Namaste Down Here, If That's Okay?

Be My Muse

 

“So you’re telling me, you want me to stand by the edge of this incredibly steep hill and balance my weight on one foot with my hands in front of my chest like I’m praying just for your one picture? Do you want me to die?” Jihoon scowled, his hands tucked into the warmth of his jacket pockets as a gust of wind blew from behind him.

 

It was dark out and Mingyu had called him out of nowhere to do a “photoshoot” with him at the peak of some city-view ‘hotspot’ that he found on Instagram. At first, he wasn’t going to leave the comfort of his warm bed, but he was persuaded by Mingyu’s offer of his home-made steamed buns. It turned out that Mingyu really was a good cook and Jihoon would do anything to eat his food; therefore, he got picked up and was driven to an unknown sight where he was faced with his possible death and all for some dumb giant’s ig post.  

 

“Yep! Just do that one yoga pose you see celebrities do when they pretend to do yoga,” Mingyu waved as he bent over to look into his lens. Jihoon groaned as he walked closer to the edge. His whole body shivered as he timidly looked down the side of the rocks. A tiny pebble rolled from under his foot and mockingly fell down at high speeds off the edge. It was a long fall to the bottom from the looks of it. He could barely see the cars on the road and, he wasn’t sure if it was just in his head, but the stars in the sky seemed awfully close from where he was standing.

 

“..., this is high,” he gulped. 

 

Mingyu didn’t seem concerned and continued to count down. “1...2...thr-” 

 

Jihoon shrieked as another gust of wind went past him, “w-wait!” Mingyu looked up from his camera calmly and tilted his head. Jihoon’s eyes shut closed and he let out several more curses under his breath. He was not afraid of heights. This was just...too stupid and dangerous for his liking. 

 

“I’m not asking you to jump off, Ji.” Mingyu scoffed as he looked at him judgingly. Jihoon hissed in return. He lifted his foot off the ground slowly, his body wobbling in an unsettling fashion. Mingyu smiled. 

 

“Okay, good! Now...say ‘yamaste’!” Mingyu cheered. “It’s ‘namaste’ you idiot!” Jihoon chided as he kept his eyes closed tightly. He heard the click of the lens closing and waited till he heard the ‘okay’ to open them again. 

 

 

“Mingyu?”

 

 

“Am I done?” Jihoon called out, trying his best to keep his balance. No one answered. He gritted his teeth as he tried to maintain the pose. Mingyu was a perfectionist when it came to photography and he wasn’t going to suffer another hour of him whining on the way home about him messing up a potentially breath-taking shot. 

 

“Gyu? You better not be messing around or I swear to God, I wil-” 

 

“BOO!”

 

Jihoon screamed, his body wavering backwards and falling in slow-motion (or so it felt). Fortunately, his life was saved by the two familiarly clammy hands that pulled him forward and inches away from death.

 

“Did I scare you?” Mingyu giggled as he held Jihoon up to prevent him from collapsing to the ground. Jihoon gulped as he felt his own hands sweat. He almost himself from fear. He looked up at the grinning man with a face even more pale than usual. 

 

“...you piece of !” Mingyu screeched as Jihoon grabbed his meticulously gelled hair and pulled him down to scream in his face. “You think that was funny?”

 

“Ugh-k-kind of!” Mingyu choked out as Jihoon held his head in between his elbow. He tightened it as Mingyu let out another giggle. Eventually, he tapped out as he felt his lungs empty. 

 

“Never do that again!” Jihoon narrowed his eyes as Mingyu nodded like an obedient puppy. Jihoon hissed and stomped back to Mingyu’s car. 

 

“Hey Ji!” Jihoon turned his head, lips still curved in a deep frown. Mingyu quickly picked up his camera and took a picture. Jihoon raised his left brow in question, but headed back to the car with a reestablished sense of annoyance. Mingyu smiled to himself as he checked the picture. Jihoon’s furrowed brows and his wrinkled forehead staring straight back at him along with those thin pink lips straightened out in his signature frown. 

 

“...Cute.”