Finale

Aiding the Beautiful You (SaTzu)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: "This is for speaking English"

P.S. I'm adding a new character to create a mess ☺ don't worry it won't hurt. 😗

⛓⛓⛓

"Open your eyes slowly, "

Sana slowly opened her eyes after the doctor removed the gauze pads that was covering her it.

The moment she opened it, the light blinded her eyes making her squint it back.

"That's okay, it's normal." He said.

Sana opened her eyes back again 'til the white light turns into a scenery of a doctor's room. Her eyes began to well up.

The doctor quickly examined her eyes before her tears started to fall. He then patted her head. "Congratulations, " he smiled before walking back to another man waiting by the table with tears in his eyes. She assumed it must be her uncle. "She can get back to her normal activities after a week or two, for now, she needs to wear safety glasses to prevent any damage to her eyes while recovering. Her eyes are currently vulnerable since it's still adjusting to its new owner."

Sana didn't bother listening to the two adults anymore and hurriedly checked herself by the hand mirror that was given to her in advance. She wiped her tears before facing herself in the mirror.

She took a deep breath and faced the reflective object, she was surprised by her own looks, she patted her face, pinched her nose, checks her hair, and lastly stared at her eyes. It had dark brown orbs and deep inside her, she thought it's Tzuyu's.

"Tzuyu-ah, if this is yours, I'll take care of it. Thank you so much." She smiled bitterly as tears started falling again.

⛓⛓⛓

Two months have passed by and Sana decided to stay in Canada for a bit longer before going back to Korea, but right now she chose to travel to New York for a time of herself. Her uncle didn't mind and even supported her and told her that he'll just wait for her in Korea.

Three in the afternoon, Sana was walking down the busy streets of the NewYork time square as she took pictures around.

Grrr

She blushed and hoped no one heard the growl of her stomach. She looked around looking for something to eat and immediately bought a takeout burger and fries.

Sana continued her journey walking down the streets hoping to find some park where she can eat her purchased goods. When she turned to the corner she reached Central Park.

Fiding a good bench to sit, she looked for a vacant seat underneath a big oak tree. When she found one, she immediately took a seat and start to dig in.

"New York is big, " she mumbled as she munched on her burger. Not long after, a tall girl in a black leather jacket with a black beanie and wore tattered denim short on black ankle leather boots, approached her.

"If you don't mind, can I take a seat here?" The girl asked. Sana nodded and scooted to the left to give more space, she then offered her bag of fries.

"Do you want some?"

The girl looked at the fries with an uninterested face before shaking her head, "no, thank you."

Sana then continued her business as the latter did so as well.

Minutes later, Sana finished eating and threw the trash in the bin beside the bench.

"Aish- my fingers are oily!" She mumbled with a pout. "And I didn't bring any tissue."

"Here. You need a tissue, right? So, here." The girl offered a pack of small pocket tissues.

"What? Ah! No!" She stammered.

Sana wasn't really good at socializing, not like she was good at it even before she was blind.

"Take it. You need it more than I do." She gave a small smile. Sana hesitated before accepting it with a bow.

"Thank you so much! I'll pay you back!"

The girl chuckled, "no need. That's just fifty cents. It's not worth a million."

Sana bowed again and took back her seat. She then started wiping her hands clean.

"Thank you for this again, " she smiled.

The girl only nodded without even leaving her eyes on her phone. Sana started staring at the latter who is engrossed to her phone.

'She's really pretty...'

Tzuyu then suddenly came onto her mind making her look away. Her heart stung again. Sighed.

'I don't even know how Tzuyu-ah looked like...' she raised the scarf over her nose and looked at her hands, 'as to how I felt her face, she seemed pretty to me. She had a good facial structure, her nose was pointed with a cute bump between the nostrils, smooth skin, long eyelashes, and healthy long thick hair.' She sighed once more.

"Sorry, but I did not mean to be nosy, do you have a problem perhaps?" The girl asked.

Sana flinched and looked at her in surprise, "huh? What?"

"I'm Riley, by the way, " she extended her hand to shake. Sana took it.

"I'm Sana..."

The girl crossed her legs and arm and looked at her with a straight face, "if you don't mind me asking, I can't help but notice you sigh, seems like you have a big problem? You can share it to me if you'd like if that'll ease up your feelings for a bit, but I'm not forcing you. It's up to you."

Sana looked down feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. She didn't notice she was sighing loudly.

"S-Sorry! I did not mean to be loud like that..." She blushed and looked down on her hands.

"It's fine. Everyone had their own share of problems, " Riley grinned. "So, what's bothering you?"

"Oh, uhm- you see I miss my friend, " Sana said. "I haven't seen her since she left. I was hoping to run into her if I came here, even though I'm not sure if she's in New York."

The girl hummed, "do you know which state? You see, America is pretty damn big and it had more than forty states."

Sana shook her head, "she actually didn't tell me anything so I don't know where to find her..."

"I'm sorry to hear that, " the latter said. "Which country are you from?"

"South Korea, " she replied.

"Ah, a Korean? Or not? Coz' y'know?"

Sana got what she meant and shook her head, "yeah, I'm a Japanese."

"Cool!" Riley grinned.

Suddenly, Riley's phone rang and immediately excused herself and walked away for privacy. Sana, on the other hand, sighed. Wishing that she'll be able to bump into Tzuyu by the streets which only had a probability of one percent. And also, to know whether it's Tzuyu, she had to feel the face of the person. Only her hands can tell.

"Hey, uhm- are you perhaps free today?" Riley asked while scratching her nape fearing to be rejected.

"Why?"

"My friend can't come to the convention center with me—I was waiting for her today so that we'll go there together but something urgent came up so she had to pass."

Sana blinked and tried to consider her offer since she got nothing to do anyway other than strolling around before going back to her hotel.

"What kind of convention?"

"A science convention!" Riley grinned.

"Eh?"
.
.
.
Sana was following Riley closely from behind since she doesn't want to get lost in the sea of crowd. The convention center was packed with people and she was awed at the displays.

"Most of the ones who joined here are students, " Riley said.

It made Sana even more surprised. She can't believe at a young age they are already inventing stuff.

"Do you know anyone here?" Sana asked.

"Yeah, it's my father."

Sana looked up to the girl with awe, "your father is a scientist?"

Riley's nose scrunched and shrugged, "I wouldn't call him a scientist, but rather a researcher. He does lots of research for stuff and whatnots—I don't really care about whatever scientific terminology that is since I'm not that interested."

Sana muttered a small 'oh' as she continued to look around while following the latter.

"There he is! I saw my dad."

As they approached a small booth with lots of small never seen before devices, Sana was amazed.

"Hey, dad."

The man turned around and flinched the moment he saw his daughter. He then gave her a kiss on the cheeks.

"How are you kid? Who's with you?" He said while wiping his hands clean. "I thought Sofie was coming with you today." He added a subtle smirked.

"Yeah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter