Fool

Such a Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyeon looked at her phone, she was in the middle of studying with her friends when her phone suddenly rings getting all of their attention.


She sighed and looked at her friends who only shook their heads, giving her time to answer. Chaeyeon gets her phone and walks to the veranda of their house to answer the call. 


She pursed her lips while looking at the Caller's ID before speaking, she can hear the loud blasting music that fills her ears from the other line and even voices of the unfamiliar people. 


"Hello?" Chaeyeon almost shouted to make the other line heard her voice. 


"Hello, this is the owner of this bar, I assume you are the best friend of the owner of this phone, well, your contact name save as 'best friend' so....?" The unfamiliar voice from the other line asked, waiting for her confirmation. 


"Uhhh yeah, I am. Is there a problem?" Chaeyeon asked while nodding her head as if the owner can see her. 


"Well, your friend is...how can I say it, actually, she is pretty drunk right now, already sleeping in the counter." The voice from the other line said.


Chaeyeon only sighed as she closed her eyes deeply, massaging her temple because of the information she just received. She glanced at her friends inside the room who are busy answering some papers from their reviewer. 


"Not again...can you text me the address of the bar? Seems like I need to go there to pick her up." Chaeyeon sighed, the owner of the bar agreed to her before she ended the call.


Her friends looked at her when she started to collect her things and put them inside her bag. 


"Don't tell me...Sakura-unnie is at the bar and pretty wasted, again?" Chaewon asked, one of the friends. 


"I think so," Chaeyeon muttered as she is busy doing her things. 


"And you are going to pick her up, again?" Hyewon uttered, emphasizing the word while looking plainly at her. 


"Yeah, who knows what might happen to her, she isn't safe there especially with her drunk state." Chaeyeon reasoned out but everyone knows that she is doing this because of what she feels for her best friend. 


Well, technically, she's been in love with her best friend and the care that she has for the girl is huge, that even if Chaeyeon is busy reviewing for their finals as a medical student, she will automatically run to the girl even if she has lots of things to do, just one call from Sakura. 


And her friends find it stupid as the day passed by, why? Just because, every time Sakura calls her, Chaeyeon automatically responds and ran to the girl no matter how busy she is and no matter how difficult her course is. And especially today, her best friend needs her, that is why she is doing this. 


"I understand your point, but Chaeyeon, don't misunderstand this. Don't let Sakura get used to things that when she calls for you, you are always ready to run for her." Yena said seriously, the two girls beside her agreed to her. 


"But, I promised to her that whenever she needs me, I am always there for her." Chaeyeon shrugged.


"Let me get this directly. You promised that to her, yes. But, unnie, she isn't doing the same thing, she is just like...receiving and you are always the one who gives." Chaewon said plainly, making her stop on her tracks. 


"Yeah, I agree. And honestly, we know how much you love Sakura, not just a friend but romantically. And for my knowledge, Sakura knows about what you feel, right?" Yena asked, Chaeyeon only shook her head, making the three to form an O shaped in their mouth. 


"But, I bet she has an idea," Yena muttered in her breath but the three didn't hear it. 


"Oh, she doesn't know. Of course, how will she know? Her eyes are busy on her girlfriend...oh, let me correct it ex-girlfriend, who treats her nothing to the point that she almost neglect your friendship." Hyewon scoffed, rolling her eyes, Chaeyeon doesn't know how to reply because Hyewon really hits the bulls-eye but she managed to form some words. 


"She needs me. Look, she is a mess now, she needs someone beside her." Chaeyeon said but Yena scoffed at her. 


"Yeah, she finally remembers you after her girlfriend broke up with her...and look, she is heartbroken now that is why she is calling for you." Yena scoffed, flailing her hands on the air.


"But..." Chaeyeon opened , but she can't finish her words because her friends are really right, everything they said is correct. 


But she can't stop herself, she loves Sakura, so even if the girl doesn't see how much effort Chaeyeon shows for her, she'll be there for her. Even if Sakura doesn't realize how much Chaeyeon loves her, it's okay for her, she is her best friend until the end. 


Even if Sakura only sees her as her best friend, it's okay for Chaeyeon, that's how she loves her. Masochist? Maybe not, it's just the love that she feels for her best friend.


"See you tomorrow. Thanks for the dinner Chaewon, I'll go now." Chaeyeon said, neglecting all the words of her friends. 


She only received a sighed from her friends as they shook their heads at her in disappointment. 


...


Chaeyeon entered the bar and the loud blasting of music greeted her, making her flinched on the high volume of the music, not use to the noisy crowd. Her eyes roamed around the place, trying to find Sakura. 


She shakes her head when she spotted Sakura, her head is leaning on the counter while she sleeps peacefully as if she is in her own place. 


'What are you even doing to yourself?' 


Chaeyeon quickly marches to her best friend, sighing heavily as she saw the pretty wasted state of Sakura. 


"Glad you come here quickly, please take her home before she made another mess." Chaeyeon looked at the girl, guessing that it was the owner of the place, she only nodded her head and walked closer to Sakura. 


"Hey Kkura, wake up..." She whispered to the girl's ear before tapping her shoulder in a soft way. 


The girl only hummed in response not aware of her call. So, Chaeyeon tried one more time, tapping Sakura's shoulder lightly before calling her name. 


"Sakura, it's Chaeyeon...let's get you home," Chaeyeon said and as soon as she finished her words, Sakura's eyes opened in a slow manner.


"Jjaeyeon? My Jjaeyeon?" Sakura asked, her voice is slurred due to the effect of alcohol. 


Chaeyeon smiled on how her best friend called her name, they've known each other since they are babies up until now, perks of being a childhood neighbor, yet she still loves how Sakura pronounce her name. 


"Yeah, your Jjaeyeon..." Chaeyeon chuckles while looking fondly at her drunk best friend. 


"Oh...I've missed you...best friend." Sakura chuckles as she speaks in an unclear tone, thank God that Chaeyeon can understand drunk language, well who wouldn't? When she is always the one who picks up Sakura's drunk state, just like this. 


She stiffened on her spot when Sakura tackles her with a hug and mumbles some incoherent words that she can't understand this time. 


'Damn, why are you doing this to me? You always made my heart skipped a beat.' 


Chaeyeon's thought when Sakura gazes at her with those sleepy eyes, she caught her breath, those orbs are already drowning her, she just wanna stare at it on God knows how long. 


"Okay, let's get you home. Behave." Chaeyeon muttered in a soft tone and Sakura only nodded her head as she placed her arms to Chaeyeon's neck. 


...


"Oh gosh! You're so heavy." Chaeyeon exclaimed after she put Sakura on her bed, the girl only chuckles at her before snuggling the pillow beside her.


She shakes her head before walking to the bathroom to get a basin of water and a towel for Sakura. 


Going back to the room, just to be greeted by a snoring Sakura. She only smiles softly as she picks up a pair of sleeping clothes for the girl before walking to the bed.


"Hey, clean up first," Chaeyeon said and the girl lazily sits up and leans her head on the headboard while her eyes are close. 


Chaeyeon started to wipe the wet towel to the girl's arms, doing her usual job for today, again. Her usual thing to do, taking care of a drunk Sakura.


"Why do you always drunk yourself? You can't even handle the hangover you'll have for tomorrow." Chaeyeon muttered while she continues doing her job, suddenly, Sakura talks making her to froze on her spot. 


"Jjaeyeon, I love her...so much. But, why did she left me?" Sakura asked in her slurred voice, Chaeyeon looked at her best friend who is staring at her with the pain in her eyes, it's also hurting her. Who wouldn't? Hearing from someone you love, that they love someone else and suffering from the pain of break up? 


"Change your clothes." Chaeyeon only answered as she removed her gaze from Sakura when the girl started to get change. 


After Sakura changes, the girl snuggles to her pillow again. Chaeyeon started to clean up the basins and the girl's clothes but she stopped when Sakura called her again. 


"I'll make her comeback to me. Whatever it takes."


Sakura said before drifting to sleep, Chaeyeon only smiles softly as she felt the familiar stinging pain inside her chest, sighing heavily as she tried to stop her tears. 


"Stop chasing after her. Wake up, please. I am here for you. You have me."



"Don't forget our review later, okay? Don't be late!" Yena said before waving goodbye to Chaeyeon as she dashed out towards her classroom.


Hyewon and Chaewon looked at her, waiting for her response. 


"Yes, I won't be late. Our finals are approaching, I'll focus on it, don't worry." Chaeyeon said, reassuring her friends who are not convinced by her words. 


"Make sure to comply with your words. We are already a graduating student, you can't neglect this. Priority your education before anything or anyone else." Hyewon said plainly while eyeing her, she only sighed and nodded her head. 


"See you later," Chaewon said before they proceeded to go to the student council to take care of something important. 


Chaeyeon made her way to the library and there she started to self-study. Taking her own time learning new things related to her course, she didn't even realize what time is it, if it wasn't for the sudden phone call she received from Sakura. 


"Hey, what—"


She didn't finish her words when she heard a sob from the other line, making her bit her lips. 


"Kkura...where are you?" She asked but then, she only received a continuous sound of sobs. 


"Hey...tell me, where are you?" Chaeyeon asked one more time and after Sakura told her where she is, she quickly gathers her things and dashed out from the library.


Chaeyeon started to run even if she bumps into other people. 


"Chaeyeon! Let's go to Hyewon's house—" 


"I'll go there later!" She shouted before running away from their university. 


Yena only stared at Chaeyeon's disappearing figure before shaking her head in disappointment. 


"Such a fool for love."


...


Chaeyeon entered Sakura's university, huffing and panting as she wipes her sweats running from her forehead. 


Sakura is studying from a different university but it didn't stop the two for building a good friendship. 


Chaeyeon walks to the gym, the location that Sakura told her. Roaming her eyes around but she stopped on her tracks when she saw Sakura kneeling in front of a girl which Chaeyeon expects as her ex-girlfriend.


Seeing the sight in front of her, Chaeyeon can't stop but to gulped the lump she can feel inside . It's hurting her eyes to see Sakura begging for the girl while her tears are falling continuously. 


But then, the girl shook Sakura's hand away and left her kneeling inside the gym. 


Chaeyeon meet eyes with the girl but she received a smirk from the girl. 


"Collect your best friend—"


The girl didn't finish her words when Sakura hugged her from behind, uttering some words about not breaking up with her. 


Chaeyeon tears her gaze away from them but she can't help to glance back again, even if it's hurting her eyes and even her heart. 


She sighed heavily when the girl removed Sakura's hands away in a harsh way and pushing the short-haired girl. 


Chaeyeon's eyes widened and she quickly goes to help Sakura. 


"She loves me, right? She'll come back to me, right?" Sakura sobs and Chaeyeon can't say anything instead she just hugged the girl and let her cry in her arms.


...


Chaeyeon sighed as she stared at the drunk state of Sakura sleeping on her bed, after what happened to the gym earlier, the girl dashed out and Chaeyeon doesn't have a choice but to follow her, making sure that the girl won't do anything stupid because she knows she'll drink herself badly, again. 


It's always like this. Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter