way more mature than any of them, and even some of the teachers. I love you, Park Sandara and if you give me another chance, I promise that this won't happen ever again." Junhyung bit his lip as he waited for her response.

"Actually, I already forgave you before you went in the house." Dara got up, took her plate and went inside the kitchen to place it on the sink. Then she turned around and leaned on the counter.

"Really?" Junhyung asked, unsure if he should get up and follow her.

"Really."

"Oh, thank God." He finally got up from his chair and walked towards Dara. Without thinking, he lifted her up on the counter and captured her lips. She didn't hesitate in kissing him back, opening her legs so that he could move closer. She wrapped her arms and legs around him, while he rested his hands on her thighs.

"I think I know how you can make it up to me." Dara smirked as she started to his hoodie. She was about to take it off him, when he stopped her. 

"Babe, as much as I want to do that, remember my rule? I've told you countless times when we started dating," he said, putting his hands on her waist.

"Yeah, yeah, 'no until you graduate high school'," Dara said, imitating Junhyung's voice. He chuckled and pecked her lips.

"I'm glad you understand."

"Whatever." She pouted and crossed her arms.

"I love you."

"..."

"This is the part where you say, 'i love you too, my super hot, smart, y and amazing boyfriend'."

"..."

"Say it."

"Fine. I love you too, my mean, annoying and forgetful boyfriend."

"Well, at least you said you love me too. We'll just have to work on the second part."

 

The next day...

"Okay class, for homework, read chapters five to seven and make notes. List all of the quotes that stood out for you and explain why. See you tomorrow."

All of the students gathered their things and left the classroom, except for Dara.

"Mr. Yong, your lessons are so interesting. Would you like to come over to my house and teach me more?" she asked, then started laughing, closing the door and making sure to lock it.

"Okay, that wasn't funny. What if she really wanted me to teach her? Not that I would actually go to her house." Junhyung said. 

"Oh, come on, Junhyung. It was so obvious that she was trying to seduce you. All she wants to learn is how to get in your pants." Dara started playing with his tie, as he ran his hands up and down her sides. "Face it, most of the students, regardless of gender, in this school are swooning over you."

"But I have my eyes set on only one student and she is quite beautiful."

"Babe, that was so cheesy." Dara giggled, smacking his arm. 

"I know, sorry. So, tonight, my house, I'll cook dinner."

"Sure," she said and pulled away from him to pick up her bag from her desk. "I should go. I always go to Mr. Lee's class early to help him around the classroom. Sometimes, I think that he gives me extra marks just for that."

"Are you using your charms on other teachers?" he asked, pouting.

"Mr. Lee, no. The principal, maybe." She chuckled and walked up to him.

"I guess that's fine. As long as I'm the only one who gets to touch you, hug you, kiss you and most importantly, love you."

"Again with the cheesy lines." Dara smiled and pulled him down by his tie to place a kiss on his cheek and on his lips. "See you tonight, love you."

"Love you too."

When she opened the door, there were about 15 girls waiting outside, probably to confess their feelings or give him letters and presents.

"Did you confess? He probably rejected you, didn't he?" one girl asked. Dara smirked and pretended to look sad. 

"Aw, I'm sorry. He probably has his eyes set on me," another girl said.

"Or me."

"It's probably me."

She wanted to laugh at the irony of it all. "Yeah, it's probably one of you. I'm just not his type."

Junhyung heard it all and couldn't help but laugh. Then a student walked up to him and handed him a box of chocolates.

"Mr. Yong, your lessons are really interesting..." Junhyung sighed. Here we go again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Lol, I don't know. I was bored. :D