2/2

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry, I got busy with university and tried to write paragraphs in between classes and assignments lol, forgive me

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x

When I woke up, I usually wake up to my alarm clock, no snooze button, the smell of my mom’s cooking and birds chirping. 

But there was none of that this morning. 

Instead, I had Yujin come screaming through the door with a baseball bat ready to hit someone and Wonyoung peering from behind her. Sakura’s arm was draped over me with her face buried in the pillow, the kittens seemed to have woken up and hissed at the blockheads by the door. 

‘’What are you doing?!’’ I hissed, trying not to wake up the injured girl next to me. 

‘’When we came in, your mom told us that some girl named Sakura was sleeping over and I got worried! We thought you were held hostage! Is she hurting you?!’’ She held the bat even higher and nervously tried to look at the passed-out girl. 

‘’I’m fine! Could you just get out? She needs rest. I’ll explain later at school.’’ I pointed to the door sternly but Yujin wasn’t budging, until Wonyoung got the message and dragged her stubborn girlfriend out to give us space. 

Sakura hadn’t moved an inch and I had to sneak out from under her. Thankfully my mom thought ahead and made a make-shift litter box for the kittens and a fresh new bowl of milk before she left for work. My mom is a saint.

I couldn’t stop thinking about how I was going to explain all of this to the two of them. Afterall, just yesterday I reprimanded Yujin for even speculating about Sakura and just yesterday all I ever thought of her was just another troublemaker. I was going to sound crazy. 

I shot one last look at Sakura from my bedroom door before heading off, she was sprawled over the blankets, her eyes slightly open as she softly snored away. Kinda cute.

Kinda. Cute.

Kinda cute?! 

The hell is wrong with me?!

……..

‘’Why are you sleeping with her?’’

‘’I wasn’t sleeping with her; I mean I was but not in that way!’’ 

Yujin angrily shoved some bread in as Wonyoung took over with the questioning.  

‘’So, why was she in your bed? I thought you hated her guts.’’ She asked, confused as much as I was last night. 

‘’I-I didn’t hate her guts, I- I just, I misunderstood her.’’

The youngest narrowed her eyes at me, ‘’That still doesn’t explain why she was in your bed.’’ 

I cupped my hand over , ‘’Shh! I don’t want the whole class to find out.’’ I whispered. ‘’And she was hurt, some bullies were beating her up at the side of my house and I had to help her, what else was I supposed to do?’’ I let her go. 

‘’I dunno, leave her to kick ? Minju, you could’ve gotten really hurt. What if those jackasses didn’t run away? What if they decided it would be more fun beating YOU up?’’ Yujin leaned forward on her chair and looked me in the eyes seriously. ‘’Its not like we hate her either, we were just worried about you.’’

‘’I know, and I’m sorry but it was a one time thing and I doubt she even wants to-‘’

‘’Want to what?’’

The whole classroom fell in silence. People who were in groups around certain tables all turned their attention to our corner, people stopped eating and I could swear I heard a pin drop somewhere.

Sakura was standing behind me, still wearing the get up from yesterday that was dirty and covered with specs of blood. It was disturbing to say the least but what got me concerned the most was the fact that she was cradling her stomach, it was bulging and moving about, and I had a sure fire guess as to what she was hiding underneath her sports jacket. 

I stood up and grabbed her wrist, dragging her outside of the classroom and away from prying eyes swiftly.

‘’What the hell are you thinking?! You should still be in bed resting and why the hell did you think it would be a great idea to bring those three in school! You could be suspended!’’ I shouted at her but stopped when I saw people peeking through the door’s small window. 

‘’It won’t be the first time. Plus, without you there, it was awkward to be in your room alone.’’ She shrugged and shuffled the kittens around, all three of them poked their heads out the top of the jacket, mewing at me to them and I did. 

‘’You’re an idiot. Go back home before they find out.’’ I pushed her gently in the direction of our school’s exit. 

‘’But I don’t want to.’’ She pouted at me. 

Miyawaki ing Sakura, just pouted at me. 

‘’Why are you stubborn, just go home for one day!’’ 

She dug her heels down and turned around, stopping just as our noses touched. I blushed at the proximity and instinctively took a step back. My heart skipped a beat and I shook my head to clear it. 

‘’Do you still hate me?’’ She asked.

‘’No-No I-‘’ I tried to deny her claim but my mouth was still twisted and in shock from how close we were. 

‘’I thought we were past that…’’

‘’We-I mean, YES. We are, I-I just.’’ I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. ‘’Look, I just don’t want you to get into trouble, I promise, if you go back to my room with the kittens, I’ll be there after school to talk okay?’’

‘’Can’t we talk now?’’

‘’Minju, are you okay?’’ Yujin came out by herself and I assume Wonyoung was warding off anyone who tried to walk out of the classroom because nobody followed to see what the commotion was. 

‘’And who are you?’’ Sakura narrowed her eyes at Yujin and stood to her full height, which was nowhere near Yujin’s but it was cute to see her puffed out her chest. 

Yujin glared down at her, not at all bothered. ‘’I’m her best friend.’’ She answered simply. I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes at her protective tone. 

‘’Yujin, its fine. Sakura, can you back off?’’ I was still aware that Sakura knew how to fight and last night she was just stupid and threw herself over the poor kittens instead of fighting them away. To be honest, it worked out better that way. 

‘’Fine.’’ Sakura said and backed away, holding the kittens closer to her as they nuzzled her neck. 

‘’Sakura, I’ll talk to you-‘’

‘’Really?’’

‘’Only after you drop the kittens off somewhere else while you go to school, you can’t just bring them here.’’ I proceeded to continue to push her in the direction of the school’s exit. Yujin was left behind bewildered, slightly betrayed even. 

‘’Okay, okay. Can it be your room?’’

‘’Yes, it can be my room, just remember to give them milk before you come back.’’ I said desperately, there were so many people looking at us from the classroom windows. Sakura was famous for being a bad girl and I was famous for being a good girl. And one could only imagine what the heck we were doing talking to each other. 

And then she left without another word, walking briskly to my house to drop her ‘kids’ off. I leaned against the wall watching her disappear around the corner, now I had 3 children to deal with in my life. 

‘’What the hell Minju?’’

‘’Yujin! Make a freaking noise when you decide to come up behind someone!’’ I clenched the shirt above my heart as I felt it pounding away at the sudden scare. 

‘’Sorry.’’ She muttered, she stared at where Sakura had gone and deduced that she was going back to my house. ‘’Why are you so lovey dovey with Sakura?’’

‘’Look, shes a nice girl. Shes been through a lot and I feel awful for being such a to her all this time.’’ I threw my hands up, frustrated at myself for being an idiot in the first place. 

‘’She beats people up.’’ Yujin crossed her arms. 

‘’Because bullies pick on her, so she has to fight back.’’

‘’Whatever, just don’t get yourself hurt.’’ She sauntered back towards our class, likely to tell Wonyoung everything that just happened. I sighed for the hundredth time today, I knew it was going to be hard convincing those two how Sakura was actually a good person. But I only had myself to blame for being a hypocrite. 

I had to think of a way for them to get along with each other though, I doubt I could abandon Sakura now. I was her only friend, her first ever friend, and not that I would want to leave her. 

Wonyoung is a total baby and admires anything badass. Sakura is badass, so that’s a check.

Yujin is a different story. She might seem playful and carefree on the outside but shes a serious joe underneath. Shes sceptical and hard to please. Completely the opposite of her girlfriend. 

The bell rung and that signalled the end of lunch and my stomach grumbled in protest since I spent most of that time explaining what happened yesterday. Oh well, I’ll just eat it later. 

Sitting in class was hard. Sakura had returned dressed in jeans and one of my spare school shirts, the top two buttons undone, and her tie loosely hung underneath her collar. She looked… y…. And she knew it. The whole class was staring at her, the girl that usually hid her body underneath that same stupid pink sports jacket was suddenly flaunting it like there was no tomorrow. 

The teacher of course tried to get her removed from class but when they saw how Sakura was paying attention and writing notes for once, they quickly changed their minds and dismissed Sakura’s informal uniform. 

Strange. Sakura doing school work? That was insane. 

‘’Shes been looking over her shoulder at you with those gooey eyes for the past hour. Shes fallen for you.’’ Yujin whispered with a deadpan voice. 

I shoved her shoulder with my own and almost yelped because I fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter