go ahead and rip my heart out if that's what love is all about

my words are as timed as the beating in my chest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene loves playing games. Everyone, especially Wendy, knows that. Wendy knows how competitive Irene can get, knows how Irene won't stop until she won and prove to everyone involved that she's the game queen, as she and their friends love to call her.

 

And as always, Wendy found it adorable. The fierceness behind those eyes never fails to captivate Wendy, and it's what drew her into Irene in the first place.


How those eyes feel like Irene has the galaxy within her, that Wendy gets so easily lost in them. How those eyes could flicker so many emotions within a second that Wendy would know what Irene is thinking or feeling-- that Wendy told Irene she's like an open book to her, with the older girl shaking her head and saying she's not, not really.


And Wendy just smiled and said, "Even if you're the hardest book to read, you'd always be my favorite."


Irene would laugh, and call her cheesy, and Wendy would just look at those eyes that hold so much mirth, and bask in the sound of that laugh that would put Angels singing to shame.


Those were the simpler times.


Times when they weren't knowingly playing this push and pull game, that Irene seems to love, and the game Wendy hates the most.


---

 

Wendy thought she knew love. Once knew? Or should have known? She doesn't even know what tense to use anymore.


She thought she knew it whenever she'd look at her parents. Of how it's been years since they've met, years since they've made their vows, and yet, when Wendy looks at them, they look like those young couples she'd see in those movies, movies wherein it'd show how love can bloom, whether be it with just in the first sight or in the first touch, how those lovesick teenagers in those type of movies, still perfectly mirrors how her parents are.


How there's still so much love in their eyes whenever they look at each other, how her father would still find different ways to surprise her mother when he'd come home from work, and how her mother could never find it tiring to still be tying her father's tie after having done it for so many mornings.


To Wendy, that's what love is.


And she always hoped that one day she'd find something like that too.


---

 

Now, she thought she did.


She thought she found it in the form of Bae Joo Hyun or Irene, as her stage name goes.


Wendy thought she found it when Irene stayed up all night just to accompany her-- to listen to her belt out "Shine on me," over, and over again.


She thought she found it whenever Irene would clutch onto her for warmth, and oh how she feels the electricity flowing through Irene's touch whenever she'd find a home in We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter