Another crossroad in life

Tattoo

Taeyeon may not be the kind of person to constantly stay in touch, but she at least makes the effort to maintain friendships that she puts close to her heart. Which is why when Tiffany’s birthday was around the corner, she offered to bring the latter out for dinner on a common offday. Tiffany was surprised at the invitation because Taeyeon had not been the type to initiate gatherings but she was appreciative of the effort. 

 

They met up at a bar and bistro for dinner and settled down after ordering food and drinks. Snacks were served and they were enjoying a comfortable silence when Tiffany noticed something and had to ask, “Babe, why are your hands shaking? Did your anxieties relapse?” Taeyeon was surprised at the observation as she herself did not notice that her hands were shaking. She paused for a bit and replied, “Yeah, can’t really sleep at night. Yesterday I was off as well and I spent my day watching videos but halfway through a video I suddenly blanked out and had a flashback on something I put at the back of my mind a long time ago.”

 

Tiffany stayed silent for a while to digest the information before asking, “ Is something bothering you? I realised the management is putting more work on you even though it’s not part of your job scope. It seems like they are either making use of the fact that you are able to do those things or that they are preparing to promote you. Is it taking a toll on you?”

 

“It is, but the anxiety attack was definitely random. I feel like the management is not giving enough appreciation for the efforts that I put into the new project. There are so many members of the management but they decide to use a document that I set up as a guideline for the whole department. I don’t know what message they are trying to put across here. That’s why I’m considering changing jobs, but with the declining economy I’m not too sure if the choice is right to make. I’m also not very sure whether the company would let me resign because of all these courses that they have been sending me on recently.” Taeyeon started to spill all her concerns about her career that she has recently and feels a pounding headache coming and has the urge to just stare at her tattoo for a while. However she decided not to since it would seem very rude to her companion. 

 

“I agree, it’s been a tough period for the whole company recently and unrest is going all over since the management’s focus seems to be on revenue to recoup losses. Take a step at a time, make decisions like you always have been. As long as you know in future if you look back at this point in time you would make the same decision, then it would be the right decision to make. No matter how tough things are going, it will pass soon. Hwaiting!” Tiffany encouraged Taeyeon, even though she was still very worried about her. 

 

Tiffany however knows that Taeyeon is now comfortable enough to seek her out if she needs someone to talk to and decided not to pry about her mental health. They switched subjects and had an enjoyable evening together. 

 

 

A/N: It's been awhile. Regardless writing or reading. With the virus messing up the economy and being in the hospitality industry . As an essential worker I've still been assigned shifts and even though I'm forced to clear leave I still had paperwork to do even though I'm not part of the management team. I've been blocking out negativity by starting to stan a new group that I never had much interest in, Red Velvet! hehe. Just catching up on their past 6 years. I realised that I always start liking stars when they are already successful, most likely because I need someone with positivity to look up to. I'm just glad I have friends I know I can go to when I need a distraction. they are the most precious people and I've been blessed to meet them at all different points of my life.  It's not been easy on the whole world, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy. 

 

 

lamer out.