Raging Tides

Destiny's Endgame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Seulgi's POV]

After the flight, Byulyiand I drove to the K-Corp building, with me driving of course. I don't trust a coffee-deprived Byulyi who's been flying for hours. Lee was already in the lobby, waiting for us with some coffee and pastries. 

"Long flight? You guys look like ." Lee comments on both of us. Byulyi groans. "We had to make a couple of stops to buy some of Seulgi's toys, which extended travel time considerably." I smile sheepishly, "I promise I'll treat you to whatever you want, Byul." She sips the coffee and chuckles, "Oh, you better. I didn't become friends with you just for your personality, you know." 

"And if you're wondering where Fany is, she's staying with Joohyun currently. Nothing suspicious has happened so far." Lee adds. He hands me a flash drive. "Here's all the info we gathered. Some of it is pretty disturbing." I nod, "Thanks. I'll have you manage my affairs for a while, just until we eliminate this problem." He gives me a thumbs-up, "You got this, Seul. I'll keep you updated." He enters one of the elevators, going up to my office.

We get inside the elevator and I enter a code into the panel. The elevator beeps in recognition and starts to travel down. "I thought we're going up?" Byulyi asks. I shake my head. "Too risky. We're going down, where I'm sure other ears aren't listening in."

We travel a few hundred meters below ground, towards an emergency bunker. Shortly after Isabella was born, I discovered a natural cave system right under company soil. Over a couple of years, I had it developed into a state-of-the-art war room.

"Are the others already there?" I ask Lee. He nods, "They all arrived fifteen minutes before the supposed meeting time, just like you said." Byulyi laughs, "Of course, they would. It's them we're talking about."

The elevators opened and seven heads turned to us all at once. "Good to see you've made yourselves at home, especially you," I comment as I catch Elizabeth raiding the fridge. She puts back a box of banana milk and grins. 

"Hey there, cap." The brunette salutes. Aliya closed a book she was reading. "Honestly, we all thought you died, seeing as you were never late before." I sigh, "Well, we're alive. We just had to make a few stops." 

"She with the Hellhounds now?" Ivankov stands as he sizes up Byulyi. Glenn signs something to his brother, then cracks his knuckles. "Hell no, I'm not, pun intended," Byulyi replies, showing her 4 of diamonds tattoo. "I'm M4 all the way. Semper fi or die, baby."

Byulyi started training in Lupa's way before I did, and was already in a group called M4. My seniors, if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter