Chapter 1

The Unexpected

It was Irene’s usual morning that day. Waking up early and getting ready for her classes later.

She always wakes up as early as she can because she definitely wants to spend a lot of time to iron her clothes that morning. As you can tell, Irene is a morning person, definitely.

Everything was going just fine and she was about to put on her shoes with her toast bread inside when the doorbell suddenly rings and startled her. Wondering on why does she have a guest as early as this, she slowly makes her way towards the door.

 

After she opens the door, she was greeted with a bright smile from a small little girl. She tilts her head as her face clearly shows confusion.

“Hi mom! It’s me, Yeri!” The girl exclaims that made her eyes widen and she quickly squats down to get in the same level as the girl’s height before she holds her hand to comfort her.

“Hello there, kid. I don’t know where’s your mom is but I am surely not your mom. Are you lost? Do you need help to find your mom?” Irene softly speaks to the girl so that she doesn’t scare her away.

The little girl named Yeri, pouts her lips and sends Irene a glare. That surprises Irene and she was slightly taken back by it since she didn’t expect how scary this little girl is.

“I said you’re my mom! And I am not lost!” Yeri crosses her arms over her chest and sends Irene another glare.

Irene was caught off guard by it.

“But kid, look at how young I am. And there’s no other way I gave birth to you!” Irene exclaimed with her hands in the air.

“Now let me take you to your mother, okay? Besides, I need to rush to my college now. I’m getting late. Wait here.”

Irene left the girl alone for a while before she gets inside and put on her shoes, getting all her stuff before she comes out from her apartment and locks her door.

“Come on, let’s find your mother.” Irene takes her hand but Yeri push her hand away.

“I’m not going anywhere!” Yeri sits on the floor as her protest. Irene could only face palms herself as she’s getting stressed out from the situation that’s happening.

“I’m sorry kid but I’m getting late. I’m sorry I can’t help you but I need to go now. Please go home and don’t wander around.” Irene pats her head before she makes her way to the lift, clicking the ground floor button before she glances at the little girl one last time. She sighs but she needs to get to her college soon before she’s late to the class in which, she was never late to her class. She quickly gets put from her apartment compound and makes her way to the bus station near her.

 

Her mind wanders to think about the little girl again but she shrugs it off by shaking her head as she saw the bus is getting near. ‘She’s just lost. Her mother will find her soon.’ Irene talks to herself before she gets on the bus and take her seat besides the window.

 

 

 

 

After about 15 minutes, she gets off from the bus and quickly makes her way towards her college. She had to walk fast in order for her to make it on time to the class. She managed to arrive within two minutes before her class starts. She quickly takes her sit beside her best friend, Jennie. Jennie made a gesture as if asking her ‘Why are you late?’ but Irene she gave her a smile before taking out her books and pen out from her bag.

The class went on like usual and nothing extra or weird happen. Once the professor announces that it’s the end of the lecture, all of the students let out a sigh, finally finishing their first class of the day.

Irene leans back on her chair before Jennie nudges her on the arm to get her attention.

“Why did you come late?” Jennie asks while she gets her own stuff and put it inside her bag.

“I wasn’t late okay. I came on time.” Irene sighs. But her best friend knows there must be something but she refused to ask further because she knows Irene will tell her about it eventually.

 

So they both went out from the study hall, heading towards their another class. Right there and then, they pass by the famous group of people consist of Seulgi, Lisa and Chaeyeon. There were a lot of people following behind them and both Irene and Jennie could only glances at them before they walk past the famous trio.

Without they knowing, there’s two people who had secretly glance at each of them, and both of them smiles secretly after seeing the two beautiful girls that walk past them.

 

They arrived at their next class and they quickly take their seats beside their another best friend, and that is Eunbi.

“Hey Eunbi, did you come early again?” Irene asks Eunbi the question before she settles herself on the seat next to Eunbi while Jennie sits next to her. People would sometimes mistaken Irene and Eunbi as sisters as they both looks slightly alike. But it was just a mere coincidence on how they both slightly resemble each other.

“I just came in actually. My morning lecture finished a bit late so I couldn’t arrive as early as I could like before.” Eunbi grins before she starts focusing on her notes again.

The three of them aren’t that famous in their college. This is because they prefer being a lowkey instead of being surrounded by fans or any sort of crowd. Though, the visuals that they have are not just a normal one, they are really pretty and they can be the famous group as well but they choose not to. They prefer showing off their brains instead of only face. And that’s pretty admirable for pretty girls.

 

Their class was almost starting but suddenly they heard loud cheers from outside. Stepping into the class hall, was the trio. THE TRIO. All eyes were on the three of them as Seulgi was walking ahead of Lisa and Chaeyeon. Seulgi went to greet the professor also informing him that the three of them will be joining his class until the end of the semester. This was truly shocking to everyone.

One, because who would’ve thought they will be joining the psychology class all of a sudden? This class wasn’t that famous to anyone in the college because it wasn’t compulsory for everyone to take it, hence why the class wasn’t full at all. So this does put the question into everyone on why does the famous gang of the college suddenly are so interested to join this class?

The professor welcomes them with a smile before telling them to pick their own seats. Almost at the same time, Seulgi, Lisa and Chaeyeon looks at the middle and their eyes lands on a certain gang of girls. Yes, you guess that right. Seulgi is looking at Irene, Lisa is looking at Jennie and Chaeyeon is looking at Eunbi. This causes the three pretty girls to look down and blushed so hard. The trio makes their way towards the back of the class, 2 rows away from the middle part where Irene and her best friends are seated.

The class was just okay but it feels slightly weird to the other students because now, after the arrival of Seulgi and her gang, their fans keep peeking through the door in order for them to catch a glimpse of them. It truly annoys the other students but they just shrug it off, thinking maybe they should get used to this.

For Irene, she just tries to focus on the lecture and not the sounds of screaming outside of the class. She tries her best to ignore everything. Through the whole lecture, Irene feels like someone was staring at her but she just forgets the thought of that and continue writing her notes down.

 

The professor finally ends the class after almost 2 hours and he dismiss everyone. Irene was keeping her stuff inside her bag but at the corner of her eyes, she saw Seulgi was walking down the stairs with her friends. She almost thought Seulgi did glance at her but she shrugs it off, thinking that her long-time crush would never even look or even notice her.

They decided to go to the café near their campus for lunch. Arriving there, all three of them ordered their favourites including Irene.

After ordering, they find a table for them to settle down and luckily, their usual table was vacant so they head straight away towards it, which was beside the window and it allows the three of them to look at the view outside.

Irene was casually looking outside of the window until a familiar girl comes into her sight. She tries to look at the silhouette and figure of the girl before it finally strikes her. She widens her eyes and quickly looks away. It was Yeri!

The girl was looking around, looking completely lost but Irene wouldn’t want to catch her attention. She can’t let the girl say ridiculous things in front of her friends. How can that little girl claimed Irene to be her mother? That’s ridiculous! Irene tries to talk to her friends as long as she can until she finally believes that Yeri went away from there.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on the window and her friend, Jennie nudges her arm while signalling for her to look outside. Yeri was staring at her through the window with both her hands and forehead stuck on the window as she looks at Irene.

Irene screams in shock and right then and there, she knew she’s doomed.

 


Hello! So there goes the first chapter. I'm sorry if it's bad and doesn't satisfy your expectation and sorry if it is too short for a first chapter. I will try better on the next one. Also, I am not sure on the pace of the story whether to have it fast or slow, so I definitely need you guys' opinion on this. Or I should just do it on my own pace? Leave a comment below and upvote if you like the story! That will definitely boost my spirit to update. So, I hoped you guys enjoyed the first chapter. See you again soon!