UNREQUITED (one-shot)

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In your lifetime, you will fall in love with three people more than anyone else. Those are your first love, your great love, and your true love. Your first love will be someone you had a crush at first and it develops into something special or maybe your first boyfriend/girlfriend, it depends, as long as he or she is the first person who made you skip a heartbeat, butterflies in your stomach and give you sleepless night just thinking of that person. Your great love is the one who you love the most and made a huge impact in your life, you may or may not end up with him/her but he/she will always have a special place in your heart. Your true love, on the other hand, is the one you end up with and spend the rest of your life with and you're happy and satisfied with it.

 

On Kwon Ji Yong's case, Nana Komatsu is his true love. Despite their rough beginning, she has been a great friend, girlfriend, lover, wife, and mother to their son Tatsuo. Nana never expects anything from him, like loving her. She knew that when they become friends, he's in love with somebody else, and it's okay. She becomes his friend without any expectations. Ji Yong appreciates everything she did to be there for him. She's very considerate and thoughtful, always asking how is he or what can she do for him. She's been a shock absorber for him. Ji Yong realized one day that he loves Nana and he'll do his best to show her that he's sincere and will take care of her.

 

Despite having Nana in his life, there's a place in his heart for a particular woman. His first and great love.

 

Ji Yong was sitting in one of the bar stools in the bar counter, looking at a beautiful woman sitting in a table set up on the corner of the party hall. She's alone and watching the people on the dance floor. It's been three years since he last saw her. Years of being in love with her and she won't have a clue. How can't he let go of her, if she's the most amazing woman he ever knows?

 

After his discharge in the military, Ji Yong went on the intense general check-up. Because of his ankle problem, the doctor suggested that he needs to rest it for 8 months to one year. It was frustrating for him since people expected him to return to the music and fashion scene but after his family, friends and the people he trust assures him that he'll be fine, he agrees to one year rest. He decided to be a music producer since he can work at home and it doesn't require much walking. He produced an album for Tae Yang, T.O.P and Dae Sung. And then, she came. It's been a while since he last saw her. If he was right, he last saw her on Tae Yang and Min Hyo Rin's wedding.

 

It was just an unexpected meet up since they have common friends but he suddenly feels challenged when she opens up of her wish to have a solo album. Ji Yong likes the idea so he offers her that he will make songs for her and produce it. She hasn't expected anything from it but the idea of having her album makes her happy.

 

And they start working on it. Ji Yong even asks her to write her songs and he will check if they can create a song out of it. There are times that he gets mad at her when she makes mistakes but he can see how much she wanted this album. Ji Yong admires how hard she works, and it made him like her more. One day, they completed it. Ten songs for her 1st solo album. She was so happy that she hugs and kisses his cheek. She's so grateful to Ji Yong. Ji Yong is happy for her too. Making her dreams come true is like a life goal for him. Seeing how overwhelmed she makes him satisfied with the hard work they did. With the help of her other friends, the promotion of her album started. The media and fans didn't expect that she was able to have a solo album, but she did it.

 

She made into the music shows and won many 1st place ranks. She always mentions and thank him when she gives her speech after receiving the first place trophy. One night, after watching the last full show in a movie theatre with her, he realized that he likes her. Yes, he likes her before but his feelings now are more than he felt before. But he didn't know how to do with his feelings. They are good friends and he doesn't want to ruin it. But he has to try. After a few days, he asked her out a lot. She agreed. He even plans road trip dates with her which made her feel normal despite her busy schedules. He likes it when her eyes light up when he brought her to places that she nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter