Two

Chaotic

     Jungeun wanted to rip her hairs off in annoyance, she had been waiting for an hour now and the blonde was no where to be seen. She had already direct messaged her in hopes of getting something, anything, but to no avail.
 
   Jungeun rolled her eyes, she's probably causing trouble somewhere. She thought to herself, groaning. Why did she even agree to this? Jinsoul was trouble, and it was obvious that she couldn't care less about her performance in school. Why did she bother? What was she even thinking?

  The brunette sighed, standing up and beginning to pack the notes and textbooks she had pulled out. 
 
   

 

*

Soo 🍎: yo how's it going

Jindoll 💙: omg

Jindoll 💙: i'm not even there yet

Soo 🍎: wHAT

Jindoll 💙: I might've fallen into a pond while skipping to where we're supposed to meet

Jindoll 💙: I had to clean up and change everything

Jindoll 💙: even my hair was ruined

Soo 🍎: omg you


    Jinsoul rolled her eyes, sliding her phone into her pockets. 

    After running back home looking like a swamp monster, with people giving her weird looks (some even had the audacity to laugh in her face), she finally made it home, sighing in relief as no one was home. She was thankful her same aged sister, Chaeyeon, wasn't there or else she wouldn't let her forget about it. After cleaning up and changing in warmer clothes (she actually wore a nice faux leather jacket this time), spraying some of Chaeyeon's expensive perfume on her way out, she made a run for it once again. Only this time she payed more attention to where she was going and pushed thoughts of her long time crush to the back of her mind. Jinsoul hoped the girl was still waiting for her.

  
  
   

*


    "Oh my god..." Sooyoung groaned. Jiwoo looked up from her own phone, head tilted to the side in question. 

     They were at a café, different from the one their best friends went to (Jiwoo's idea), sat comfortably in a booth far away from all distractions. They didn't really do much studying as both were more focused on each other rather than the tasks at hand, so they decided to take a small break to, hopefully, regain focus.

    "That didn't even show up to her tutoring session yet."

   "Jinsoul? What happened?"

   "Apparently, she fell into a pond and had to run back home to change."

  "Oh god..." Jiwoo facepalmed. Knowing Jungeun, she was probably fuming right now, thinking her life decisions over and cussing out whoever dared glance at her (if she was still there, that is). 

 

 

 

*


       The door to the shop burst open, startling the customers. Jungeun looked up from where she was packing her belongings only to find Jinsoul, out of breath and panting heavily, long blonde locks messed up from running.

   The blonde didn't waste any time and ran up to her partner, bowing. "Kim Jungeun-ssi! I'm so sorry for being this late! Thank you for waiting for me..." 

   Jungeun's eyes widened, Jinsoul really was causing a scene right there and bringing unnecessary attention to herself. She quickly snapped out of her frozen state, taking a hold of Jinsoul's shoulder and pulling her up. "It's okay! Oh my god just... Stop." She hissed.

   A few moments later, the girls had laid their English related materials in the table and were just about to start until Jinsoul spoke up again.

   "I'm so sorry... I promise it won't happen again. I just-" 

   "It's okay let's just get this over with." Jungeun deadpanned, looking annoyed to no end. 

  Ouch.

  

 

 

*

    The atmosphere was awkward, but the girls still managed to work it out. Jinsoul was focused on the topic at hand, occasionally getting distracted by Jungeun's honey like voice but quickly snapping out of it before the girl could notice. She knew Jungeun was smart but not only because of her grades... She just looked smart and it was one of the many reasons Jinsoul admired her for. Her technique in simplifying the concept to the easiest and simplest way possible so Jinsoul could understand was effective, as the latter found herself actually understanding lots of things. And her English was just perfect it made Jinsoul wonder if her partner was actually English, or used to at least live in an English speaking country.

   Jungeun would also give Jinsoul a few quizzes and trick questions here and there, which Jinsoul struggled to answer at first (Jungeun would immediately step in to help, not showing any signs of annoyance and it made the blonde's heart flutter) but slowly developed a way of answering correctly. Hearing praises from her crush was her biggest motivation at the moment, even if they were simple and emotionless

    

 

    She was almost there, but there was this particular question that Jinsoul couldn't answer for her life. No matter how much she tried to get the gears in her brain to work, she just couldn't and for a brief moment she remembered Ms. Oh's words and regretted banging her head against the table, it must've did some serious damage to her braincells. This wasn't maths, this was simpler and Jinsoul can just use her translator or just straight up ask her partner for help, but judging from the silence from the girl's side, she guessed she wanted her to get it on her own. 'Come on brain, let's not disappoint Jungeun. Come on... Come on! Think!' 

   Jungeun on the other hand, found herself lost in the blonde's features. Jinsoul's features were soft but sharp at some areas. Her (almost) almond shaped eyes, warm brown orbs, focused on the task in hand. Her brows furrowed, and right between them was a small scar barely noticeable, seemingly covered with make up. Her full lips pouting adorably, tongue sticking out slightly. Her jawline looked so sharp it looked so... Attractive. Her long blonde locks looked so soft. Jinsoul was pretty-


   Wait what?

    Jungeun's eyes widened, taken aback by her own thoughts. Where was all that coming from? Did she seriously just doze off admiring- no staring! Just staring! At the girl she couldn't even stand being around? 

  
   Jinsoul was not pretty! And her stupid brown eyes that were staring right into hers were not

   Wait.
   
 
   "U-um Jungeun-ssi... is it right?" The taller girl looked flustered for some reason, cheeks and ears beet red. 

  Jungeun cleared . "Is what right?"

  "I-i answered this and you didn't say anything so I thought that maybe-"

   "I just didn't hear you. Try to raise your voice a little."

 

 

 

    "Okay let's wrap it up here." Jungeun said suddenly, already getting up from her seat.

   "Oh uh... Okay!" Jinsoul, taken aback from the brunette's sudden outburst, said. "Thank you, Jungeun!" She exclaimed, beaming at the shorter girl who only nodded in answer, sprinting out of the shop before the blonde could add anything else.

    Jinsoul felt a little disappointed but shrugged it off.

     As jinsoul stuffed the last textbook on her bag, she noticed a small red notebook laying on the floor. "Oh i must've forgotten this". She picked it up, ready to stuff it with the rest, but as she took a closer look she realized that it wasn't hers. It was velvet red, with a small owl sticker in the corner and " Kim Jungeun" engraved there with a pretty hand writing Jinsoul recognized as Jungeun's.

   The blonde quickly sprinted out of the shop and looked around for the owner, but she was already out of sight.

   "I guess I'll just return it tomorrow..."

    The sound of thunder startled Jinsoul, and right as she looked up, a rain droplet landed on her left eye. She sighed, stuffing the small notebook into her pocket and making her way home before the rain became too much.

   
   

 

 

 

*
    
Jiwooming 💕:  You home yet?

Jungie 💖:   Yes

Jiwooming 💕:   Good cuz I'm coming over

 

    "... Can you believe that?! Ha Sooyoung just asked for my number! Is this even real life??" Jiwoo made a show of slamming her hand on her chest, falling backwards landing right in Jungeun's arms.

   "That's good. Be careful though," The brunette who was previously sat crossed legged on her bed, with Jiwoo now on her lap, warned. The fact that Sooyoung was obviously Jinsoul's best friend and probably her partner in crime (she was the real criminal right there but Jungeun didn't know that just yet). She didn't want her best friend to end up hurt.
 
   "Don't worry, Jungie. I know how to protect myself," she reassured. Jiwoo jumped all of a sudden seemingly remembering something, making Jungeun jump in surprise. "Wait how was your date with miss stinky?" 

   Jungeun cocked a brow. "It was not a date, Jiwoo. And what's with miss stinky?"

   "Sooyoung told me that her friend fell into a pond and had to go all the way back home to change!" 

   Oh.

   That explained why the girl was a extremely late. 

    Jungeun frowned. She really thought the Jinsoul was messing around while she was actually in trouble. 

    Jungeun did feel bad for Jinsoul, but she would never admit it.