ONE

One night only

 

A/N: THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO SUBSCRIBED!! A BIG THANK YOU TO @Hyuuzu_avery !

Please, let me know how you feel about the chapter in the comment section. Upvote and subscribe! 

 

 

Park Chaeyoung is an ordinary single mother. She is juggling with her job and  being a mother to her four-year-old daughter. Why is she a single mother? Well, that's because of her ex. He ended their relationship after knowing she was pregnant. Good thing was that he is a great father to Eun Jung, their daughter. Chaeyoung didn't want to know his reason for breaking up with her. Her younger self was too devastated to know that she was going to give birth to a child that won't have a full family. Well, after some months had passed and her belly bump was getting bigger, she was hyped to see her little baby and raise her to be a good person and a graceful woman.

 

After work Chaeyoung went to fetch her little baby girl from the kindergarten. Eun Jung was happy to attend because she had friends there. She was a smart little girl.  Chaeyoung knew that she wasn't smart one neither was Park Jimin, the man that made Eun Jung.

 

"Mommy, happy bithday!!!!!"

Well, she was only four years old.

Chaeyoung laughed at her precious daughter who was handing her a paper coloured with all kinds of colours.

 

"Thank you, sweetheart. It is so kind of you to make this for me.", she took her daughter in her arms and placed a kiss on her little plump cheeks.

"Did you have fun today?" , Chaeyoung bowed to the teacher that escorted her daughter and went to the near parked car.

 

"It was amazing. Seungjae was being naughty and the teach made him learn something." , the little girl giggled while her mother was putting her seatbelt at the back seat of the car. She then went and sat in the driver's seat.

 

"Do you still like him?" , the grown up woman asked and looked in the mirror to see her daughter's reaction while buckling her own seat belt.

 

"Mommy! I not liking him. He is liking Areum. She is my bestie. Like you and the aunts."

 

"Okay, I got it!" , she then laughed again and started the engine and drove off.


 

"Here is half of our gift for you." , said Jennie while giving the birthday girl a box.

 

"And the other half?" , Chaeyoung arched her brow at her friends in a teasing way. Though she knew that this gift was not going to be something good for her.

 

"Park Chaeyoung!" , Jisoo scolded her.

"Open it now! After this you will know what is the other half."

 

"Mommy, open, open!!" ,little Eun Jung was overly excited to see a gift and started clapping while doing so hitting Lisa's face.

"Aunty, I'm so soly!! You okay?"

 

"You little pumpkin! How many times do I need to teach you how to speak properly? How old are you already?" , Lisa playfully scolded the little girl who now had tears in her eyes. She was about to drop the bomb when Jisoo hold her.

 

"Do you want Aunty Soo to stay* to give you a goodnight sleep kiss and tell you a story?"

 

" I wa.. ", Eun looked over to her mother who was took by surprise and then to Lisa. She gulped a little.

"I would like to, Aunty Soo." and then hugged her tight so she could hide from Lisa. The four women laughed at the little girl's cute response.

 

"What are you talking about, Jisoo? You don't need to do that."

Chaeyoung was firm with her response. She didn't want anyone to take care of her baby. She could do it alone!

 

"You" Jennie put her index on Chae's forehead , "and us" then pointed at Lisa and herself "are going to celebrate your birthday out. We have reserved the place. This will be your outfit." She indicated to the yet unopened box they gave her.

 

"I.. " , the birthday girl was silent for a while. She was thinking of how to deal with her stubborn friends. "Girls, you know that I can't do this." Chaeyoung tried her best to reject but was put in the corner.

 

"Park Eun Jung and Aunty Soo are going to have a fun night and the sleep tight. In the morning they will have even more fun. Right?",  Jisoo butted.

 

"Yes, yes, Aunty Soo!" , she sang. "Mom, you go have fun with Aunty Nini and Aunty Lili. And we will have our own patyyy!" , the girl screamed of happiness and the women started laughing at her cuteness once again.

 

"Look, you need your four-year-old daughter to teach you to have fun and go to parties. I can't believe this!" scoffed Jennie while nudging Lisa. She knew that provoking her was the best option.

 

"Yeah! You are no fun, Park Chaeyoung!" , Lisa tried to play along with Jennie.

 

"Ok, gosh! You win!"

Chae sighed and sat at the sofa next to Jennie.

 "You will behave, little princess! And Jisoo, please, if you need something, like anything, just call me!!"

 

"Please! I've taken care of her while she was an infant. You needed our help then. Just go and have fun!",  Jisoo assured the preoccupied mother.

 

"And hook up with some handsome guy!", teased Jennie but lowered her voice so that the kid couldn't hear things she shouldn't have at this age. With saying that she earned a poke in the ribs and a glare from her friend. "What!? Did I say something wrong? You know you crave for it."

 

"My daughter is here, please, behave Jennie Kim." , Chaeyoung then proceeded and opened the box. When she saw the gift her friends are giving her, she gasped. "Girls, this.."

 

"Look! She likes it! She is totally speachless." , Jennie said excited seeing Chae's reaction.

 

"Do you really think I'll.. " , she looked at her friends' faces one by one and decided to shut up. "Thank you, girls! It's really beautiful!" , she appreciated the lovely gift but it wasn't something she would buy for herself.

 

"We know that you don't like to wear too revealing clothes so we just added this long-sleeved bodysuit that's a little transparent." , Lisa proudly said.

"Go and take a shower. We'll go and put some clothes. Or better told, take off some of it." , she laughed and stood up with Jennie.

 

"Wear it well, girl! Hope that some hot guy will take it off for ya tonight!" , Jennie winked as she was exiting her friend's apartments with Lisa.

 

"Jisoo, you think this will suit me ?" ,  Chaeyoung looked preoccupied with the choice of clothes her friends had. Jisoo laughed and shook her head at her friend's strange thoughts.

 

After an hour, Chaeyoung was all ready to make hearts beat and pants to rip. She was wearing the bodysuit with long sleeves that Lisa had mentioned but it was way too transparent. Her milky white skin was showing. On top of it a chainmail crop top and a pleated short skirt in silver color. She paired it with her favourite white boots of Dr. Martines. She put her hair in a ponytail and Jisoo put a little make up on her face.

 

"Look at the mirror." , Jisoo smiled and admired her friend's good looks.

 

"This is me?" ,  Chaeyoung gasped as she was looking into her reflection. She touched her face and the her body. " I'm doing it like really doing it." , she didn't believe her eyes

 

"You have always looked gorgeous but you just didn't want to highlight you true beauty."

 

"Jimin didn..."

 

"Jimin's already in the past! You are no longer his and you won't ever be!"

 

"Auch! This hurt, Jisoo! You know that I.."

 

"Park Chaeyoung he couldn't appreciate you enough. He was too lazy to see your values. You deserve more!", Jisoo took a hold of her shoulders and turned her to the mirror. "You will find the right one. The one that will treat you better. Look at yourself. You are so beautiful and so young. Don't hesitate to find someone."

 

"I have Eun. Besides no one wants a single mother. Even Jimin left me." , a tear escaped her eye.

 

"You will ruin your make up! Just stop thinking! Go and have fun not thinking about tomorrow or the consequences."

 

"Mommy, I want something yummy yummy.", Eun entered her mother's room and saw her new look. She ran to her and hugged her leg. "Mommy, you look beautiful! ", her mother knelt down and caressed the little girl's hair.

 

"You are so beautiful, too, my princess." , Chae hugged her and all emotions git her.

 

She started sobbing. She couldn't blame only Jimin but herself too. They couldn't provide the best for their daughter. They needed to be her role models and example in life. But here they were, separated. Not showing Eun what a real family should be.

 

"Come on, Eun, lets go get you some food from the kitchen. I made some really good chicken soup for you." , Jisoo meddled and held the girl in her arms.

 

"Is mommy crying?"