[End]

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunbi unnie,”

They stared at me as I gulped hard the burning lump inside my throat. I noticed the frown slowly forming on their faces but I cannot bring myself to speak, to break the damn ice.

My eyes focused on Yena when she stepped closer towards me, “Is it true? Huh, Chaeyeon?” She asked, mischievousness long gone in her eyes, “We need to hear the truth, Lee Chaeyeon.” She added.

I breathed deeply before looking at them, “I-There’s nothing for you to know.” I muttered lowly, “Just forget that you saw me here.” I said before grabbing my things.

“No.” My eyes shifted to Hyewon when she spoke, “No one’s leaving... Not again, Chaeyeon. Don’t you think we deserve the truth?” She sighed.

This is what I’m scared of the most for the past years— them asking for the truth. I’m not sure if I should let them know what the truth is because everyone has been doing well now. They’re doing fine and I’m doing good as well.

“C’mon, Chaeyeon.” Hyewon urged before stepping closer, “Isn’t it enough for you to hide it to us all these years?”

I sighed before shaking my head, “I’m sorry, but I don’t think you should know it.”

“Damn it!”

I flinched with the harsh tone Hyewon used but I cannot help but smile mentally. She changed.

“Unni—Damn, Lee Chaeyeon,” The usual composed Kang Hyewon looks so frustrated right now as she cut Yuri off, “God, we hated you. We hate you. I hate you and I’m not even sure if it’s right feeling that way.”

I bit my lower lip as I looked down, trying to control the threatening tears. I didn’t know that hearing those words from them should hurt this much. Is it supposed to hurt like you’re being stabbed a hundred times?

I gulped, “Hate me, then.” I gave them a small smile, “I’ve hurt you so it’s okay to hate me.”

They stare at me, confusion lacing their eyes, “U-Unnie, wha—Either way, I made you cry.” I cut Minju off before staring at them, “I broke one of our promises and I’m really sorry for that.”

I looked away at them as it hurts seeing them crying. I don’t want to see them cry especially because of me but what can I do? I already did. I made them cry.

“Please, Chaeyeon… Tell us the truth.”

“Unnie, I’m not a baby anymore. You can be honest to us now without thinking of us,” Yujin muttered softly before grabbing my cold sweaty hands, “Wonyoung and I are big enough now to understand things…” She said as she squeezes my hands.

I gave her a gentle smile as I try myself not to break down in front of them, “Yujin-ah, you know, there are things that are better left unsaid… I don’t want to hurt you more.”

“But you’re hurting us now!” Yuri shouted as she punched my arm, “You’re hurting us, Unnie…and I know you’re hurting too.”

It’s not supposed to be like this. It should just me and Lia having our dinner but what happened that the supposed to be a happy dinner become full of tears?

I don’t know how to explain it to them ‘cause even I, don’t know what to explain. Should I explain why JYP threatens the company? Should I explain why I asked them to terminate my contract instead of joining another group? Or should I explain why I left?

But it would only lead to one answer.

Because of them.

They are too important for me that I am willing to sacrifice everything, even my dreams. I mean, they were my family. Achieving those dreams without them would be meaningless. We spent our time together as we strive hard to achieve our dreams together so if it’s not them, I would rather quit.

“Chaeyeon…” A soft voice woke me up from my trance, “I-I know it’s hard to you as how hard it is for us… I-I understand that but please when you’re ready…you know how to contact me.”

I stopped myself from sobbing, “Thank you, Unnie.”

 

 

EUNBI

 

It’s been a few months since that confrontation with Chaeyeon and up until now she still hasn’t contacted me yet. Every day, every single day, I’m waiting for her to reach out.

The kids changed after that night though. They seem anxious every time we would be on stage and would perform our first songs— the songs that we performed with Chaeyeon. That confrontation surely left an impact on each one of us.

“Unnie, let’s go.” Chaewon said before pulling me out of the dressing room, “Everyone’s ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter