crocus

run back to me with flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" This is way harder than I expected! "

 

" Told you so in the first place, not my fault. "

 

It's just early in the morning, yet the two girls were already positioned on the grass by the lake, facing each other.

 

The cat-eyed was early to start her plan on how to make Lia smile, but after just an hour diving into it, her thought that this was a not-so-difficult idea, had changed into a now really-difficult idea.

 

How Lia can get so unfazed was really uncalled for, none of her jokes worked at all!

 

" How can you not laugh at all of my jokes? That's impossible! " The girl in pigtails grunted and laid down the grass defeatedly.

 

Damn, she already ran out.

 

" I told you, jokes won't get you anywhere. You're wasting your time. "

 

She sat up from the grass, moving to sit in front of Lia and staring through her eyes to see if there's any progress. But just after mere seconds, her back once again crashed with the ground, letting out groans of dismay once again as she didn't spot any.

 

Lia witnessed the girl's action. She snorted, the taller was pouting like a child in the middle of her breakdown.

 

" Hey, It's fine. It's the first day, anyway. You still have a few more days left. Might as well just try again tomorrow. "

 

Lia stood up and brushing her bottom, ready to call it a day.

 

" No, don't go! " The girl immediately grabbed onto her wrist. Lia jumped a bit in surprise.

 

" I'm not letting one day go to waste, "

 

And with that, they started all over again. Amusingly for Lia, the cat-eyed had managed to come up with several new methods- silly methods.

 

She was making funny faces out of the sudden, telling Lia her funny yet embarrassing flashbacks when she was just a kid, and more. But still, all of them brought nothing but just short chuckles and small smiles from Lia.

 

" Don't tell me you're not done yet? " Lia asked, slightly worried at the exhausted cat-eyed lying on the grass, looking as helpless as a lost puppy.

 

" As much as I don't want to, I have to stop, for now. None of my plans right now are working. "

 

Lia chuckled lightly at the girl's antics. She approached the figure and helped her stand up.

 

" Sorry for wasting your time. I didn't know it was gonna take more than my awesome, hilarious jokes. I wasn't informed at all. " The girl in pigtails, joked.

 

Just before Lia can respond back with an equally jokingly scoff, the latter spoke again.

 

" But seriously though, sorry for wasting your time. You could've done a lot with the past two hours. "

 

The cat-eyed was looking down to her feet, playing with her fingers with her lips pursed. Lia cooed at the sight.

 

'Cute.'

 

" It's fine. I have nothing to do at home anyway, and your attempts seem to have helped time fly by faster. "

 

" Oh? That's good to hear. At least I did something. "

 

Then, the wind of silence wrapped both girls together, and Lia didn't find it comfortable at all.

 

A good twenty seconds had passed and Lia finally gave up and talked.

 

" So... " Lia faked a cough.

 

" A-About yesterday, when you gave me the... uhm... Amedone? Anego- "

 

" Anemone? " The girl cut her off, giggling.

 

" Y-Yeah... The anemone. Sorry, I'm not that good with flowers. "

 

" Don't sweat on it. " The girl then curved a smile. " So, what's it about? "

 

" N-Nothing really. I just noticed how you easily distinguished it out of many other ones. You looked like you have good knowledge with flowers. Mind telling me about it? " She asked. The taller smiled.

 

" Sure. About my thing with flowers, It's all thanks to my grandparents. " The latter explained, looking up to the blue sky and gazing at the clouds dreamily.

 

'Woah.' Lia swore with her whole heart she just saw the sharpest jawline ever in her whole entire life.

 

Lia shook her head, brushing her embarrassing thoughts away and focused back on the girl.

 

" They showed me every flower they know and explained to me how each of them were so different from each other. They did that everyday and I slowly got interested and took initiative to learn them by myself by then. " She continued and looked back down at Lia, giving her a small smile yet again.

 

" Well... Do you have a favorite flower?

 

" A favorite flower? Hmm... " The latter gave it some thought but shrugged.

 

" I don't really have one. I find them all amazing... but, " Lia raised her eyebrow, tilting her head.

 

" I would love to see a crocus flower, " The taller smiled.

 

Lia raised an eyebrow. " Isn't there any in this village? "

 

"Well, unfortunately, crocus flowers aren't native here in Korea. I only heard the legend about it from a childhood friend and got curious. "

 

" Can you tell me about it? " Lia asked, which the girl responded with a glad nod.

 

They both sat down, sitting beside each other and peacefully watched the lake as it glistens.

 

The girl cleared , Lia took it as her cue and gave all of her attention to the brunette.

 

" According to the legend, Crocus was noble, kind, thoughtful and spirit-filled. Crocus was nearly perfect, all Crocus was lacking at was love. Then one day, Crocus saw the beautiful nymph Smilax and fell deeply for her. Smilax lacked happiness, but Crocus was there for her every time. Smilax then slowly fell in love with Crocus. They both declared their uncond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter