1/2

Misunderstood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was freezing when I arrived at class, everyone begged the teachers to keep their scarfs on because the school heating was still being fixed but unlucky me had to share the insane lengthy scarf Yujin had brought in.

‘’Isn’t this cosy? We’re like twins!’’ She beamed and tapped on the desk, she started doing that ever since she joined music club and played drums. It drove me crazy.

‘’You wish, you only did this so you could copy off me.’’ I bounced my legs up and down, hoping that the motion would keep me warm, but it was to no avail. ‘’Stupid school, stupid heating.’’ I huffed.

‘’You and I could’ve been the power couple, you, the most beautiful girl in town and me, the most talented girl to ever walk this Earth.’’ She smirked and knocked our heads together playfully. ‘’But Wonyoungie stole my heart, so don’t even tell her I let you share my scarf, or she’ll kill me.’’

I rolled my eyes and sighed, if she didn’t want to get threatened by her own girlfriend, then she should just learn to stop flirting with everyone. Then again, this was Yujin and everything that came out of was cringy and romantic.

Class started and even the teacher had chattering teeth as he tried to explain history, pretty much all of us zoned out and looked out the window at the foggy track field. There were a class of guys warming up and another class in the distance already running. The school split males and females, so we ‘wouldn’t get distracted’, little did they know that most of us girls had other ways of distracting ourselves.

Beside me, I could hear faint tapping. Most likely Yujin texting Wonyoung cringy things, like, ‘I love you’ or ‘can’t wait to see you’. I envied them. I wish I had someone to text in the middle of class and risk being caught. But my life was far from interesting, in fact, I was known as the least-interesting girl in the class because of how secluded I was. Yujin and Wonyoung had been my only friends since forever. I didn’t see the point in making more friends, but it wasn’t like I was mean to anyone, I just didn’t go out of my way to talk.

The sliding door slammed open and everyone turned their attention to the late arrival. Low and behold, Miyawaki Sakura in all her glory. She was dressed like she normally did, in her pink track suit. She refused to wear normal school uniform since it ‘restricted her movement’ and she also dyed her hair grey even though rules said that brown was the furthest we could go. As usual, she was covered in cuts and bruises, there was even blood dripping down from the cut above her eyebrow.

‘’Miss Miyawaki, please take yourself to the nurse’s office and get yourself patched up. We’ll talk in detention.’’ Even the teacher was so used to it, he didn’t even bother asking why she was hurt. Everyone assumed the same thing. She was out causing trouble again and most likely deserved it all.

She scoffed and walked past him, sitting down in her normal seat. She glared at people who stared too long. ‘’Whatever.’’

People rolled their eyes and carried on with class. I snuck glances at the girl, she was trying to stop the bleeding with some paper from her notebook. Obviously, it didn’t work, and her seat mate offered her a handkerchief and Sakura took it with a small smile.

Another thing I didn’t get. She had a massive following, people had crushes on her. Probably because of her bad girl gig, that and shes insanely beautiful.

I felt a nudge on my side and Yujin grinned, ‘’Who do you think she beat up this time? I think it’s a famous gang, shes probably a leader of a gang.’’

I smacked her and loosened the scarf that was borderline strangling me. ‘’Yujin, don’t be ridiculous. Plus, I don’t care. You should concentrate on your studies instead of fantasizing about her.’’ I poked her shoulder hard.

She rubbed the sore spot and pouted but faced the front of the class, leaving me alone with strange thoughts clouding my head. My eyes travel over to Sakura again and I caught her staring at me. We had an awkward moment where we didn’t look away until the teacher announced that it was lunch time.

‘’I can’t walk with you today, Wonyoung wants to go to the cinema before her parents get home.’’ Yujin said, waving her phone in her hand as if to tell me she just found out.

‘’Thats cool, I don’t mind.’’ I smiled. I was happy that they were so good to each other, ever since they started dating, they’ve been on cloud nine ever since. I’ve rarely got to witness a fight, and they weren’t really fighting, it was more or less Yujin being too much to handle and Wonyoung snaps.

………….

The rest of the day was uneventful, there was a food fight in the cafeteria and some girl thought it would be funny to slid down a flight of stairs one a piece of cardboard and ended up with a broken knee. But that was just normal around here. Thankfully, I wasn’t sitting in the middle of the food fight. I had been hearing things about it the past week and strategically sat myself in the corner, took a while to convince the two love birds to follow.

Yujin left class with a face-splitting grin on her face, almost skipping towards Wonyoung’s class to go pick her up. I took my time packing my things away, wistfully staring out the window at the sports clubs doing their activities. Sometimes, I wish I could be that athletic, but I knew I was more suited to just chill and not get myself killed out there.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw Sakura get up from her desk from where she was napping and rushed out like a mad woman on a mission. She didn’t even put away her books and left her chair untucked. That irked me to no ends, so I put everything away for her under her desk and fixed her chair.

‘Shes like a child.’ I sighed. ‘Shes probably gone to get a few more bruises.’

Walking home in the dark was the least of my worries, I always took the safest routes home and convinced Yujin to do the same since she had the habit of taking shady short cuts that weren’t short cuts. Ever since they started dating, they’ve grown up a little. Before they would follow me around like I was their mother, not that I minded but I had hoped to get some alone time.

I shivered, it was really cold, and I blame myself for not taking a coat with me this morning. So, I hugged myself, pulling my uniform blazer closer to me for more warmth. Obviously, I wanted to get home sooner so I could snuggle up in front of the tv and binge watch dramas until my parents shout at me. However, in the alley just beside my house, I heard a yelp and some people grunting. I was curious since my neighbourhood was generally quiet, so I peeked around and gasped at the sight.

A flash of grey hair and a pink tracksuit confirmed who was currently on the floor getting beaten up by a bunch of male students who were also wearing our uniform. She was hunched over, not even moving an inch even though she was getting kicked left and right.

The boys had grins on their faces as they carried on, not an ounce of guilt. One of them was even filming the whole ordeal, as if this was a stupid prank. I took a deep breath, I had enough of it. I may not care about Sakura that much, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter