II

A Memory Never Forgotten

Narrator’s Point of View:

The bell rang for lunch and You ran outside to the sand pit to meet Yoseob there. “________-ahhh lets go eat umma made us kimbap!” He yelled while sitting on the bench. As I walked over to him I heard a scream coming from the far corner, so I quickly ran over there to see a boy around our age getting bullied by year four boys “YOU THINK YOUR SOOOO GOOD LOOKING BUT MY MUM SAID I’M A PRINCE!” “YEAHHH EVEN THE GIRL I LIKE SAID THAT HIS THE BEST LOOKING BOY IN THE SCHOOL!!” You laughed at the reasons for them to hit him but you had to make them stop being so mean to him so you screamed at the top of your lungs “HEYYY YOU!!!! GO AND PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN AGE OR I’M GOING TO TELL MY OPPA!! AND HE IS REALLLLLLYYY BIG!” they froze for a second then scatted all over the school. Yoseob started to laugh seeing the whole scene and looked at the boy on the ground but you got over to him to help him up before Yoseob could start asking questions. “th-th-thank y-you..” he managed to mumble out while you helped him up to get back on his feet. “Annyo I’m Yoseob and this girl who helped you is ________” Yoseob popped out, the boy just peaked up and looked away “What’s your name?” You asked “we-well my umma told me not to tell anyone my name…” Yoseob laughed then remind you that lunch might be over soon, so the both of you ran off but you remember about the boy and ran back and asked him “Do you want to join?” he nodded shyly and the three of your went to eat your lunch.

-----------------

“Soooo how old are you?”Yoseob asked with a mouth full of kimbap

“I’m seven years old.”

“You are?? that means you are one year older then us!” you quickly blurted, the little boy giggled at your cuteness

“How old are the both of you?”

“We’re six years old, obviously” Yoseob replied for you, you stepped on his foot angrily looking at him

“You have no manners oppa!”

“heh heh mianhae ________-ahhhh” he said with a pouty face.

*DING DING DING* (bell sound)

“ommo lunch is already over, let’s quickly go to class I don’t want to be late! Hurry oppas” and the three of you ran off hand in hand to class

------------------

 “Class today we will join the grade one and prep so the year one students can help you and you can make new friends” the teacher cheerfully cheered. Soon after a class of year ones came running in to yours and Yoseob’s class, in the crowd of people you spotted the boy you met earlier “OPPA look it’s the boy we saw before!”

“oh it is I really wonder what his name is hmmmmm”

“well we can’t make him tell us.”

“Okay class this is Miss Yang and she is a teacher of the grade one students, now greet her.” Your teacher said

“ANNYO MISS YANG!” the whole class screamed, as soon as everyone stopped Yoseob’s hand shot right up and waited to be called on

“Yessss yoseob?”

“MISS YANG DID YOU KNOWW THAT I HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME AS YOU WE COULD BE RELATED!”

“hahaha yes maybe we could be. Well back to the topic today a grade one will go with a prep student and you will draw a picture together and explain to class what it is about.” All the students cheered and quickly split up yoseob went with a very pretty girl and you went over to the boy from before “annoy oppa, do you want to be my partner?” He nodded with the most adorable smile then the both of you ran off to a table to start drawing. “Oppa I want a dragon to be in our picture and a flower. He laughed and agreed the both of you tried your best but it wasn’t the best but you were still happy about it.

“okay class everyone did very good and now we will present to everyone our pictures” Miss yang called. The pairs started off then it came to you “okay so what did you two draw?”

We drew a dragon and flower since dragons are like big and powerful and flowers are prettyyy!” You replied while he held up the picture. “That’s a a very nice drawing, don’t you think class?” “NAEE” the class replied you got flustered over the comment. “_________-ahh did most of the work Miss Yang”, the mystery boy he gave you most of the credit when he actually drew most of it. He was your first love…