Always be

Such a Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three years have passed since that day happened, the day akura left with no goodbye’s or anything else to Chaeyeon. Since that day, Chaeyeon haven’t been doing anything but work her off, studied hard or whatever there is to be done to not to think about that day. Her friends heard about Sakura leaving, and they did everything to console their friend. Also, as Chaeyeon broke down to them, she had told them everything, and what I meant by everything means including what happened that night. They were shocked at first, but their friend is more important. Those first days were tough, Chaeyeon would often space out and they would call for her a lot of time before she would respond. Until, day by day, she got better. She got out of her shell and did everything she can to pass and to graduate, fortunately she did. 


She’s one of the best doctors and one of the most respected in the hospital she’s working at. Alongside with her friends of course. 


“Why don’t you have a break for a while, Chaeyeon?” Hyewon suggested. 


She looked at the other two and they agreed, “Suddenly?” she replied and ate some portion of the food on her plate. 


“It’s not sudden” Chaewon replied, “We have been trying to set you up on a vacation Chae and you have been trying to dismiss it everytime we try and tell you to” she added. 


“Hey, what’s with the aggressive stance?” Chaeyeon replied and all of them just rolled their eyes at her. She chuckled, “Fine” 


Her three friends just looked at her, well two, Hyewon continued eating but her eyes were on Chaeyeon, “no taking back of words, Lee Chaeyeon” Yena said. 


“What are you guys planning anyway?” Chaeyeon eyed them suspiciously. 


“We aren’t planning anything dear friend, if we would plan something, It would be where you could unwind and let go of your current responsibilities, It’s been three years Chae” Hyewon said and Yena tried to shut her up. 


But Chaeyeon smiled, “It’s fine Yena, Hye’s not wrong either. It’s been three years of me trying to get her out of my mind, yes I have been successful at times since I have been busy at work, but when I’m alone she just comes back and I hate it that she doesn’t need to do anything but I still think of her and you all know what I feel.....even after all this time.” she confessed. 


Her friend knew about it, Hell, they aren’t friend for nothing. They know that Chaeyeon has been masking what she feels and knows that she’s using her work to cover it. They just let her go with it, if that’s what helps her then that’s fine with them. That what are friends for right? Be there for each other. 


“And maybe a break is what I need” she added. 


Her three friends nodded at her, “Ah this was what we’ve been planning” and they showed her what she needed for a trip, a plain ticket. 


She received from them with her a crease on her forehead, “When have you started planning for this?” 


Chaewon dismissed the question and waved her hand, “That’s not important anyway” 


Chaeyeon shrugged and looked at the ticket, “Rome?” 


“That’s a very great place and it was suggested by someone” Yena answered her. 


“Have you guys been reading my mind?” Chaeyeon asked them. 


The other three looked at her with a confused expression, “What do you mean?” 


Chaeyeon then hid the ticket inside of her coat, “I have been wanting to go to Rome for a while now” and smiled at them. 


“That’s good then! You’re leaving tonight!” said Hyewon who looked very delighted of what Chaeyeon said. 


Chaeyeon’s eyes widened, “Tonight?!” 


“YES!” her friends answered her with a very loud voice. 


“Fine fine! You don’t need to shout at me!” 


“Well your things are already in my office and we’ll just drive you at the airport later tonight” Hyewon said. 


“You guys snuck on my apartment again?” Chaeyeon questioned. 


Chaewon rolled her eyes, “My dear friend, all of us haven’t been home since yesterday for your information” 


“Oh yeah, right. Then how the hell did you guys prepare my things?” she asked them which made Hyewon sigh. 


“We contacted Yuri, you slowpoke” Yena replied. 


“You’re in no position to mock Chaeyeon, Yena” Chaewon said and Yena just pouted. Well, Yena has always been slow at catching on things that’s why they make fun of her everytime they get the chance. 


All of them just looked at Hyewon at the same time, “Do I have something on my face?” she asked, but then someone just embraced her neck from the back. As soon as she felt it, she knew why her friends were looking at her. 


“Breaktime is over, babe” then there it is, the voice of her girlfriend, Kwon Eunbi. The Chief Surgeon of their department. 


Chaeyeon, Chaewon and Yena were just trying to contain their laughs at the scene where Hyewon looked at her watch and said. “No, It has just started” and then she stood up from her seat, s her arms on Eunbi’s shoulder and pulled her away somewhere else. “Have fun, Chief!” Yena yelled and Eunbi just waved her hand back. 


“We might as well go to our stations and check our patients” Chaeyeon suggested and both of the other two agreed to her. 


“Ah, Kang Hyewon, lucky bastard” Yena blurted as she stretched. 


“You’re talking as if you don’t have a girlfriend yourself, Choi Yena” Chaeyeon replied to her nonsense talk. 


Yena shrugged, Chaeyeon and Chaewon gave each other eye signals, “I’m telling Yuri” Chaewon started, and she brought out her phone and acted like she’s dialing Yuri’s number. 


Yena then went to her and tried to grab her phone but Chaeyeon held her away, then Chaewon smirked at her. “Hello, Yuri-ah. Oh, Chaewon-unnie here” she started. 


“Yah yah yah!” Yena said trying to go away from Chaeyeon’s grip. 


“There’s something I have to say Yuri-ah” Chaewon continued acting like she’ calling someone, then Yena got out of Chaeyeon’s hold then she snatched Chaewon’s phone. 


She then started to tell things like, “Yuri baby, don’t believe anything Chaewon would say. Ever!” but then she was confused because no one was answering her. 


Yena then looked at the phone and saw nothing. She then looked at Chaewon and Chaeyeon, who was laughing and realized that she was tricked again. “Very funny” she said and rolled her eyes at them.


After Chaewon and Chaeyeon recovered from laughing, they had straight faces and went to Yena. “Let’s go buddy” said Chaeyeon gave her a pat on the back.


Chaewon snatched her phone from her, “Oops, mine!” and smiled sheepishly at Yena. Yena just was dumbfounded then she just shook her head and yelled, “Crazy es wait for me!” and ran to them. 


Just one of those moments where you see Yena not doing about it anymore because she knows they’ll gang up on her even if she tried to have her revenge. 



“You’re still wearing that ring” Yena said and pointed at her fingers. 


It was on her ring finger, she touched it and looked at Yena, “Well, Yuri told me to always wear it” Chaeyeon replied. 


Yena squinted her eyes at her, “You have a very soft spot for Yuri, you didn’t even question her why” Yena said. 


“Well she gave this to me as a gift, it’s disrespectful if I don’t use it Yena” she replied and Yena kind of agreed. 


Hyewon then put her arms on both of them and asked, “What are you guys talking about?” 


“Nothing, just talking about Chaeyeon’s ring” Yena replied. 


“Oh” Hyewon just not interested if it’s not about food or she just chose not to say anything. “Come on, Let’s bring our dear friend to the airport!” and pulled both of them to Chaewon’s car. 



“Why didn’t you guys just planned a vacation where all of us goes anyway?” Chaeyeon asked when they’re all inside their car. 


“Excuse you maam, unlike you. We already went and used our vacation day offs” Hyewon replied to Chaeyeon’s answer. 


“Yes, that’s why we have peen pursuing you to take your since last month, but you’re like a rock, you wouldn’t bulge when we tell you to!” Chaewon added and looked at her trough the rear-view mirror. 


And they heard a snore which made them all roll their eyes, Yena was fast asleep as soon as they entered Chaewon’s car. “Take a video, Chaeyeon” Hyewon suggested but Chaeyeon’s phone was already out and she’s already filming. They looked at each other and grinned. “As expected, dear friend”


“She probably talked to grandma last night, what a chatterbox” said and chuckled, Yena has always been the easiest person to talk to, she is carefree and you’ll just feel comfortable with her the moment you meet her. 


“Aigoo, this social butterfly” Chaeyeon muttered and then ended what she was filming. 


“Alright, let’s leave in peace and just wake her up once we arrive” Chaewon said. 



“CHOI YENA!” 


“What? What is it?! I’m sorry I won’t sleep again Chief!” Yena said frantically as she jolted from her seat. 


“Ah? Were you found asleep by Chief before?” Chaewon asked after they let Yena recover from that yell. 


Yena scratched her head and just looked at them, “You are crazy” Hyewon said as she shook her head and went out of the car. 


Yena also went out of the car, Chaewon and Chaeyeon followed. “Oh, come on, I’m sure you slept once on your duty too” Yena said as she was following Hyewon. 


“That hasn’t happened once, you ” Hyewon stopped on her tracks causing Yena to bump on her back, “But if were talking about sleeping, I have slept in Chief’s place already” she said and Yena looked at her disgustingly. 

“I wasn’t fishing for that but whatever” Yena said and went first. 


“You really know how to shut her up” Hyewon grinned. 


“Let’s go and bring this girl a rest she deserves” she was pertaining to Chaeyeon. 



“Have fun and come back happy, our dear friend” Hyewon said coolly while her hand’s on her pockets. 


Yena snorted, “Are you trying to be cool?” 


“No, I am usually cool, Chief’s my valid receipt” she replied and Chaewon just shook her head. 


The two continued to bicker and Chaewon just went to Chaeyeon who was laughing at at them, “Those two seriously” 


“Well, there would be no fun without them” Chaeyeon replied, oh well. 


“That’s true” Chaewon smiled then she shifted her attention to Chaeyeon, “You have fun there and take care of yourself, we also assigned you to someone who would guide you at the meantime” 


“Okay” Chaeyeon nodded. 


“Hey, stop bickering and say anything you want to tell her if you have!” Chaewon yelled at the two and they immediately stopped. 


“I already told her what I wanted to say” Hyewon said, “Well, other than what Hyewon said, I don’t have anything to add” Yena added. 


“Okay guys, let’s go home and get some rest for ourselves!” Chaewon said and pulled the two by putting her arms on their shoulders. 


Chaeyeon was about to go, when she heard Hyewon yell, “Chaeyeon-ah! We hope you’ll have a happy life after this!” and then she ran away, catching up to Yena and Chaewon who didn’t stop walking when she decided to stop and yell at Chaeyeon. 


Chaeyeon smiled and whispered. “I hope so too” 


...


Her friends have seemed to have bought a non-stop flight for her, so after 11 hours and 30 minutes of flight, she arrived at Fiumicino International Airport. She immediately saw a cardboard with her name on it and she went near the person holding. 


The person bowed to her and she also bowed to him, “My name is Juno, Chaeyeon-ssi” and offered his hand for a handshake. “I’ll be your guide for tomorrow, but for now I’ll take you to the hotel for you to have your rest”


“Thank you, Juno” and she shook his hand. 


“Let’s go, Chaeyeon-ssi” and ushered her out of the airport to their car. 


And when they went inside of the car, she took a good look on Juno, she squinted her eyes like she’s realizing something, “Juno” she called for him. 


Juno looked at him and he strangely looks familiar, “What is it?” 


“Have we met before? You look very familiar to me” she told her. 


Juno shook her head, “I don’t think we have met before Chaeyeon-ssi, I have been here in Rome for a long time and I haven’t been in South Korea” he cleared. 


Chaeyeon nodded and said, “I’m probably hallucinating out of tiredness” 


Juno smiled and he’s face really feels familiar for some matter, she just shrugged and looked outside. 


...


After a while, they arrived at the hotel, “I’ll be waiting here for tomorrow, Chaeyeon-ssi. May you have a good rest” He said and bowed. 


“You’re too formal. Juno. You can just call me Chaeyeon” she offered. 


“I’m afraid I can’t do that Chaeyeon-ssi” Juno said while smiling. 


Chaeyeon titled her head, meaning she’s confused. “Why not?” 


Juno chuckled, “Someone wouldn’t like it” Chaeyeon was about to ask about who would that someone be but Juno beat her to it, “I’ll take my leave then” Chaeyeon nodded. 


“Weird” she muttered before entering the Hotel. 



“Oh God, I’m beat” she said as she plopped herself on her bed, not having energy to even take a bath or anything. 


But if she would be doing anything else, it would be informing her friends she already arrived. She typed, “I already arrived, my dear friends but I’m tired so talk to you guys tomorrow!” and dropped her phone on the bedside then she went to sleep.


 

“Good morning, Chaeyeon-ssi, did you have a good rest?” Juno said to Chaeyeon as she went closer to him. 


Chaeyeon smiled to Juno and said, “Good morning Juno, Yes I did” 


He then opened the car door for her, “Thank you” said Chaeyeon and then she went in. 


“We’ll be going by car for now, but we well be walking afterwards Chaeyeon-ssi, is that alright?” Juno asked. 


Chaeyeon agreed, “I like walking better actually, that’s fine” and then Juno drove off. 



“If Eiffel Tower is to Paris, then what is to Rome?” Juno asked as they first arrived to the first attraction. “The Flavian Amphitheater, better known to the world as the Colosseum, is the most universally recognized icon in Rome” he continued and Chaeyeon was listening. 


“Do you want me to take a photo of you, Chaeyeon-ssi?” Juno asked and Chaeyeon nodded and gave her phone but Juno brought out his camera. “Take a pose, Chaeyeon-ssi” he said and Chaeyeon did, after a few shots, He showed it Chaeyeon. 


“Wow, you’re good, Juno” and took the camera from him and looked at the photos he took. 


Juno chuckled, “Well I should be, I’m a professional photographer, it’s my job Chaeyeon-ssi” 


Again, Chaeyeon titled her head, “Hmm? Then why are you my tour guide?” she asked. 


“Let’s just say, it’s a favor I need to comply” he said and continued talking about the Colosseum, not giving a chance for Chaeyeon to ask anymore. “Let’s continue, shall we?” and they started to walk. 


“Despite damage by fire, earthquake, and neglect, as well as its conversion into a fortress of the Frangipani family, the pillaging of its stone for construction of palaces, and the constant pollution of modern traffic around it, the Colosseum still creates a powerful impression of its original form.

Same as to people, when it comes to love, how many times you get hurt, how many times your heart get shattered, that love would always be back, because that’s how love is” he said and looked at the structure in front of him. 


“You really think so that love always comes back?” Chaeyeon asked as she listened to what Juno said, well she felt familiar with what he said.


Juno shrugged, “Well it might be different with each person, that love is up to the person who wants it, if they want that love to be strong like the Colosseum or fragile like a glass, it’s up to them” he further explained. 


Chaeyeon smiled, “You’re right, Juno” 


“We are getting sidetracked and we just finished the first attraction” Juno said while laughing. 


Chaeyeon shrugged, “I like it though, it’s boring just listening to the facts” she said which made Juno laugh so hard. 


“Oh God, that was funny------” Juno said and whispered the last words. 


“Hmm?” 


Juno dismissed her by waving his hand, “It’s nothing, Let’s go inside. We’ll take some more pictures” and they actually did. 


 

“Okay, we are here in Roman Forum or Foro Romano. I don’t know if you’re going like it if I’m going to talk about history” and he looked at Chaeyeon, “I’m sensing you don’t want to listen to it” he joked. 


Chaeyeon snorted, “You could tell me a little bit about it, I’ll listen” she said. 


“The Roman Forum was where religious and public life in ancient Rome took place. The Forum is, along with the Colosseum which we visited earlier, the greatest sign of the splendor of the Roman Empire that can be seen today


After the fall of the Empire, the Roman Forum was forgotten and little by little it was buried under the earth. Although in the 16th century the existence and location of the Forum was already known, it was not until the 20th century that excavations were carried out.


Interestingly, the place where the Forum was built was originally a marshy area. In the 6th century B.C. the area was drained by means of the Cloaca Maxima, one of the first sewer systems in the world” he paused for a bit. “We’ll you see, something unpleasant from the past can be something great in the future” 


“You keep on spouting beautiful phrases, Juno” Chaeyeon said, well the phrase caught Chaeyeon’s attention.  


He added something else though that struck Chaeyeon’s thoughts, “We’ll again, if that something, was something that you have never considered unpleasant in the first place then, it just needs to be better like how this place got better” 


“It’s just needs to be better” Chaeyeon muttered. “Where do you pull out those kinds of words anyway?” she asked. 


Juno grinned, “It’s a family trait” he said. 


“Then all of you are good speakers then?” Chaeyeon asked further.


“Yes, my little sister is actually the best when it comes to speaking her thought though” 


Chaeyeon trailed for a bit before speaking, “I know someone who’s good at speaking too” Juno nodded telling her he’s listening, “She was my bestfriend, well she still is for me” 


“Something happened which made us break apart from each other, partly I was at fault but I can’t fully blame her of what she did, like what you said earlier, what happened was never displeasing in the first place, we just didn’t know how to handle it, so I want it to be better but I don’t know how” 


“Well wounds from the past can be something significant for a person to grow and realize, that’s good, you’re good for accepting it” Juno said. 


Chaeyeon looked at her and said, “I kind of want to punch you right now?” 


“What the hell? Suddenly?” Juno said and did a defensive stance. 


Chaeyeon pursed her lips, “Well, your words are so spot-on like you already know what I’m talking about” 


Juno wheezed, “Come on, let’s take some photos and afterwards, we’ll have our lunch” he offered. 



 They ate lunch near the Piazza de Spagna, so you already know where they’re going next. 


“Well, here we are, Piazza de Spagna the historic center of Rome, with so many art-filled churches, resplendent palaces, and lively squares that you could spend your whole vacation strolling its ancient streets and lanes” Juno stated, “Well we could just stroll around here, I’ll just follow you to place you’ll want to go, I’ll be here and there, you just walk freely like I’m not here, so that I can take some photos” 


“Should I change profession and be a model instead?” Chaeyeon joked and she started walking. 


“Well, maybe you should” Juno played along. 


“Nah, my friends will kill me” Chaeyeon replied and chuckled. 


“Are your friends, scary?” Juno asked out of curiosity.


“Hyewon and Chaewon, yeah? Well you’ll probably get along well with Yena” she stated.  


“How about your bestfriend?” He asked which made Chaeyeon to stop on her tracks. 


She trailed for a bit, trying to find the right words, “I don’t know, I told you about her earlier, but we haven’t met for 3 long years already” and continued walking. 


Juno felt the atmosphere was kind of a little bit heavy so he changed the topic by telling Chaeyeon little things, the afternoon was just filled with littile talks and Chaeyeons shots. It was already near nighttime when Juno decided to take Chaeyeon somewhere else. 


“This is the Trevi Fountain, the most beautiful fountain in Rome” 

“The origins of the fountain go back to the year 19 B.C., in which period the fountain formed the end of the Aqua Virgo aqueduct. The first fountain was built during the Renaissance, under the direction of Pope Nicholas V.


The final appearance of the Trevi Fountain dates from 1762, when after many years of works at the hand of Nicola Salvi, it was finalized by Giuseppe Pannini.


Interestingly enough, the name of Trevi derives from Tre Vie (three ways), since the fountain was the meeting point of three streets.”


Then Juno showed him three coins, “What are you going to do with that?” Chaeyeon asked. 


“Do you know the movie, Three Coins in the Fountain?” Juno asked. 


“Oh that, yes I know it” 


“The first is that the throwing of a coin from the right hand over the left shoulder will ensure that you will return to Rome in the future, that’s one coin” Juno started and showed another coin.


“Two coins, ensure you to fall in love with someone you’ll meet in Rome” and he showed the last coin. 


“Three, you’ll marry the person you’ll meet” 


“You kind of tweaked the one for two coins Juno, isn’t that supposed to be you’ll fall in love with a roman you’ll meet?” Chaeyeon asked. 


Juno snorted, “It’s a myth either way, as if the fountain would suggest the person you’ll fall in love with, what if it’s not a Roman, but you’ve met in Rome?” 


“I should have probably shut up and shouldn’t have asked my question, I can’t beat you with talking” Chaeyeon shook her head. 


“Well, I guess I’ll throw the coins” Chaeyeon said and threw one but someone prevented it from dropping in the fountain.


“You don’t need to throw any coin here, you already have me” said the person who took her coin. 


Chaeyeon looked at the person with wide eyes as she recognized the voice. “Sakura?”


Sakura smiled at her and looked at Juno, “Thank you big bro for accompanying my bestfriend” and then she punched her big bro. 


“What was that for lil sis?!” Juno said and rubbed his arms. 


“Why did you instruct her to throw coins in the Trevi Fountain?!” 


“I didn’t tell her to, I just told her about the myth!” 


Chaeyeon was dumbfounded to even process what’s happening in front of her. “wait a minute!” Chaeyeon said after processing for a bit. “How do you know each other?” well maybe not. 


Juno looked at Sakura and she nodded giving his brother permission to introduce himself, He smiled at Chaeyeon, “Hello sis-in-law” he said and Sakura elbowed his sides, “fine!” 


He smiled at Chaeyeon again and introduced himself, “Hello Chaeyeon, I’m Miyawaki Juno, your bestfriend’s older brother” Once again, Chaeyeon was dumbfounded and was hanging open. She finally realized why the hell Juno felt familiar to her the very first time they met.


Juno looked at his watch, “Time to go back to the hotel” he said. 


“Hey” Sakura called for Chaeyeon who was spacing out. 


“Oh yeah” lol they were walking side by side and it was awkward as . 



The whole ride was silent and Juno was trying to contain his laugh but it came out, in the form of a chuckle, Sakura heard it and glared at him, “Tsk, why are you glaring at your older brother?” 


“Older brother my ” she replied and rolled her eyes. 


Chaeyeon was listening and smiled at how Juno and Sakura were bickering, Juno looked at the rear-view mirror and caught Chaeyeon smiling, there she knew she was in a bit of a trouble. 


“Oh! Look even Chaeyeon-ssi is smiling, how about you erase that crease on your forehead and smile” the moment Sakura heard that Chaeyeon was smiling her face went red. 


And it was wrong timing as Juno looked at her once again, “Ohhh! Little Sakura is blushing!” confirmed, the older Miyawaki is a prankster. 


“Shut up duffus!” said Sakura and was about to land a punch but, “Hey hey! I’m driving!” so she retracted her fist. 


Chaeyeon just shook her head of what she’s seeing, but then she still hasn’t processed everything. Why of all the times available, she’ll meet Sakura in a place she never expected her to be in. Did her friends knew about it? but her friends hate Sakura, of what she did to her. 


“Ah, whatever” she let out because of frustration, but she didn’t know she spoke it out loud so the Miyawaki siblings looked at her and she immediately shook her head and waved her hands, “No, no, it’s nothing” 


“You looked stupid doing what you just did, Jjayeon-ah” said Sakura and she just spaced out again, how long has it been since she heard that name. 


She missed it. She missed her. 


“Hey sis, she spaced out again” Juno said after looking back through the rear-view mirror. 


“Shut up and leave her alone, will you?” In their sibling relationship, If you didn’t know who’s the older one, you’ll probably think Sakura is older that Juno. 


“fine~” and he silently drove to the hotel. 


...


After a few minutes of driving they arrived to the hotel where Chaeyeon is staying. 


“Okay, I still have other responsibilities to do, so Sakura would you inside” he then looked at her little sister, “So now, lil sis, the lo----” Sakura elbowed his stomach before he could say anything. Chaeyeon gasped. 


Sakura glared at her brother but her brother embraced him and said “Goodluck, lil sis” then he kissed her forehead, Sakura hesistated but she also hugged her brother back and thanked him for the favor she asked him for. Chaeyeon saw all of this and she thought Sakura was still the same tsundere girl she met before. 


Juno turned to Chaeyeon and then told her, “Have a nice night, Chaeyeon” and ruffled her hair. 


“Jjaeyeon-ah, let’s go” Sakura said, and she said, “Oh, okay” and after walking for a bit she looked back and mouthed “Thank you” to Juno and Juno have a thumbs up. 

 

When they went inside of the hotel, some of the employees were bowing at them so Chaeyeon whispered to Sakura, “Why are the employees bowing?” 


“Ah, didn’t nii-san tell you this was his hotel?” 


“What?!” She said out loud. “Oh sorry, I thought he was a photographer”


Sakura snorted, “That’s his other job, Father allowed him to have that as long as he keeps the hotel in shape, which well you can see, he’s good at” Sakura explained further. 


“I had a hotel owner to guide me around Rome and also take picture of me” she muttered. 


“Well, I wouldn’t allow nor trust anyone else guiding you around Rome” Sakura replied. 


“What do you mean?” Chaeyeon replied as they arrived at her hotel room. 


“Let’s talk later, other than that I have lots to tell and explain” Sakura said and opened the door for Chaeyeon. 



After eating the dinner by room service, which happened awkwardly like they didn’t know if the food was even good or not, if they really ate or not. Sakura was now standing beside the wall and Chaeyeon is sitting on the couch. 


“Let’s talk then/Let’s talk then” they said at the same time. 


“Okay, me first/Okay, me first” again, they talked in unison. 


“You first then/You first then” oh well. 


They cannot contain their laughs, they laughed hard until they had to catch their breaths, “I missed you, Jjaeyon-ah” Sakura said as she recovered from laughing. Chaeyeon stiffened for a bit she smiled afterwards, “I’ve missed you too, Saku-chan” 


“If we’re going to talk, atleast sit beside me” Chaeyeon said and tapped the space beside her. Sakura hesitated for a bit but went to Chaeyeon afterwards. 


“I’m sorry” Sakura started talking. “I’m sorry for leaving without telling anything or maybe just a simple goodbye” she continued. 


“I’m sor---” Chaeyeon was about to apologize too but Sakura cut her off. 


“No, for what I ever did, for everything I did, I don’t think you owe me any apology at all, Jjaeyeon-ah” she said, and Chaeyeon just looked at her. “I ruined our friendship because of the love I thought was real” she wasn’t looking at Chaeyeon, she just sighed, “I was a fool for thinking that, that love was greater than the friendship we had, hell I don’t even know if I can call that love” she continued. 


"Yeah, you are a fool." Chaeyeon whispered playfully but Sakura heard, well, it came out as a joke. 


Chaeyeon was listening to whatever would Sakura was telling. “You were busy fixing the wall I kept on ruining without a break, and when I think about it, I was stupid and ” 


Sakura felt a hand on her cheek and her eyes opened wide and Chaeyeon was smiling at her when Chaeyeon faced her to her, “Sakura” 


“We were young, we were foolish, I know. But I don’t think I can allow you to call yourself stupid or and whatsoever unpleasant things you’ll ever call yourself” she said before letting go of Sakura’s face. 


Chaeyeon then started talking, “What happened that night, I didn’t regret even----” 


“I love you” Sakura said, and it was Chaeyeon’s turn to face her wide-eyed. 


“Those words I left you that day before you shooed me away” she glanced at Chaeyeon, “I thought those words the right words to be told, I thought I was protecting our friendship when I said that” she continued saying but Chaeyeon was out of words. 


“Turns out you were the one I have ever loved but I weighed all of the possibilities of us being apart and I didn’t like it, turns out I was protecting nothing when I thought I was protecting our friendsh-----” before she could continue was she was about to say, Chaeyeon’s lips was on hers, Chaeyeon was on her lap kissing her aggressively, and didn’t waste anytime and kissed her with same weight as Chaeyeon did. 


Sakura stood up, and Chaeyeon’s legs was on Sakura’s hips for support, Chaeyeon let out a moan, Sakura smiled in between when she heard it. She then brought Chaeyeon to her room. 



What happened that night happened again, and Chaeyeon was wide awake when she realized what happened last night. She was about to sit up straight but Sakura pulled her back. “No” Sakura said and hugged her from the back making her the little spoon. 


“If you’re thinking about that day, put those thoughts away, that unpleasant day, I made it better, we’ve made it better” Sakura said and Chaeyeon faced her. 


“How do you know those words?” 


“Brother gave me a listening device, so everything you have said yesterday, I know all of it” she said then she opened her eyes. She then moved over Chaeyeon and gave her the envelope. 


Chaeyeon looked at it and Sakura said, “You’re invited to my wedding” Sakura said and Chaeyeon’s eyes widened. 


She slapped Sakura, and immediately put on her clothes while walking out, and Sakura also stood up and wore her long sleeves, “What the , she misunderstood” she muttered before following. 


“Jjayeon-ah!” she called for her. 


“You slept with me and told me things but you’re getting married, you were right about yourself, you are a and stupid!” she shouted. 


Chaeyeon was walking fast, “yah! Jjaeyeon-ah!” 


“I promised my friends I’d be happy after this vacat----” 


Sakura caught her and pinned her on the wall, Chaeyeon was struggling but she can’t get away from Sakura’s grip. “Listen to me first!” 


“No!” 


“When the hell did you become this stubborn?!” 


“Shut up you ! I was always stubborn! Let me go you stupid!” 


“Yah! LEE CHAEYEON, YOU’RE THE ONE I’M GETTING MARRIED TO!” Sakura yelled and Chaeyeon stopped struggling and just looked at her. 


Chaeyeon pushed her, “How is that even possible?!” 


Sakura then pointed at her ring, “What about it?” Chaeyeon asked while raising her brows at Sakura. 


Sakura catched her breath first before talking again, “That’s my ring” she stated. 


“How did Yuri’s gift become your ring?” she asked. 


She then showed her finger which shows the same ring as hers and once again Chaeyeon’s eyes widened. “Haven’t you questioned Yuri’s intention of giving you a ring and telling you to wear it on your ring finger?” she further asked. “Jjayeon-ah, I’ve bought that ring last year, I gave it to Yuri last year, I was in Korea last year!” 


“and who would I even marry?” she asked. 


“Well, you’ve stayed here in Rome, you must have found someone here” 


“Bull! I was busy loving you from afar!” Sakura yelled and Chaeyeon blushed. 


Chaeyeon glared at her, “Then you should have told it to me first thing!” 


“As If you gave me the chance to” Sakura defended herself, “You just slapped me and went away” 

 

Oh, considering the slapped was so hard, Chaeyeon then went to Sakura and caressed her cheeks, “I’m sorry” she said. 


Sakura held Chaeyeon’s hand, and told her “It’s fine” she then pulled her back to their bedroom and said, “Let’s continue sleeping, I’ve used a lot of energy early in the morning” 

...


Morning came again in Rome and Chaeyeon is wide awake and is staring at Sakura who is peacefully sleeping. She then put one hand on Sakura’s face and started to caress it, she kept on doing this everytime she had the chance to do it, it’s like she’s confirming if everything that’s happening is real and not a dream. She then saw a smile form in Sakura’s face and Sakura held her hand. 


“This isn’t a dream, Jjayeon-ah” Sakura said and she slowly opened her eyes. 


Chaeyeon smiled back, “I hope so” she said which made Sakura chuckle. 


“Fine, you can hold my face as much as you want” Sakura offered. They stared at each other for a while, “I’m not going away anymore, Jjaeyeon-ah” Sakura said and Chaeyeon began to tear up. 


Sakura was baffled when she saw Chaeyeon tear up, “Hey” she said and wiped Chaeyeon’s tears away. “Why are you crying?” she asked, and Chaeyeon shook her head. 


“I don’t know, I just…” she trailed, “I don’t know” she continued. 


Sakura then hugged her, “We are going to be fine, I’m going to make it better, I promise” she assured. “I love you” and then she kissed Chaeyeon’s forehead. 


“I love you” Chaeyeon whispered while her eyes are closed, savoring the moment. Sakura hummed. 


"I won't lose you this time." Sakura whispered to her ears, assuring Chaeyeon. 


By then, all her worries left out her mind when her soon to be wife said that. 

“Saku-chan, there’s something bugging me, and it’s making me curious” Chaeyeon said as they finished eating. 


Sakura’s ears perked, “What is it?” 


“How did you convince my friends to agree with whatever plan you created? From what I know, they hate your complete existence” she said which made Sakura make a facial expression that cannot be distinguished. 


“Why are you stating facts that burns early in the morning?” Sakura replied and Chaeyeon just shrugged at her. 


“Well, just saying?” 


“It wasn’t easy” Sakura started. “I had to beg for a while” she continued. 


Chaeyeon looked at Sakura with furrowed forehead, “you had to beg what?” 


Sakura stood up and get some water, “Well first, I had Yuri help me with Yena” 


“okay?” 


“She didn’t want to meet up with me first but I had Yuri convince her, Uh” she trailed which made Chaeyeon more curious. 


“Well she probably the easiest I had to talk to, At first she kept on glaring at me but, Yuri warned her after she left us to talk, lol she obeys Yuri like she’d get in trouble if she doesn’t, then she told me how she hated me for what I did, well I deserved all of the things she said.” 


“And then, next she gave me a chance to explain myself and I did, she wasn’t listening to me at first but then when I started talking about my plan, she got interested” Sakura chuckled and Chaeyeon shook her head. 


“and then she told me this, “If by chance, you hurt my friend again, I won’t let it pass ever again, even if you beg” and that was the moment I got afr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter