Part 1

Aiding the Beautiful You (SaTzu)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

'This is Tzuyu's sign language convo'

'And this is the thoughts'

Don't get confused. 🙂

Ciao~

⛓⛓⛓

"Tzuyu! Where are you going? Why so early?" Her mom shouted from the kitchen as she peeked by the corner of the wall with a raised brow.

'I need to get going!' Tzuyu pouted as she hurriedly wore her sneakers near the doorway.

The woman rested her right fist onto her hips and shook her head.

"You're going to follow Sana again, aren't you?"

Tzuyu flinched and blushed. Glad she had her back on. She then looked at her mother with a playful glare.

'No! Why would I?' She quickly denied as she wore her cap.

"I know Sana is going to do groceries today. It's written on your calendar—or should I say 'Sana calendar'?" Her mom teased.

Tzuyu's eyes went wide. 'You are invading my privacy!'

"No, I'm not. It just happens I was cleaning your room and your calendar is full of Sana's daily activities, " her mom pondered. "You looked like a stalker that way."

Tzuyu was embarrassed and furious at the same time, so she immediately went out and shut the door. Behind it, she can still hear how her mom laughs like a maniac. She then walked away with a pout and waited for Sana by the elevator.

On Que, Sana came out from her unit tapping her white cane on the floor. Tzuyu immediately smiled seeing Sana's beauty. How she wished she could talk to her.

As Sana reached the elevator, she quickly patted the wall and searched the button. Tzuyu quickly pressed it for her and the door opened. Sana flinched when the door open.

"Eh?" She wondered yet still went inside. "This always happens." She mumbled as the door closed.

Tzuyu didn't go inside, but rather she ran down the stairs to catch the elevator before reaching the ground. She always does this every time Sana gets out to do some errand.

When she reached the ground, Sana was already near the rotating glass door of the condominium. Tzuyu quickly ran towards it and pushed the door slightly to give a safer room. After Sana got in and proceed to rotate the door, Tzuyu followed using the next-door slot. Sana then started walking down the pavements while Tzuyu followed her from behind.

It is always like this every day. Tzuyu secretly helped Sana on her daily activities since last year. She doesn't really know Sana that well, all she knew was that her parents are long gone as what Mr. Jung, their gardener, told her. It was a tragic event but it happened when Sana was still a child.

Tzuyu admitted to herself that she has a long-time crush on her, but she still didn't realize how vulnerable Sana is. Not until a year ago.


|Flashback|

Tzuyu saw Sana walking back towards their condominium with an umbrella clamped on her neck as she was hugging her groceries. Sana looked uncomfortable since she needs her cane to guide her path as well. Suddenly Sana tripped and scattered her groceries, Tzuyu immediately ran and helped Sana quickly—not even minding how wet she was since her hood was taken off.

"I- I'm fine!" Sana stuttered as she quickly tried to search for the items on the drenched ground. The paper bag was already torn off since it was dampened by the rain. "Oh no! The bag tore apart!"

Tzuyu opened her bag and slipped everything she can find on the ground and the rest was on her elbow hugging it closely. Careful enough not to drop it.

"Where was it?" Sana mumbled as she kept patting the ground. Tzuyu helped her up taking Sana aback.

"Eh? Wh-Who are you? Th-Thank you!"

Tzuyu grabbed the cane and umbrella as she held Sana closely. She can also feel how her heart was ramming against her ribs. Sana was so warm inside her arms and can't help but fantasize Sana being her girlfriend.

As they reached Sana's unit, Sana invited her inside and she quickly removes her shoes and ran inside towards the kitchen. She then takes out all the groceries out of her bag and put it in a basket.

"Thank you for your help!" Sana grinned.

Tzuyu was mesmerized and blushed harder. She just nodded despite knowing Sana can't see.

"What's your name?"

Tzuyu felt sad all of a sudden since she can't speak. She just walked closer and patted Sana's drenched head with a small smile.

"Are you leaving? Can't you tell me your name?" Sana followed facing where she can hear the footsteps had gone.

Tzuyu wore back her shoes and smiled at Sana before opening the door.

"Uhm- thank you again! I wish you can tell me your name next time!"

Tzuyu nodded and closed the door shut.

As she walked back to her unit, she promised herself to start helping Sana secretly.

|EoF|

 

Both are walking down the streets as Tzuyu kept her distance from behind.

Tap, tap

The white stick hit the pavement as Sana took her time to walk as slowly as she can. When her stick reached a deep gap, she automatically knew she's in the pedestrian stop. She's not sure whether the light was green or not, so she stood there waiting for someone who will tell her to cross.

When the light was green, Tzuyu automatically grabbed Sana's free hand and pulled her across the streets. Sana did not flinch anymore since she knew someone would come to her aid when it comes to crossing streets.

After they successfully crossed, Sana gave a big grin.

"Thank you so much! You're always helping me cross the streets!" Sana said. Tzuyu smiled back. "I know you're the same person, but you haven't told me your name."

Tzuyu's heart quickens as she blushed. How she wished she could answer her.

"I guess, you're just shy, " Sana giggled. "I'll be going now! Thank you again!" She waved and tapped her way down the pavement once more.

Tzuyu continued following her from behind and she smiled like an idiot. Looking at her hands, she squealed silently jumping around earning a few smiles from the people around her which she did not even notice.

Ten minutes later, both finally arrived at the small grocery mart. Tzuyu gave her automatically a mini pushcart making Sana smile.

"Thank you for assisting!" Sana pushed her way slowly towards the aisle.

Tzuyu pulled her cart away from the shelves since Sana almost drove to the sides.

"I'm sorry! Uhm- excuse me? Can you guide me where is the bread section?"

Tzuyu blushed and just pulled the cart forward while leading the way. Sana held onto the bar slowly following her guide.

The merchandiser, on the other hand, just stood on the sides admiring the friendship of the two with a smile. He always sees them weekly and he knew that Sana was blind and often assisted her before, but when Tzuyu started helping her he gave way. Though he didn't know Tzuyu was mute, he just thought that she was just shy. All the store staffs knew that whenever Sana came to do her groceries, Tzuyu is always there helping her.

After reaching the bread aisle, Sana started holding onto each one she can grab and tried to feel what bread it is. While Tzuyu just admired her choosing a bread. Seeing Sana having a cute yet serious face made Tzuyu smile.

"Someone's gonna melt~"

Tzuyu flinched and turned around. She then saw her cousin, Jackson, who is the manager and co-owner of the mart. Her eyes went wide and blush harder seeing her cousin having that stupid grin.

'Stop teasing me, oppa!' She rolled her eyes and looked at Sana again. Sana was still busy choosing what kind of bread.

Jackson purposely passed by to give his little cousin a big heart sign over his head with a big goofy smile. Tzuyu gritted her teeth as her face blew redder.

'SHUT UP! I HATE YOU!'

Jackson gave a shake before laughing out loud disappearing by the corner. Tzuyu sighed but suddenly her foot was run over by a cart Sana pushed. She grunts in silence as Sana continued to push the cart slowly.

'Damn it! That hurts, Sana!' Tzuyu pouted.

"Excuse me, can anyone assist me in going to the noodle section?"

'She's having cup ramyeon again.' She thought as she pulled her the noodle section.

When Sana started choosing noodle, which she knew it'll take another year to finish, she quickly ran towards the fish and meat area and hurried order slices of beef and pork cuts by the kilo. She then pulled out a pack of apples and oranges along since she knew Sana likes it. When she returned, Sana was still busy choosing. She sighed and set the basket down while waiting for her to finish.

Not long, Sana was finished. Tzuyu helped her again in paying by picking out Sana's debit card, while Sana all the while thought the shop assisted her. The cashier can't help but smile every time she sees them.

"Thank you for shopping! Come again!" The cashier bowed. Sana and Tzuyu bowed back with a smile.

As they got out, Sana was carrying the eco bag by her shoulder. She didn't know that some of the items she chose were in Tzuyu's bag. Tzuyu doesn't want Sana to carry heavy stuff.

"Hm- my bag isn't that heavy. Did I really bought a few?" She asked herself, and Tzuyu behind her swallowed guiltily.

Same process over again by crossing the streets. Sana bowed at no one and thanked the person again before continuing her journey. While Tzuyu kept tailing behind her.

As they were almost near the condominium grounds, Tzuyu heard someone calling for her. When she turned her head, she saw a man gesturing her to come. Tzuyu walked closer since he knew that he was one of the gardeners of the condominium.

'Yes, Jung-ssi?' She smiled.

"Here are some flowers I picked, " he smiled as he handed it to her.

Tzuyu smelled the red thornless roses, 'wow! Thank you so much!'

"Give it to her, " he smiled while pointing at Sana who almost reached the revolving doors. "You should confess already." He grinned.

'I will soon! Thank you for this!' She bowed with a big grin before catching up to Sana.
.
.
.
As they reached Sana's unit, Sana opened it and Tzuyu directly went in startling Sana in the process.

"Wait- who's there?" Sana asked as she back away from the door.

Tzuyu walked back towards her and pulled her inside.

"Oh, it's you again." Sana sighed, "you scared me."

Tzuyu then helped her put the groceries in the fridge and stack the fruits on the table without letting Sana do anything. She just made Sana sit and wait as she did everything.

"Thank you for always helping, " Sana smiled. "Yet I still don't know your name."

Tzuyu can only look at her with sad eyes. How she wished she can say it. But maybe it's time to show Sana that she was the one helping her for the past year and that maybe she got a chance.

She took a deep breath before taking Sana's right-hand palm facing up. She then started writing her name on it.

"T..." Sana mumbled. Tzuyu continued.

"Z..."

"U..."

"Y..."

"U..."

Tzuyu then placed a rose on it before back away with a full red face. Her insides are going wild when she saw how Sana took a sniff on the rose with a smile.

"So, you're Tzuyu." She smiled, "thank you, Tzuyu-ah~"

Tzuyu pumped her fist in happiness. She can't believe Sana was saying her name. Just by hearing how her name rolled out Sana's tongue is giving her goosebumps.

"Are you that shy to talk?" Sana asked dropping Tzuyu's smile in an instant.

Tzuyu walked towards her and held her hand again and gave the whole bouquet of roses. Sana smiled.

"How nice of you, Tzuyu-ah! Thank you!" Sana smiled while trying to reach for her face. Tzuyu backed away in surprise. "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to feel your face."

Tzuyu swallowed hard, her face certainly went to a higher degree.

Settling down the roses, Sana placed both palms onto Tzuyu's cheeks and started caressing it.

"Your cheeks are so soft, " she paused. "And hot-are you sick?"

Tzuyu quickly shook her head.

"Well, your face was hot."

Her face became hotter when Sana caressed her nose.

"I like your nose, " Sana smiled.

Tzuyu tried her best not to die. She immediately closed her eyes when it was touched.

"Your lashes are long..."

When Sana's right hand traveled through her hair, her other hand remained on her shoulder as she tried to tiptoe.

"You're so tall for a girl, " she chuckled making Tzuyu blush harder. "I like tall people-"

Realizing what she said, she quickly pulled away with a blush. She almost knocked the bowl of fruit off, but Tzuyu was able to grab onto the bowl and held her waist.

Tzuyu stared at Sana's beautiful brown orbs. Even though Sana can't see, her eyes were wide after clutching a fistful of a shirt from the latter. Tzuyu immediately pulled Sana back up and took a step back.

How can she even apologize?

"S-Sorry, Tzuyu-ah. I'm really clumsy." Sana looked down with a blush, "thank you for helping me."

Tzuyu looked away with more blushes. She wanted to slap her face trying to ease off the hotness.

"I don't know why you aren't talking to me, but I hope you're not shy enough to keep silent. Let's talk about lots of things, okay?" Sana grinned while grabbing onto her hand. "Are you the one who always helped me?"

Tzuyu nodded.

"Are you?" Sana repeated.

Tzuyu took Sana's right hand and placed it on her cheeks before nodding.

"Really?"

She nodded again. Sana tilted her head in curiosity.

"Why aren't you talking?"

Tzuyu glanced away. She really wished she could.

"Okay, I won't force you if you're that shy." Sana smiled. This made Tzuyu smiled as well.

Tzuyu took a step back and proceed to get her bag.

"Are you leaving already?" Sana asked. Tzuyu nodded again even though the latter can't see it. "Let me you out."

Sana used the wall to guide her where she needs to go. She only uses her crane once she's outside.

Tzuyu stared at Sana for the last time before running back to her house.

Sana, on the other hand, sighed. She really can't understand why Tzuyu wasn't talking. Was she really that shy? But if she was, she would have helped her only once-at least not on a daily basis.

"I'm sad that I wasn't able to get to know her..." She sighed before slowly stride her way back to the kitchen and prepared for her lunch which consists of ramyeon and fruits.

Meanwhile, Tzuyu jumped onto her bed and squealed silently, kicking the air with a big dorky smile on her face.

A knock came and entered her mom with a crossed arms. Her small display of joy was over in a second.

'What is it, mama?'

"With that stupid smile you have, " her mom started as she slowly smirked. "Got a score?"

Tzuyu blushed immediately and threw a small pillow to her but was able to catch it.

"So, you confessed?"

She frowned and hugged a pillow. 'She wanted me to talk to her! How can I?'

The woman sighed, "Your papa and his team are still busy creating the voice-out device, " she paused. "And he said it'll take a while since it's the very first medical technology invented to help persons like you."

Tzuyu stands and hugged her mom.

"His team undergone years of research for this, " her mom added. "And finally, it'll come to life and he said you'll be the first one to try it."

Tzuyu jumped excitedly, 'so when will dad come home?'

Her mom hummed, "I'm not sure dear. He will let us know once he will return. I think he's just too focused on creating a solution for your condition."

She nodded, 'I'll just send papa a message then.'

"Much better!" Her mom patted her head, "oh! I've cooked extra for Sana." She then walked back to the kitchen.

Tzuyu's eyes went wide as she quickly followed her mom. When she reached the dining area, two small lunch boxes were prepared. She blushed again.

'Mama! Why?'

The woman chuckled, "oh, I knew the only thing Sana healthily eats is fruits-after her daily cup of noodles."

Tzuyu couldn't agree anymore. But what baffles her is that why is her mom trying to cook for her now?

'Why are you doing this now? You haven't done this before for her.'

Her mom raised a brow, "who says I haven't?" She stuck her tongue out, "I gave her lunch or dinner every day without you knowing!"

Tzuyu's brows were knitted in the middle. How come she didn't know about this?

"Your face says everything, hun—let me explain, " she paused while quickly putting the boxes inside a bag. "Ever since you started to write Sana's daily routine in your calendar, I was able to monitor her as well. The very first time I saw you carrying a bag full of cup noodles, I shook my head thinking Sana lives an unhealthy life. Growing up like that is not good. So, I decided to secretly give her a bento through our gardener, Mr. Jung."

'Why are you being sneaky?'

The woman snorted, "like you aren't?" She then gave the bag to her and patted her head, "now take these now before Sana starts eating those noodles."

'And you're calling me a stalker?' She stuck her tongue out before she ran out closing the door leaving a chuckling mom behind.

When Tzuyu reached Sana's unit, she took a deep breath and ring the doorbell. Seconds later, Sana's voice rang through the speaker.

"Yes, who is it?"

Tzuyu slapped her forehead. She just knocked on the door instead. Footsteps were then heard from behind followed by a cute voice.

"Who is it?"

Tzuyu gritted her teeth in frustration and try knocking her name into morse code—hoping the girl would understand. She learned this from her dad.

"Tzuyu?"

Alas! She does.

Tzuyu blinked in awe. She did not really expect that.

'Sana knew morse code? Whoa-'

The door was then opened and she was greeted by a big grin, making her all her worries disappear.

"Come in, Tzuyu-ah!" Sana tried to reach for her hand and pulled her inside.

Both sat across each other, while Tzuyu is stiff as a stick. Seeing Sana smiling at her still hasn't sunk into her.

"I was about to prepare a cup of ramyeon for lunch! Have you taken any?" Sana smiled.

Tzuyu felt happy, yet frustrated at the same time. She really kept wishing only one thing over and over. If this was before Sana knew her, she probably might be contented just by seeing her, but now that Sana was actually talking to her and wanted to get to know her she wanted to speak so badly.

"Tzuyu-ah?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter