Chapter 2

The Unexpected

Irene had no other choice but to bring Yeri inside and let her sit with her and her friends. Yeri sits beside Irene as Jennie moves to sit beside Eunbi. Irene also offered her food to Yeri so that she can at least distract Yeri from suddenly calling her as her mom in front of her friends.

 

But jokes on her.

“Mom.” And there it goes. Irene just smack her forehead on the table as both Jennie and Eunbi gave her the look, questioning why on Earth is there a little girl suddenly calling her mom.

“Uhm Irene, do you mind explain to us who this little girl is and why is she calling you mom?” Jennie shots the first question to Irene.

“Are you secretly married and have a child or …?” Irene lifts her head up to stop Eunbi from asking further and let out a deep sigh.

“Jennie, that’s a no from your question and also a no for you Eunbi.” Irene glances at Yeri and she can see that Yeri is giving her that bright smile before devouring into her food again. ‘She must be hungry’. Well even though Irene doesn’t know Yeri but she still has that sympathy towards the little girl.

Irene then turn her attention to her friends in front of her.

“Okay, now listen. I’m going to explain everything. First, she suddenly knocks on my door this morning. And she called me mom all of a sudden. I thought she was lost and I told her I’m going to help her to find her mother but she wouldn’t want to move away from me. So I had to left her in front of my apartment. I know I shouldn’t leave her alone but the time was ticking and I need to rush to class. That is why I came a bit late today. There, I spilled the tea.”

Irene leans her head back after she explains everything. She’s tired. She doesn’t even know why is she facing all of these.

 

 

Yeri nudges her side which made Irene turn to look at her and Yeri once again, sends her the bright smile. Probably Yeri had the feeling that she was feeling a bit out of place. So Irene managed to smile back a little to Yeri.

Then, Jennie decided to say something.

“Why don’t we help you on this? Let’s ask this little one over her and maybe she can tell us some information so that we can help to find her mother, yes?” Irene smiles, loving how kind her friend is to her and she is truly grateful to have them around.

Irene nods and then all three of them turn to look at Yeri.

“So Yeri, can you tell us about your mom? Maybe we can help you to find her.” Eunbi was the first one to ask the question, which made Yeri turn to look at the three of them and send a glare.

“I said she is my mom!” Yeri exclaimed while pointing at Irene, clearly getting annoyed at how everyone doesn’t seem to believe her.

Irene was again, taken aback by it. But she decides to go with the flow and ask Yeri about it.

“How? How can I be your mother?” Irene softly as Yeri so that she won’t get annoyed by her and also hoping, for Yeri to answer her because she badly needs to know why is there suddenly a little girl calling her mom.

“I come from the year 2030.” Yeri casually said those like it wasn’t a big deal and that answer did shock all three of girls. A shock expression can be seen from their expression with their eyes widen.

 

 

Just as they were about to ask more questions, something outside of the window catches Yeri attention and she shouts “Dad” loudly. This made all three of the girls turn their heads to look at the source from Yeri’s scream and there, they saw Kang Seulgi was driving her car.

Unknown to them, Yeri was already on her way out from the store and heading towards Seulgi’s car, waving enthusiastically. Worrying about Yeri’s safety since there were a lot of cars, Irene bolt herself out from the store to stop Yeri from walking to Seulgi’s car, followed by Jennie and Eunbi.

“Yah! That was dangerous. Can’t you see there’s cars around? Be careful!” Irene were mad at Yeri’s careless behaviour that might have caused fatal to her.

Seulgi, saw the commotion that happened at the sideways but she couldn’t stay there longer since the traffic light has turned green.

Seeing Seulgi’s car drove away, Yeri frown and cry.

“Dad! Dad’s car already go.”

Irene went to pat Yeri’s back to calm her down though she herself, wonder why did Yeri called Seulgi as her dad. Irene decided to bring Yeri home with her as she and Yeri bid goodbye to Jennie and Eunbi after Yeri have calmed down. Irene decided she will ask Yeri about everything, how she claimed herself to be from the year 2030, calling Irene mom and suddenly reacting after seeing Seulgi. No matter how she finds all these situations weird, she still need to ask Yeri about it.

 

 

It doesn’t take long for them to arrive at Irene’s house and Irene makes sure that she will take care of Yeri until she found her mother, she supposed. Irene told Yeri to sit on the couch as she takes drinks for them. Irene went to the kitchen to take a water for herself and pour some milk for Yeri but before she goes back to the living area, she let out a deep sigh as she will start her interrogation right now before things get more twisted. At least she needs to put the puzzle pieces by pieces.

Irene offered Yeri her cup of milk and Yeri quickly gulp down all of it, clearly exhausted and thirsty after she had been crying.

Taking a deep breath, Irene tries to get Yeri attention as she holds her hand and looks at her softly.

“I need to ask you some questions, if that is okay with you.” Yeri looks at Irene with a slight pout, knowing that Irene still can’t believe her in everything she had said to the older.

Yeri nods her head before she puts down her cup on the coffee table and turn her attention fully to Irene.

“As I said, you are my mom and I come from the year 2030.” Irene only nods her head, ushering Yeri to continue talking because Irene need to listen to every details in order for her to put on the pieces for the puzzle. Even though it sounds ridiculous, but she shouldn’t interrupt Yeri while she’s talking before it turns to another chaos.

“My dad is Seulgi.” Irene widen her eyes, clearly in shock after hearing what Yeri had said. Irene wanted to open and talk, but she closes it again, guessing that Yeri still have a lot to say about.

“I came here to 2019 because I need to save your marriage. Our family. I prayed to God one night and suddenly someone came to me and she sent me here.” After that, Yeri expression becomes dull and sad. That totally caught Irene off guard and she unknowingly hugs Yeri.

“Our family is breaking and I can’t see that happening. You and dad are always in love with each other. And I don’t know what happen until that one night I heard you two fought. Please mom, don’t divorce with dad. I come here with a mission and that is to make sure you two will stay.

“But how do I believe in everything you said, Yeri-ah?” Irene finally decided to speak, but without she knows, her heart suddenly feels heavy after hearing what Yeri has said about what’s going on in the future. Of course, Irene will never have thought of getting a divorce if she ever gets married so this clearly made her feels cautious of everything.

“Your full name is Bae Joohyun and you are from Daegu. We always visit grandpa and grandma when you and dad are free on the weekends. Grandpa Jinyoung and Grandma Hyejin.” Irene got shocked and she suddenly had goose bumps after hearing that. She definitely had never mentioned about her parent’s names to anyone, only Jennie and Eunbi knows because sometimes her parents come to visit and she would invite her friends to come by.

“And dad’s name is Kang Seulgi. Dad is from Ansan. Grandpa Sewoon and Grandma Jiwon always visit us at home. You and dad both attend the same college, right?” Irene, who had been crushing Seulgi for so long knows that the ones Yeri had mentioned, is in fact Seulgi’s parents. Well, let just say Irene had Seulgi’s profile inside her diary. Well, knowing Seulgi since junior high, of course she had seen Seulgi’s biodata on their school’s book.

Irene sighs, trying to absorb all the new information that she got. Completely overwhelmed, Irene decided to walk over to her balcony to take some fresh air. This is too much for her in a day. But if everything that Yeri said was true, meaning she is going to marry Seulgi in the future. She smiles after thinking about how her crush towards Seulgi for this long, can lead them to getting married one day. But then, her expression sullen after she remembered the reason Yeri came. She’ll do her best, if what Yeri said was true. She’ll protect Yeri. She’ll make sure their future would be better.

Suddenly, Irene heard Yeri was talking to someone. When she turned around, she saw Yeri was placing her phone on her ear.

 

 

 

 

“HI DAD!”

‘You must be kidding me.’ Irene quickly rushes to Yeri.

 


 

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the delayed update. But here's the new chapter! I'm sorry if it's bad and doesn't suits your liking. Also, this fic is mainly about Seulrene but I will try my best to include the other ships. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry if the progress is slow but I wanted to try to explain everything as detailed as I can. So, that was a short update from me! See you guys again!