My cupid dog

My cupid dog

Mark loves his dog, unconditionally. Like him, Milo likes to laze around in the house. He's the sweetest dog Mark ever knew, always listening to him.

But today? For some reasons Milo had been excited all throughout his morning walk in the park, pulling non stop on the leash. Mark was about to reprimand him, once again, when suddenly Milo pulled with so much force that the leash slipped out of Mark's grip. Resulting on Milo running away from him.

Cursing, Mark went after him. As if he wasn't tired enough, now he even has to run after his beloved dog. Thankfully the puppy slowed down soon enough, so Mark stopped, hands both of his legs to catch his breath. His thoughts of how he had to start exercising again got interrupted when he heard a low chuckle, followed by a melodious voice.

- "Hello there buddy. What are you doing here?" The voice said, answered by a bark.

Raising his head, Mark first saw his dog, 2 paws on the stranger's legs, scratching them. Then his eyes layed on the stranger's face. Damn, how could a man looks so good. A prince? Wait.. is he even human to begin with?

- "What do you want? I have nothing for you ... Oh wait! I do! You want this?" He took out from his pocket a bag of what seemed like dog treats, making Milo bark again. A smile took place on his lips. Oh boy. What a smile.

- "Hey Milo! Get down you can't do that!" That's when Mark decided to step in. Scratching a stranger legs was one thing but asking for treats is a no no.

Milo did stop, but he still stood in front of him, pleading eyes never leaving the bag. Hearing the voice, the stranger lifted up his head, his smile bigger.

- "Hi! Are you this cutie's owner?"

- "Ah ... Yes... I'm sorry he jumped on you like that" Mark took a few steps, getting nearer to the man and his dog.

- "It's ok don't worry. Usually dogs hate me, it's nice to finally meet one that won't try to bite me. Though he is more interested by the treats than me." He answered, chuckling again. "Do you mind if I give him one? It was supposed to be for my friend's dog but he won't know if I take one" Did he just winked? "And look at his eyes! I can't refuse it."

Indeed, Milo was doing his cute puppy eyes that nobody can refuse anything to. Mark being the first victim. Mark nod which seemed to make the other boy happy. He then kneeled down, his nose cutely scrunching while he was thinking.

- "Okay... Then let's see if you know any tricks... Huum... Oh I know. Sit." Milo sat. "Good boy! Now... Gimme your paw! Ooooh the other one?" Milo did as the stranger said. "Last one... Turn!" Once again Milo obeyed. The stranger happier than ever. "Aren't you a clever one! Here's your treat!"

Milo happily accepted the treat and started to eat it.
Still kneeling, the stranger looked at Mark and asked, again smiling.

- "Can I ask you this cutie's name?"

- "It's Milo..." The boy's smile was doing strange things to Mark

- "Milo... Hello Milo!" He then scratched Milo's ears earning a happy bark from the dog. "And how old is he?"

- "Eight, soon nine months"

- "Hoho so you're still a baby! Here's another treat because you're cute!" Of course Milo didn't refused it.

The stranger picked up the leash before getting up and walking up to Mark. Giving him the leash back. Mark felt a spark when their fingers slightly touched.

- "... Thank you ... I'm sorry he jumped on you..."

- "It's ok really don't worry! I hope you don't mind I gave him some treats" Again, that smile rivaling the sun. Mark felt it, he was definitely blushing now.

- "Ah no ... Please don't be... I'm sure Milo is more than happy by it! ..."

A small silence followed. Mark didn't know what to do. Taking a glance at the stranger he quickly adverted his eyes when he saw that, he too, was looking at him. He felt his cheeks getting warmer.

- "Oh right! I still haven't introduced myself! I'm Jinyoung nice to meet you!" Sticking his hand out for a handshake. Mark took it and felt it again, that little spark. He kind of liked it. This and the feeling of Jinyoung's hand holding his. How weird.

- "I'm Mark nice to meet you too." Mark tried to smile, seing how Jinyoung pleasantly reacted, seems like he nailed it.

- "Are you going somewhere now?"

- "Yeah... The dog park over there."

- "Oh really? I'm supposed to go there too once I fetch my friend, the one the treats are for. Let's just go together instead!"

- "Eh? But your friend?" It's not that Mark wasn't happy about being able to spend more time with Jinyoung but...

- "Don't worry I'll just text him and say to directly meet at the dog park. Let's go?" Saying it like that and with that smile, Mark could only agree.

So they started to walk. Milo happily walking between them, no longer pulling like a crazy. This one really.
Jinyoung was again the one attempting a conversation. And unlike the first exchange, now it felt more natural. Mark really enjoyed it.

They talked about anything and everything. Both are student, Jinyoung majoring in literature and Mark in computer. To Jinyoung shock Mark is the older one by a year. And it seems like Jinyoung often come to this dog park? So how come he never saw him before? He certainly would've noticed him right? Especially with those features.

Once arrived, Mark thought Jinyoung would leave to go find his friend, but no. Jinyoung stayed and they played for a while with Milo. Mark doesn't even remember the last time he had that much fun with someone. (Please don't say it to his best friend Jackson, it would make him sulk for weeks so shhhh, secret (๑•᎑<๑))

But the fun came to a stop too soon. Jinyoung's phone rang, apparently his friend was already here.

- "I'm sorry Mark I'm gonna have to go find my friend now..." Why was he pouting? So dangerous.

- "It's ok really! I had a lot of fun thank you" Mark smiled to hide his disappointment.

- "Yeah same here" The pout made place to a gentle smile. "Say Mark..."

- "Hm?"

- "Can we exchange numbers? So I can play with Milo again." Oh... He just want to see Milo again. Mark felt a little sad thinking that. "And see you of course...." said Jinyoung smiling shyly. It was kind of cute. "Just us two... If you'd like it."

- "Yes I'd like it. A lot." No more sadness. Mark was smiling ear to ear. Seeing Jinyoung again. Yeah he really like that idea.

So they exchanged their numbers. Both looking happy and sporting bright pink cheeks. But their moment got ruined again by Jinyoung's phone ringing.

- "I'm sorry Mark I really have to go or my friend will kill me." He took Mark's free hand. "But I'll message you as soon as I can I promise!"

- "I'm looking forward to it then!" He really was.

Both smiled at each other. Jinyoung taking a few steps back before letting Mark's hand go to wave at him.

- "See you soon Mark." Then he left.

Mark wave back and watched him walk away before turning back and making his way home.

No he didn't spend the rest of the afternoon near his phone, in case he would get a message from a certain boy he's looking forward to see again soon.
And maybe he did gave Milo some more treats to thank him for what he did today.

------------ (๑•᎑<๑) ----------

After leaving Mark, Jinyoung went to find his friend. Smiling so much his cheeks hurts. His hands itching to take his phone and message the boy he just left. He was really pondering on doing it or not when a loud voice called him.

- "Jinyoung hyung!!!" said boy was excitedly waving at him.

A white ball of fluff munching on a wood stick at his feet. Soon enough he was at his side. Greeting his friend and the cute dog who of course ignored him.

- "Was the guy I just saw you with the reason why you wanted me to come by myself?" Youngjae said elbowing Jinyoung while looking at him teasingly. Making Jinyoung blush slightly.

- "Yeah ... I met him on my way to your house."

- "Eeeh. He's cute."

- "Back off! He's mine!!" Yes only his.

 

__________________  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ _______________

Thank you for reading until the end !!
I hope you liked it even just a little (∩˃ ᵕ ˂∩)♡
See you next time (。>ω<。)