Chapter Two

House Spirit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People said that if we sleep in front of the house spirit's home, they will drag us away.

I wanted to test whether it was true or not. So one afternoon, I put a nylon folding bed in front of the house spirit's shrine, then I climbed to sleep on it.

I had heard that the house spirit would not come to us directly, they would come in our dreams; hence, I tried to close my eyes to fall asleep. 

I stayed in bed for more than twenty minutes, but I could not sleep, or even shut my eyes. My feeling seemed to tell me that I needed to move away, but I tried to against this feeling, I told myself to keep staying here - because I wanted to see how the house spirit dragged me away.

But the stronger I tried to refuse, the stronger I felt unwell inside my body. I could not describe that feeling. I just knew that I could not stay peacefully.

At last, I was defeated. I moved the folding bed away from the shrine. 

Strange. Just moved away, immediately, the hardship inside my body was removed.

After that event, I believed that I was really chased away by my house spirit. And I never slept before his shrine anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter