One

Chaotic

     Kim Jungeun aka school's big brain and genius. Jungeun wouldn't call herself such big name, as her good (excellent) grades came from having nothing better to do. She didn't like parties, she didn't have many friends to hang out with, and she didn't even like going out in the first place. She wasn't addicted to her phone like most teens nowadays either, only using it to occasionally text her friends. 
   

    Everyday, she would walk to class with her best friend, arms linked as the girl talked her ears off about the randomest stuff (mostly about girls and how gay she was for, like, every girl she sets her eyes on).


    Today was no exception. Jiwoo was talking her ears off about how perfect her new crush...Soyeon? Susan? Jungeun really was terrible as remembering names. This girl sounded familiar but she just couldn't remember who exactly. And what her name actually was. 

     As they neared the class's entrance, they jumped in surprise as Ms. Oh, (their loud, goofy, but still very scary when she's serious, english teacher) appeared out of nowhere in front of the door, blocking the entrance.

   "Good morning to my favorite girls," their teacher said with an exaggerated British accent, beaming excitedly at the couple. Jiwoo and Jungeun shared a knowing look. This can't be good. 

    In an instant, the friendly smile was replaced with a serious expression, and the teacher didn't waste any time and got straight to the point. "Listen up kids, while you both are the top students in English, there are a couple students who are failing miserably at it. It would be really great for you if you help them raise their grades up a bit." 

    Jungeun was okay with it, she had nothing better to do anyway, while Jiwoo on the other hand started sweating nervously. Right. The girl was somehow always somewhere. And always with someone, a different person each time, yet she still maintained decent grades. (Excellent in English, something to do with also having a crush on Ms. Oh. Just how many crushes did this girl have?!) 

    "Are you girls in?" Ms. Oh asked, getting a nod from Jungeun, followed by a small "okay" from Jiwoo. "Great! I'll inform you about it more after class. Thank you, you both are lifesavers!" Ms. Oh beamed at them again, and the girls (Jiwoo) giggled in return.

    

   
   "Who do you think our partners are?" Jiwoo whispered.

   "I have no idea." Jungeun replied. Now that she thinks about it, there were people performing poorly in English, but who was failing? She had no idea.

   "Ugh if I wasn't so whipped for Seunghee-"
  
    Jiwoo was indeed whipped for their teacher. But then again, most students were (with the exception of Jungeun). She was attractive, smart, funny and she cared about her students. She wasn't that old as she had graduated earlier than she was supposed to (intellectual things) there were even rumours going around that she was dating one of her students and the shool's heartthrob, Elkie, but Jungeun still found it kinda weird. 

   "Gross. And when did you start referring to her by her first-"


   Jungeun's words were interrupted by a loud cackle followed by a bang, and everyone froze.


    Everyone knew better than to interrupt Ms. Oh. No matter how playful and friendly she was with her students, she was very scary when someone interrupts her talking. She was also a savage who had no fear in calling people out and roasting the out of them. Her remarks were rather harsh.

    The short haired teacher dropped her maker, shut her eyes tightly and [breathing intensifies]. Everyone turned their heads slowly, wondering who the idiots who dug their own graves were. 
  
    Jungeun rolled her eyes, hard. 

   At the very back, sat the school's "troublemaker" as Jungeun likes to describe the blonde, Jung Jinsoul, eyes wide at the realization that she messed up. Really bad.

   Of course it was her. 
 
   Whenever there was trouble, there was Jinsoul and vice versa. The girl practically lived in detention by now. It annoyed Jungeun to no end as she was unamused, she found her behavior rather disturbing. 
 
  Ms. Oh took a deep breath, speaking as calmly as she could. "Ms. Jung, Ms. Ha, detention. And i'd like to have a word with you both after class." 

   Well that could've been worse.


   "Oh and Jung? please avoid banging your head against hard surfaces again, you don't want to lose anymore nonexistent braincells do you?" 
  
  Okay nevermind.

  A few snickers could be heard here and there, which Ms. Oh quickly shut down with a single glare.

  

   "Kim Jungeun, Kim Jiwoo, Jung Jinsoul, Ha Sooyoung." Ms. Oh called as soon as the bell rang.
 
    Jungeun scoffed, why was she called over with the person she was annoyed with the most? What was this about?

  
   The girls gathered around their teacher's desk, Jinsoul looking down in embarrassment, Jiwoo shamelessly checking Sooyoung out, who sent a smirk her way making her choke on air. Jungeun waited impatiently, wanting to be somewhere else already.

   Ms. Oh adjusted her spectacles on her nose, pushing them down a bit, eyeing the four girls carefully, finishing with a glare at Jinsoul and finally speaking up. "Sooyoung, Jinsoul, meet your English tutors, Jiwoo and Jungeun!" she dropped the bomb.

   While Jiwoo looked like her dream just came true, Jungeun looked like she saw a ghost. Her eyes went wide they almost popped out of their sockets. She looked between Ms. Oh and the blonde ( who was staring back at her with a confused expression probably questioning her reaction) in disbelief.
 
    "You have three hours till your first session," Ms. Oh added.

    "Excuse me, what?!" Jungeun questioned in disbelief. She was kidding right? There's no way she's being paired up with-

     Ms. Oh wasn't. "You're excused. Now get going, I have some work to do." And she walked off. 

 

     Detention. Jinsoul hated this place, but she always ended up here somewhat. It wasn't even her intention to do so, but luck really wasn't on her side.
  
     "Is your head okay?" Sooyoung asked, a devilish smirk covering her usually expressionless face.

    The blonde huffed in annoyed. The audacity this girl has.


    "I'm sorry okay? Stop being so dramatic." Her dark haired friend said nonchalantly. 

   "Whatever."


  "Thoughts on the whole tutoring thing? I'm only in because I'm paired up with Jiwoo," Sooyoung really was ready to ditch every session and probably threaten her tutor to not snitch on her and to give her answers for their tests too, but changed her mind when Kim Jiwoo, the girl she had been secretly pining over for months turned out to be her partner. She saw it as a chance to charm her way into the girl's heart.

   Jinsoul on the other hand was feeling nervous and gloomy. Nervous because she was going to spend more time with her crush. Gloomy because her crush hates her. She didn't exactly know the reason why, but she knew from her expression that she did. She sighed. "I don't know, Jungeun didn't look too happy about being paired up with me. She probably hates my guts."

  

    

     After what's seemed like forever, detention finally ended and the blonde was set free. She only had one hour left till her first session. According to Jungeun, who private messaged her on Instagram (yeah the blonde was still disappointed she didn't get the girl's number but what could she do, really) they were going to meet up in a cafe a few blocks down from the park students usually hang out in. It wasn't far from where she lived so she had enough time to run home and prepare for their session. 


     Jinsoul figured she should change into something more comfortable but stylish, the weather outside was cloudy and a not chill but she still chose not to wear a jacket for some reason. After she was done packing her English materials in her bag, she slung it over her shoulder, and off she was. 
 
    15 minutes left. Jinsoul smiled proudly, she was going to make it right in time and if her partner was also on time- right. Her partner. Kim Jungeun. The prettiest girl Jinsoul has ever seen in her entire 19 years of living. What type of person was she? Would she cone right in time or a few minutes late? Fashionably late? Probably because-

   Before the blonde could process what's happening, she was already out of the frame. 


   Her clothes, her hair, her bag...

   Ruined.

   She screamed.
   

    Luck really was never on her side.

.

 

 

 

 

A/N: FINALLY!!! 

I'm soooo sorry about the delay. Thre past few months have been pure chaos for me lol

Next chapter will be up soon! Thanks for the support. <3