anemone

run back to me with flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Julia, wake up. We're here. "

 

The fifteen-year-old Lia was shook awake by her mother. She groaned, rubbing her eyelids to recover from her clouded vision.

 

She sat up from her seat and pressed a button to roll down the window's heavily tinted windshield.

 

The sudden appearance of light made her eyes squint, but as she adjusted, her eyes slowly widen.

 

In front of her, just a road away, was an average-sized wooden detached house. It had grass-covered grounds and flowers lining up with the fences. It was one of those typical village houses, though Lia admits that seeing one in person is quite the new sight.

 

" Mom- " Lia didn't let herself finish when she saw an elderly woman coming out from the door. Her mother noticed and leaned in to look.

 

" Oh, your grandmother is already there. We should go. " Lia nodded and got out of the car after her mother.

 

The driver, who is also one of their bodyguards, took out Lia's luggage out of the car's trunk.

 

" You're all set, Miss Julia. " 

 

" Please be good to your grandmother while I'm gone, Julia. " The woman in her suit said, grasping onto her daughter's hand and squeezing it.

 

Lia wasn't paying attention, she was busy plainly staring at her grandmother, who was waiting across the road with a huge smile on her face.

 

" Julia, " Lia reverted her focus back to her mom.

 

" Honey, promise me you'll be at your best behavior? "

 

" I will. "

 

" Take care of yourself? "

 

" Of course, mom. I will. "

 

The woman then spared one last smile, satisfied with the sincerity she heard in her daughter's voice.

 

" Well then, I'm afraid I have to go. I'll miss you. I'll be back after three months. "

 

Just when her mother is about to stand back up and enter the car, Lia called her out.

 

" Mom! "

 

" Yes? "

 

Lia hesitantly looked down, her fingers fidgeting and her right toe poking the ground continuously.

 

" D-Do you really have to go..? A-Again? Do you have to be gone for three months? "

 

The woman was at loss of words, but soon enough, she let out a sigh. She walked back to her daughter, caressing her cheek.

 

" Julia, we already talked about this, haven't we? "

 

Lia frowned, looking back down at her feet as tears started to form in her eyes.

 

" Mommy will be back for you, I promise. It's a business trip for our new launching project and my presence as the CEO is necessary. " The woman explained. " Wait for me, okay? "

 

Lia only nodded back.

 

" Julia, please look at me? "

 

Her mother pinned her chin, attempting to push her chin up to face her but Lia noticed and backed away. She grabbed her luggage and bowed at her mom.

 

" I'll get going, I shouldn't keep grandmother waiting. Have a safe flight, mom. "

 

She didn't waste time and crossed the road, not even bothering to see if there were cars. She wiped her tears and greeted her grandmother with a small smile.

 

" Oh, you must be my little Julia! Oh my, you're such a beautiful young lady! " The elderly woman exclaimed.

 

" Hello, grandmother. It's nice to finally see you. Please take care of me. "

 

" Oh, I sure will! Now, now, follow me, I'll show you your room. "

 

Lia turned her head to the side, looking back. She saw her mother, eyeing her with guilt. Lia heaved a heavy sigh, taking one last sight of her mom and disappearing behind the door.

 

As they arrived inside, Lia's eyes were all over the place. Everything was made of wood and some several antiques were lying around the place.

 

It wasn't bad. She was just used to the looks of a city house.

 

Her grandmother gave her the key to her room upstairs, it was the farthest room on the right hall. It was all plain and simple, not that she was mad about it, simple is something she could get along with. Although having some colors around would be nice.

 

Her room had two windows, giving her a nice view of the house's backyard and front-yard.

 

She fished her phone out of her pocket, poking the power button.

 

No signal.

 

No internet.

 

Not even a single bar.

 

Lia groaned.

 

She then placed her phone on the nightstand and threw herself on her bed. It was a long ride and damn, she had never felt so tired before.

 

'I need to see something relaxing.' Lia thought.

 

Weird or not, Lia was that type of person. If she's tired, rather than wanting to get sleep, she'd prefer to see something that relaxes her. She'll feel somehow a little more awake by then.

 

She rose up from her bed and went downstairs, she saw her grandmother in the kitchen washing dishes.

 

" Grandmother? "

 

The woman spun around, smiling as she saw Lia.

 

" Oh, Julia! What's the matter, honey? Are you hungry? "

 

" Not at all, grandmother. I'm fine. I just wanted to ask if there's a good spot here somewhere..? Like a good view or something. "

 

" Oh? Why? "

 

" Nothing really. I just wanna see some sights I haven't seen back in the city. I'd love to keep myself busy for a while. "

 

" Well, if a good view is what you're looking for- there's one in the forest at the back of the house. Just walk straight for two minutes or so and you should arrive there. " Her grandmother said. Lia's eyebrows furrowed.

 

" Can I ask what's there to see, grandmother? "

 

" It's a surprise. I promise you, It's my favorite spot of all. I go there whenever I miss your grandfather. We used to do picnics there! " The woman said with enthusiasm in her voice, yet even a little, Lia could hear sadness. Speaking of it, she can also somehow see it in her eyes.

 

She had heard of what happened to her grandfather back in the city, it sure is heartbreaking.

 

" I'm sure he misses you too, grandma. " Lia muttered, smiling sincerely.

 

The elderly didn't answer for a while, and Lia took it as her cue.

 

" I should get going, grandmother. I promise to be back before dinner. " Lia then went out of the house, letting the woman have her time for herself.

 

She immediately went straight to the direction told by her grandmother. She entered the woods, going deeper until she sees what her grandmother was telling her about.

 

It's been a good two minutes and after going past one last tree, she saw the most beautiful scene of all.

 

" W-Wow... "

 

Beyond her, was a lake, glistening in response to the sun's light rays. There was a spacious land around it, filled with tiny buds and flowers.

 

'This is incredible...' Lia thought.

 

Her eyes wandered around, trying to take it all in. She marched closer to the lake, ducking down to see her own reflection.

 

As expected, she looked as dull as ever, that she can't deny.

 

" Oh well, " She muttered to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter