Taemin as the guest of the X show

as the guest of the X show (One-Shots Collection)

[Next episode preview]

(consisted of quick cuts from the actual episode)

 

MC      : “It’s the best solo man artist, Taemin!” *audience welcoming scream*

Taemin: “Annyeonghaseyo, SHINee Taemin imnida

MC      : “You asked our permission to bring a special guest

Taemin: “Yes” *different cut* “Being here on X show, i’d like to use this chance to clear up some things

MC: “The special guest is...” *audience shocked scream*

caption: “who is it SHINee’s maknae Taemin brings with him?

 

 

X show is a recently popular talk show due to the comfort it provides to every celebrity guests coming, as they talk about their personal things and secrets. A lot of big secrets revealed there. Some revealed their plastic surgeries, some revealed their love life, their dark side of lives, and other unexpected stories that have been attracting people, thus made the show has high viewer ratings nation-wide. And tonight, here he was shooting for the show.

 

Here it is our guest today! ...”, the sound of MC made him turned his face. “That’s my cue. I’m going first, fighting!” he said while walking ahead the main stage of the studio, his gaze never left hers, the gaze of that significant one.

Eung,” that’s all she was able to say in respond. She was amazed at how calm he was. His gentle smile earlier somehow gave her strength.

 

“...It’s the best solo man artist, Taemin!”

Annyeonghaseyo, SHINee Taemin imnida,” he greeted the audience politely with a smile on his face.

 

The MC then asked him about his recent activities, as a solo artist and as SHINee member. He was asked about how were s doing in the military, so he told everyone that they’re doing fine, “please wait for SHINee!” he asked while smiling widely.

 

Then the MC started the of the night, “we heard that when considering to appear in this show, you asked our permission to bring a special guest,” he said in a questioning tone, asking for confirmation so he responded quickly,

Yes.”

 

With this particular person, i want to comfortably share my stories. Being here on X show, I’d like to use this chance to clear up some things,” he explained, which created a curious “ooooh” sound from the audience.

 

The MC continued, “ooh that sounds interesting, and unexpected? I personally didn’t expect SHINee Taemin to have secrets untold? Because you’re such a honest person.

 

He smirked, “really? I’m happy to hear that, then tonight will be more exciting!

 

Okay then let’s welcome Taemin’s special guest,

...Apink Son Naeun!

 

The audience screamed in surprise and excitement. There was no news at all between the two after their program We Got Married ended. They even seemed like avoiding each other on camera, but nobody knows what happens behind it.  There were rumors that SM blocked Apink from any SHINee’s schedule, but turned out it wasn’t true.

These made people excited to hear what they would say tonight. Unexpected things always bring bigger excitement, don’t they?

 

Annyeonghaseyo. Apink Son Naeun imnida,” she said smiling calmly while staring at the audience, “bangabseumnida (nice to meet you),” she bowed.

 

Welcome, Naeun-ssi. Please take a seat next to Taemin-ssi,”

Naeun took a seat next to the man who had been smiling and looking at her in her eyes, which was why her cheeks blushed rose pink the entire time until she sat down. The two were sitting beside each other in one couch.

 

The MC asked about Naeun’s recent activities, among them were starring in some commercials and dramas. The talks leaded to how the introvert iron-walled woman Apink Son Naeun had changed so much to became the queen of commercials.

 

Come to think of it, the both of you have changed a lot. You starred on We Got Married as the ‘first love couple’, the pure and innocent couple. The awkward couple that turned to be lovey-dovey,” the MC said.

 

Taemin answered, “Yes, we changed a lot since then. Actually, We Got Married is the starting point of our change.”

The MC asked, “our?

Yes. Both of us. This is the story I want to share tonight, about me and Naeun.”

 

Some audiences gasped in low voices.

 

Our ‘first-love’ concept in We Got Married was succeeded. Naeun and I who hadn’t our first loves yet, finally got ours.

 

We fell in love with each other, and... we dated for a while.”

 

The studio went into silence.

 

Some fans might expect it already, that we dated,” Taemin continued. Some audiences nodded in aggreement.

 

We supported each other a lot. We both wanted to improve as an artist. I’ve always been ambitious, but dating Naeun boosted my spirit even more. We were each other’s strength,” Taemin said, his eyes were unfocused staring at nowhere, as if he was daydreaming. Naeun beside him lowered her face. We finally said it.

 

Realized the turning down atmosphere, the MC suddenly interrupted, “actually, our staffs prepared some things in order to support our guests’ story tonight.”

 

He put out a big photo grip of Taemin and Naeun. Taemin on the right side from his Danger promotion era and Naeun on the left side from Apink’s Remember promotion era.

there was rumor between fans that this silver bracelet was one of your couple things.

 

Grin appeared on Taemin’s lips. “Whoa, as expected, this show is incredible,” he said that brought Naeun’s hand to hit his arms, which made the MC laughed.

 

The MC laughed, “Well, we knows everything including low ground rumours.”

He continued, “It was first wore by Taemin-ssi but apparently, Naeun-ssi wore it longer. When Naeun-ssi stopped wearing the bracelet, it rumoured to be the time when your break up happened.”

 

Taemin chuckled, before he answered, “it was mine. It’s a rosary bracelet, which I gave to Naeun as a charm to protect her when I couldn’t.”

 

Ah, the same purpose as your wooden bracelet in We Got Married?

Oh, you watched it!”, Taemin screamed in joy. Naeun could only cover her face with her hands when he continued to answer, “Yes, it is. But the silver one doesn’t have a pair, it’s an one piece.

 

The MC continued, “Naeun-ssi wore this silver bracelet for quite a long time, more or less 3 consecutive years?

 

Yes I did,” Naeun finally spoke up.

 

I’m sure your fans are all aware of the bracelet. Because you wore it anytime and anywhere, even when you shot commercials and some shows with your members, and even to music stage!” Naeun just nodded in response, the MC continued asking,

 Why was that, Naeun-ssi?

 

Naeun was surprised. Noticed her confusion, the MC explained his question, “I mean, weren’t you being too obvious?

Naeun-ssi does SNS and often updates, even in the photos you uploaded you wore the bracelet. Were you being careless on purpose?” Hearing this, Taemin couldn’t contain his chuckle. Naeun was getting nervous about the question, but Taemin’s chuckle took her attention to the latter.

 

There he was staring at her again, smiling.

 

Her eyes widened. He really believed that we can do this, happily. Why am I being so frustrated?

 

She turned her eyes to the audience and started to talk,

Oppa and I are both Catholics. We wear rosary rings and bracelets ever since we were very young. That’s why my fans are familiar with me wearing them, so are Oppa’s. It’s originally religion reason, at the same time it also reminds me of Oppa. I wore it everytime because I wanted to, I got comforts.

 

After the long serious answer, she grinned, “so, well yes, I was being careless on purpose!” which brought audiences to laugh. From the corner of her eyes, she could see the man beside her smiled proudly of her.

 

He wants me to enjoy. Naeun continued, “and about the reason I stopped wearing it, ... it’s true, that was the time we broke up.

 

That makes your dating period was... 5 years?” The MC asked.

Yes.” both answered at one time.

Woah, that’s quite long!” as the MC exclaimed, so did the audiences. “Five years is sure a long time, right, everyone? Moreover, they are both idols.

 

The MC fixed his position, his hand on his chin, “aren’t you guys curious about how they survived? For me, I’m REALLY curious!” the audiences laughed at his pose and intonation, even the two guests next to him.

 

Naeun straightened her back, turned her eyes to the man beside her, “I wanted to answer first.” Taemin nodded in surprise. As she got the ‘permission’ she asked, she started,

the same case as the bracelet earlier, I actually gave a lot of signs and codes. They really were a LOT, especially from my SNS. I actually got a lot of comment teasing me and Oppa everytime I showed my codes, but it’s safe as long as I don’t respond to them, so why bother?” She broke with her shy laugh.

 

Taemin smiled, “You know, I just started my public SNS recently. Actually, we both agreed that I couldn’t have my SNS earlier because I’m really no good in keeping secrets!” He also laughed.

 

The MC laughed joining them, he looked really excited, “Naeun-ssi, I’m curious, what were some of your secret codes?

 

Naeun answered as if it was nothing, “well, they were really simple things, like polishing my nails with colors similiar to Oppa’s group, SHINee’s color,” she looked like she was thinking for more, “posting photos as a support form for Oppa! When his albums were released, or other special occasions,” the audiences listened to her in full attention, as they were so curious about celebrity dating methods.

 

The MC asked, “and, did Taemin-ssi get the supports?

Taemin exclaimed, smiling widely, “of course I did!” turned his head slightly to the woman beside him, he continued, “wasn’t she cute, giving codes like that?

 

Naeun felt her cheeks get warm, then Taemin turned back his head while saying, “we survived long because of this sweet side of her. I really felt like I was loved. I mean, her wearing the bracelet shows her affection for me, and she wore it everyday without fail! How to be happier than me??” his last sentence brought warm laughs entire the studio. But for the woman beside him, the warm spreaded to her entire face.

Oppa, what are you saying...,” she said, once again covering her face with her hands.

 

The audiences must be feeling warm by these two’s cuteness.

 

Still smiling, the MC asked, “then this must be one of your codes, Naeun-ssi?” he showed a picture of one of Naeun’s Instagram story updates. She promoted Apink’s album by showing her screenshot of PERCENT album playlist through Melon music application.

 

Taemin and Naeun smiled looking at the picture. The MC continued, “you were looking through your album, but your ‘now playing bar’ showed SHINee’s album! You must been through a lot after updating this one!” again, the MC’s exclaim arouse laughs to the entire studio.

 

Naeun smiled, “Oppa needed a lot of supports that time. So, well, yes I got a lot of DMs from fans asking for explanations,” she laughed.

 

It was in 2018. Not long after that, you broke up?

 

Taemin answered, “Yes we did. One of the things I want to clear up here is... that we broke up in good terms. We didn’t cause anything bad to each other, instead we thought a lot about this. Seeing how we got busier and busier, we need a break.”

 

I don’t want people to misunderstand. I hope everyone can treat us well as we’re completely fine, nothing bad is between us two.

 

Taemin’s statement brought heavy atmosphere to the studio.

 

Naeun decided to continue, “after being together in such a long time, we want to be ‘free’. It’s not that we felt prisoned when dating, but, I’m sure everyone knows how it feels. Even marriage couples need a break, don’t they? They would feel frustrated at each other. We’re not an exception.”

 

Naeun was gazing at nowhere, but she suddenly smiled a little, “...that was the MORE honest reason.

 

Taemin turned his head to her fast, then back to the audience, “hey, my explanation was also honest!” that his one sentence finally brought back the laughs.

 

Naeun looked like she was contemplating a little, before finally spoke,

I’m a jealous type of girlfriend. Even if it’s just for a show, I get jealous. That’s why to keep me from being jealous, Oppa played safe. Isn’t it strange, the solo artist with charismatic concept as him didn’t do any y dance with any woman?” Naeun chuckled.

 

after our break up, Oppa started showing his ‘new side’ to his fans. He said himself that he had no girlfriend to his fans during fanmeet, he did performances with woman dancer, and he did the collaboration stage with woman idol. As if he was finally free, he did more sensual and intimate routines with opposite gender.” Naeun said, laughing bitterly. Naeun hurriedly exclaimed, “don’t get me wrong, it’s such a relief for me! Seeing Oppa’s finally free, it’s such a relief.” She smiled.

 

Naeun-ah...,” Taemin frowned.

 

“...that’s not true.” He said in a low voice, but loud enough for the two people nearest him to turn their heads to him.

 

Those have nothing to do with our break up. It’s actually just the right moment for me to grab the more mature concept.”

 

 Instead, I’d like to see you being extremely jealous because of me. Jealous you is so cute, you know.” As if he had forgot that he was the center of cameras rolling, he starred only at her eyes. The MC noticed their gazes,

 

looks like misunderstandings even happen to the guests themselves...

 

Thanks to our extremely special guests tonight, we had such a good time, didn’t we? Whatever waits for us in the future, we wish happiness for the both of you.

The MC started the closing statement, brought some agree nods from the audiences.

 

He suddenly continued, smirking,

from what I see, I think it’s not really the end for the both of you? I can see loves all over your eyes.

 

Of course, his unexpected tease made the audiences excited once again for the last time, while Taemin and Naeun could only stare at each other once again before immediately breaking it.