Park Yunha's Story

as the guest of the X show (One-Shots Collection)

My name is Park Yunha. One of my biggest dreams had come true recently: becoming an assistant manager in SMTOWN! Due to my young age, I had been working –actually, getting all kinds of trainings– in SM for years before I got qualified for higher position, my dream position. I’ve been appointed as an assistant manager for SHINee, the staffs’ favorite, under Jin-oppa as the head manager for five months. I know, it’s such an achievement as a girl.

 

Last night I did a job to assist SHINee’s Taemin who will be performing at a national TV’s event. We were at the backstage, literally behind the stage as Taemin was the next performer. Taemin kept looking at one spot, so I followed his eyes and found out that he was looking at a monitor screen that showed Apink performing. I bitterly smiled at him. Of course I know their story. Being his assistant manager, I had to know his life story in order to get to know him more.

 

Taemin dated Apink’s Son Naeun for estimatedly three years before breaking up in late 2018. After that, he had such a stuffed year in 2019 as he got so many projects to keep SHINee’s existence. Being a single and being left alone as s went to military, I couldn’t imagine the loneliness he had yet he went through it excellently. Well, it’s his privacy though.

 

After a while, Apink members went back to the backstage and I found a familiar figure left me calling her, “Sonna...!”

Yes, it’s Son Naeun of Apink. Naeun and I went to the same college in the same year. Eventhough our majors are different, we’re pretty close as we take the same club: drawing and painting club. 

Her eyes widened as smile bloomed on her face and she walked towards me, “Yunha-ya! How come you are here–“

She stopped so suddenly as she recognized the figure next to me. “...ah.”

 

She returned her eyes back to me and smiled happily, “Gosh, I see, you’re finally promoted! Congrats! I know you will do amazing.”

Like always, she’s such a sweet girl. I couldn’t resist my eye smiling to her, “gomawo~ it’s been a while since we met, jaljinae–“ 

I stopped as my eyes unintentionally met with Taemin’s. The sorrowful and desperation in them stopped me, directed toward no other than the girl beside me. Naeun followed my eyes and frowned. Who wouldn’t be? His eyes were shouting out a deep longing.

When Naeun finally met his eyes, I didn’t miss the spark glowed in them, he started to speak, his voice was sweet. “Jal... jalsinaesseo? Naeun-ah...”

His sweet and honest gaze softened Naeun’s expression as she smiled even so sweetly. “Eung. Oppaneun?”

 

I left them having a talk before Taemin left me and Naeun at the backstage as he finally had to perform. 

“How was it? Are you okay?” I asked her.

“W-what do you mean? Of course I am...,” she flustered. She sighed before continued, “Yunha-ya.”

Eung?”

“Take care of him, okay?”

I frowned. “What do you mean? He’s longing for you, Sonna.”

She lowered her face, hide it using her hair. “Is he?”

Frowned again by her unsecurity, I shouted “Obviously! Don’t act stupid, his gaze was so obvious!”

She laughed freely. It was nice to see.

 

“Yunha-ya, neon ara?” I turned my face to her. 

“The last year when we were separated, we actually sent messages to each other frequently. I often encouraged him for stages, before and after performances. We tried to stay away from each other completely before, but... we realized that we still depend on each other’s support. No, we needed it. Well, friends can do so, right?”

I was beyond surprised to respond. This two, really...

The urge of wanting them to talk had risen up as it got me saying, “Sonna, stay with me.”

 

I brought Naeun alongside me and Taemin as we went back to the waiting room. Naeun whispered to me worriedly, “Yunha-ya, mwo hae?”

As we were inside the waiting room, I said to them, “you two, talk. I’ll give you ten minutes,” then immediately closed the door leaving the two with eyes widened in shock.

As ten minutes had passed, I went back but the door was still closed, so I opened it a bit... and stopped when I saw the two sitting together on the sofa, Naeun comfortably put her head on Taemin’s shoulder as he lovingly kissed the back of her hand.

 

Mission completed.

That’s it! Short, isn't it?

I went to sleep watching Taemin’s Abema TV Countdown Live last night and then I had this dream! YES, it was my dream! As soon I woke up, I murmured, “Gosh, what a nice dream...” and immediately opened my laptop to write before I started to forget LOL But it was actually not this dramatic tho HAHAHA

Pardon my writing, I don’t think a girl would be an assistant manager in SM, I don’t know SHINee’s nor Apink’s real manager’s name, and I don’t know many other things. You can correct me if I’m wrong, or even just share me the actual information, I’d appreciate it! ^^