[1]

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed as I take a look at my ringing phone for the nth time before shifting my gaze towards the huge glass windows a few floors above me.

I glance at my phone once more before rejecting the incoming call but as soon as I pressed the red dot, another call came in.

I stare at my ringing phone for a few seconds before taking the guts to answer it, "Where are you?" I heard my Mom asking.

"Can I talk to Ryeong, Mom?" I asked instead of answering her question.

I heard her sigh before another person speaks from the other line, "Unnie," I heard her saying.

"Sorry for rejecting your call, Ryeong-ah," I said as I pinch the bridge of my nose, "I-I'm just unwinding."

"Right, it's okay but you should know better than to lie to me," She said, "I know you're in front of their apartment."

I smile knowing I cannot hide anything from my sister, "I am, but I think this will be the last one though," I said as I look up, staring at my used to be second home.

"Are you really sure of going to San Francisco?" Chaeryeong asked.

I kept quiet for a moment before answering her, "Everything will be better without me in here."

"But Unnie, it's not your fault," I heard how upset and frustrated she is just by hearing her voicing out her thoughts, "You didn't do anything wrong, Unnie."

"I did, Ryeong," I sighed as I gripped the phone a bit tighter, "I did and it's hurting everyone."

"You never wanted anything of this to happen."

"But I still hurt them,"

"And you're hurting too."

I smile at myself before nodding, "They don't know the truth, Chaeryeong." And that's better.

I looked at the illuminated room, before ending the call without waiting for any response. It seems like they are having some movie marathon just like how we used to. Yeah, with lights on because of some scared asses.

I can't help but chuckle remembering how scared Yena and Yuri is when we decided to watch Insidious. Those two inseparable humans as they cling to each other like each other's lifeline.

"Yah! Hyewon! Stop pulling me!" I gasped after hearing a familiar voice. Panic quickly arises from my chest as I try to hide behind the bush.

I peek behind the bush as I watch them walk towards the convenience store just in front of the apartment building.

"Unnie faster! We have to go back there as fast as we can because that duck might eat my chicken."

"Hyewon unnie, please consider Eunbi unnie's age!" I smile after hearing Chaewon's soft voice.

I smile as I watch their backs disappearing in front of me, "God, I'll miss those," I said as I put my hood over my head.

I began walking away from that place when I heard a familiar voice calling my name, "Lee Chaeyeon," I felt my breathing stop after hearing that cold voice.

I closed my eyes for a second before turning around to face her, "U-Unnie," My breathing hitched as I watch her slowly make her way towards me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked as she stopped a few feet away from me.

I tried opening my mouth but nothing came out but a mere "Sorry," I said as I tried avoiding her gaze.

"I'm asking you."

I scratch my forehead as I do my best not to have any eye contact with her piercing gaze, "I-I just wanted to see you for the last time." I said as I looked at my feet.

I heard her scoffed, "After everything that you did?" She asked and I swear I can taste the venom lacing every damn word leaving her lips.

I looked at her and regret it right after as I see hatred filling her eyes, her eyes that were once full of love and understanding.

"I know a simple sorry won't remove the pain I've caused you, but I'm really sorry, Unnie," I said before bowing deeply in front of her.

"Unnie, what's happening?" I straightened up my back after hearing that soft voice.

"S-Saku-chan," I feel my chest tightened after seeing my best friend.

"Jjaeyeon?" She said as she walks in front of me, just a step ahead in front of Eunbi unnie, "I was supposed to call you guys because you're taking long." She said turning her gaze towards Eunbi unnie.

Eunbi unnie nodded at her, "Hyewon and Chaewon are still at the convenience store, I just left the card so," She explained.

Sakura nodded before shifting her gaze towards me again, “Why are you here?” She asked.

I gulped the lump forming in my throat as I avoid her questioning gaze, “I-I just want to see you before I leave.”

“Leave?”

I nodded giving them a small smile, “Yeah,” I sighed, “I have to.” I added.

They both looked at me, just staring without muttering anything. Their eyes are saying something but I cannot comprehend anything.

I looked at them as I miss seeing them this close before bidding my goodbye, "I-I have to go now," I said as I give them a small apologetic smile, "Uhm, take care." I said bowing down.

Once I reached my car or rather my father's car, I sighed as I settle myself inside. "I just hope they won't tell it to the other kids," I mumble as I start the car's engine.

I'm leaving everything behind now as I step on the accelerator. Everything but our memories.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"C'mon Chaeyeon! Just this one please!" I sighed after hearing my friend's pleading for the nth time.

I shake my head, "Sorry, but no," I said grabbing my stuff on the table, ready to go for my next class along with this weird creature.

She looked at me and pouted her lips, "Let's make a deal then," She said.

I raised my eyebrow, "What deal?" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter