Let's Date

Let's Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For  Kristopia

Taehyung was excited about going to Hawaii. He’d never been to Hawaii before but he’d heard so much about it from his friends; he was looking forward to the beaches, swimming, playing volleyball, canoeing, and all the other fun things there would be to do. What made this trip even better was that he’d be there with the rest of his group. Some of the days would be spent working as this was technically, in the end, a ‘business’ trip for BTS; but their manager had promised they’d have plenty of time to themselves. 

Throughout the plane ride, Taehyung spent his time looking at a documentary he found on Hawaii which was made a couple of years ago but gave him great information on things he could probably do in his free time. Watching the video he decided on three things: 1. He was going to go scuba diving (maybe he’d ask Jungkook to tag along for that); 2. He was going to build the biggest sandcastle the world had ever seen (ok maybe not that big but enough for the crabs to make a home in); and 3. Spend some time with Yoongi hyung, maybe go on a hot air balloon ride… ok, maybe not the last one. Taehyung wasn’t brave enough for that. If he was anywhere near Yoongi alone these days he ended up getting flustered and nervous; thanks to a certain idiot who had made Taehyung realize he had a crush on Yoongi. 

“Hyung, you like Yoongi hyung don’t you?” Jungkook asked Taehyung during one of their late-night gaming sessions. 

“Yea, he’s a great friend,” Taehyung answered without a second thought.

“No, I meant like… ah nevermind,” Jungkook said but then after a minute spoke up again. “What if I said I wanted to date Yoongi hyung?” Jungkook asked.

“You wouldn’t dare cheat on Jiminie,” Taehyung answered back easily, wondering how that question had even come up.

“For the last time, Jimin and I aren’t d-dating! I don’t even l-like him that way!” Jungkook denied while sending a death glare over at Taehyung who just laughed and took the opportunity to KO Jungkook’s character in Mortal Kombat.

“Suuurrreee you don’t,” Taehyung teased as he put down his controller to grab another piece of chocolate from the snack basket they had in front of them which was filled with all sorts of junk food. 

“I don’t!” Jungkook huffed as he too grabbed something out of the basket and popped it into his mouth. “Besides I just said I want to date Yoongi hyung, so what do you think? How should I ask him?” Jungkook continued.

“Be serious Jungkook, you know you don’t like Yoongi hyung in that way,” Taehyung replied giving Jungkook a serious look.

Jungkook frowned, “And why do you say that? Is there something wrong with me at least trying to date hyung? I mean it’s not like I don’t like him. Maybe I don’t love him like that yet but maybe I could if we started dating.”

“It’s not nice to play with someone’s feelings Jungkookie.”

“I wouldn’t be playing. I would never do that to anyone I care about. If I dated anyone, I’d do it seriously.”

Taehyung remained silent after that, he knew that Jungkook meant that at least. But he didn’t understand why the younger was being insistent on dating Yoongi? And why was it bothering him to hear Jungkook ask him for his opinion?

“But why Yoongi hyung?” Taehyung asked.

Jungkook shrugged, “why not? I can rely on him for a lot of things, we both like lamb skewers, we both love to sleep, if I were smaller we’d be the same person.” 

Taehyung snorted at that, no… he didn’t quite agree with that statement. Yoongi and Jungkook were worlds apart.

“I don’t think you and Yoongi hyung mesh well in the romantic sense,” Taehyung finally replied.

“Why?” Jungkook persisted.

“You… you guys just don’t.”

“Then what about Hoseok hyung?”

“Why are you asking about him? Did Hobi hyung say he liked Yoongi hyung?” Taehyung asked suspiciously. He could see Hoseok and Yoongi getting together, they were always so sweet to one another and Yoongi always had this gummy smile around Hoseok. And the thought that Hoseok liked Yoongi felt like a stab through his heart for some reason.

Jungkook smiled widely at Taehyung’s reply, “What if he did? What would you do?”

Taehyung remained silent. “Would it bother you if Yoongi and Hobi hyung got together?” Jungkook asked.

“No…” Taehyung responded in a strained voice. 

“Be honest with yourself hyung, you know it would,” Jungkook said with a slight chuckle as he turned back to the controller and began a new game. 

“You be honest to yourself first Kookie, you know you love Jimine,” Taehyung replied as he too grabbed his controller and they began a new round.

That short yet eye-opening conversation sent Taehyung into a spiral for the next week, where he kept asking himself why the thought of Yoongi dating someone had bothered him. And as he analyzed his thoughts and feelings he realized Jungkook was right, he liked Yoongi. And now ever since that realization, things had become a little weird for Taehyung and Yoongi. While Taehyung wished he could confess and act on his feelings, he was too afraid of rejection. He knew exactly how Yoongi would reject him too; Yoongi would do it gently making sure that Taehyung was fine afterward through others, which would make it worse for Taehyung because he wouldn’t even be able to hate Yoongi for rejecting him. 

With a sigh, Taehyung struck the third item off the list he’d made in his head… maybe another time. For now, he’d just focus on having fun and worry about crushes later, it wasn’t likely he’d be alone with Yoongi anyway.

When their plane finally landed in Hawaii, Taehyung was the first to grab his suitcases and leave the plane, the other members following close behind and telling him to slow down, which he reluctantly did. Their manager led the way to the vans and they all piled in, talking animatedly to one another. Taehyung luckily got a window seat and so he was able to observe his surroundings as the car drove to their hotel. 

At the hotel, everyone played rock, paper, scissors to determine their roommate for their stay. Taehyung hadn’t even considered the prospect he’d be rooming with Yoongi until it became his reality. When he realized he got paired with Yoongi, he went into a mini panic. What was he going to do! Being alone with Yoongi made him so nervous, he was going to end up making a bigger fool of himself than usual! He’d probably end up annoying Yoongi the whole trip and then Yoongi would hate him!

“Let’s go,” Yoongi said to Taehyung, forcing Taehyung out of his mini-state of panic. As the younger saw Yoongi walking towards where their rooms were supposed to be he followed along like a lost puppy.

The two settled down in their room and as they did Taehyung realized how close the beach was to their hotel. He could see it through their window and that regaled the excitement in him about being in Hawaii. Taehyung glanced over at Yoongi who was now lying in bed with his eyes closed. Taking a deep breath, he steeled his nerves. Come on you can do this, he thought to himself.

“Hyung! Let’s go to the beach!” Taehyung exclaimed as he bounded over to Yoongi and shook him lightly.

“Nah, I’d rather sleep,” Yoongi replied turning away from Taehyung.

“Awww come on hyung, we’re in Hawaii! We should go explore it a little!” Taehyung protested shaking Yoongi more insistently.

“Give me one good reason why I should?” Yoongi grumbled.

“Because you love me and want to make me happy?” Taehyung said cheekily albeit a little nervously since he wished that the love the elder had for him was more than brotherly. 

“Hmm… nope, try again,” Yoongi mumbled.

“Um… because I’ll agree to any request you give me if you do?” Taehyung tried pouting some more.

“Anything?” Yoongi questioned turning to Taehyung with a mischievous grin. 

“Anything.” Taehyung confirmed gulping, wondering what his hyung had planned and then adding, “But only one request, so use it wisely!”

“Ok, let’s go,” Yoongi said getting up right away.

“...what do you want me to do?” Taehyung asked as he followed the elder. The elder simply smiled and shook his head. “Later. Let’s just do what you want right now.”

Taehyung nodded even though he was confused and then two left their room heading out of the hotel and towards the beach. Once on the beach, Taehyung raced towards the ocean, eyes alight with excitement.

“It’s so blue!” He yelled as he ran into the water and screamed in delight as the wat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter