Slump and out

Tattoo

Tiffany looked on worriedly as Taeyeon dragged herself at work, doing things robotically without thinking. Taeyeon has been acting weird recently but Tiffany knew better than to poke into her comfort zone, after that heart to heart talk they had in the middle of the night. 

 

She wonders what's wrong with her cheery friend as for the past week Taeyeon had been making mistakes that range from small to big and the management had no idea what is going on and are getting quite annoyed at her work performance. All Tiffany could do as a friend was to distract her from her mistakes and encourage her to move on. 

 

Taeyeon has not been receptive of any forms of concern rendered to her by other colleagues the past few days and looked especially pale for the whole day when she made a big mistake. She has also been excusing herself to the washroom more often. Tiffany had been thinking hard about how to get Taeyeon to voluntarily speak to her about it before she breaks down. 

 

It seemed like a miracle when Taeyeon asked her during dinner one day, "Fany-ah, would you like to join me for supper after work tonight?" Tiffany agreed without hesitation because she knew that was when Taeyeon was ready to confide in her. The hours passed slowly and when finally their shift ended, they decided to go to good ol macs for comfort food. 

 

They both fell into silence once again after settling down with their food, which gives Tiffany a Deja Vu of the last time they had the heart to heart talk. Well more of Taeyeon sharing session because Tiffany had an easy going personality that forgets her troubles within the next few hours. 

 

After a long breath, Taeyeon started, "Do you realize I've been excusing myself to the toilet more often?" Tiffany nodded, "Have you eaten something wrong recently or have any health issues?" 

 

"Nope, I've been going to the toilet to stare at my tattoo."

 

Tiffany knew the meaning behind that and her heart broke. She held back her thoughts and waited for Taeyeon to continue. 

 

She could see that her friend really appreciated that she didn't start fussing anxiously over her and patiently waited for Taeyeon to gather her thoughts. 

 

"I've been trying very hard at work the past few months," Taeyeon sighed. "October has always been a very bad month for the past few years. Seems like it didn't ease off. I've been really unlucky the past few weeks and I'm pissed off at myself over it. Everything is my fault and I've been pulling the team down, giving our manager a hard time because of my mistakes. I feel really bad. Even staring at my tattoo doesn't help. I'm feeling like as the days pass."

 

Tiffany waited a long while for Taeyeon to settle down her emotions before slowly starting "I feel that you've just been too hard on yourself. Everyone knows you're in a bad position recently and the manager has been understanding about it so far. I know you always tend to blame yourself too hard but you have nothing to worry about."

 

Tiffany saw that Taeyeon was tearing and passed her a tissue before continuing, "Don't think about how others judge you, but who you have supporting you. I agree you're not doing great but things will get better and I'll always be here for you," Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon and urged her to continue eating her food.

 

They finished their meal in comfortable silence before adjourning home, anticipating a new day's arrival. 

 

A/N: I'm in a very bad state to be honest. Writing this finally allowed my pent up tears and emotions to be released. I hope I stop making mistakes and bringing trouble to my team soon. It feels damn y.