Chapter 10

Are we in Love?

Blackpink finishes their practice as they start packing up. Its almost 7 as Jisoo texts Mino to confirm the plan. 

 

Jisoo: Hey guys....me and Jennie are gonna stay back to practice abit more, she's gonna help me with some moves

Jennie : I am? 

Lisa: Oh unnie, i can help you with that!

Jisoo: No!  I mean...You said that Jungkook is having a break period, you should go meet him and spend time together...and Chaeyoung can help you cover it up..

Rosé:Umm how?

Jisoo: Somehow......ur incharge of that, now leave so that me and jendeuk can practice

Rosé: Why does it feel like your chasing me and Lisa out of here?

Jisoo: Im not...i just thought you know , Lisa meets Jung kook at weird timings so it might be better to meet him at a more appropriate timing, and Jennie can help me with the practice while you hep Lisa cover up  ,since ur good at it...right Jendeuk?

Jennie:  ....What now....?

Lisa: You are so sweet unnie...enjoy your practice , Lets go Chaeyoung ah

 

Lisa pulls Rosé out of the practice room as Jisoo grabs Jennie

 

Jisoo: Go and shower and change 

Jennie: What? Why?

Jisoo: Did u forget that we are going for Dinner?

Jennie: I mean...we can order takeaway

Jisoo: No...I booked the place already so go and shower

 

Jisoo pushes Jennie to the locker room as she checks her phone to see that Mino had texted her back

 

Mino: See you at the restaurant later, Be careful when you head there

Jisoo: OKK, you decided who you are bringing?

Mino: Yeah i did...i might be afew minutes late, since i have to pick him up first

Jisoo: Oh....who is it?

Mino : Wait and see..

 

Jisoo rolls her eyes at Mino's reply as Jennie comes back changed into a fresh set of clothes.Jisoo heads into the locker room to shower and change into fresh clothes as well, joining Jennie after she is done as both of them make their way out of the YG building, making sure to check for fans outside the building before dashing out and getting a cab. The two of them sit in silence throughout the ride before reaching the restaurant. Jisoo pays the cab fare as the two of them alight near the back entrance.

 

Jennie: Isn't this Jiyong oppa's favourite restaurant?"

Jisoo: Yeah it is...lets go in before someone sees us

Jennie: I mean so what if they see us? We are just gonna have dinner together

Jisoo: I will explain soon, just get in Jendeukiee.

 

Jisoo ushers Jennie into the restaurant as the two of them head to the private room that Jisoo had reserved. The two settle down as the waiter takes their order.Jisoo checks her phone to see a message from Mino stating that he willl reach in another 5 minutes.

 

Jennie: Unnie, don't you think we ordered too much food?

Jisoo: ..No its ok, we are expecting guests so it should be fine

Jennie: Guests?

Jisoo: Yes....just wait they will be here soon ok

Jennie: What do you have up your sleeve unnie?

 

Jisoo keeps quiet as their food arrives, as soon as the waiter leaves, the door opens again as Mino enters

 

Jisoo: You are late...

Mino: I did text you about it

Jennie: Oppa?! What's going on?

Jisoo: Who did you bring?

Jennie: Are you gonna just ignore me?What's going on?

Mino: Just wait Jennie we just arrived

Jennie: We?

 

Mino enters the room as Block B 's P.O follow from behind. Jisoo and Jennie get to their feet to greet P.O. 

Jennie and Jisoo: Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim!

P.O: OH.. a..annyeonghaseyo...

Mino: Yah why are u so awkward?

P.O: You never told me Blackpink were going to be here!

Jisoo: Annyeonhaseyo P.O sunbaenim, Blackpink Jisoo-imnida

Jennie: Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim, Jennie-imnida

Mino: Take  a seat everyone, we got something to tell you

P.O : We?

Jisoo : Yes sunbaenim, Mino oppa and I have something to tell you two

 

The four of them take their seat as Jennie and P.O stare at Mino and Jisoo. Mino orders some food, ignoring their stares as Jisoo carefully chooses her words in her head.

 

Jennie: Is this what i think it is?

Jisoo:  What?

Jennie: Unnie, i caught you texting Mino oppa even though u two are sworn enemies.But you told me that u two were not dating 

Mino: We are not dating jennie-yah

Jennie: so if thats not the case....did you two plan this to set me and P.O sunbaenim on a blind date?

P.O: WHAAT?! Is this what it is?

Mino: No its not Jihoon ah

Jennie: Sunbaenim you didn't have to sound so offended.

P.O: No no no, its not that, a blind date with you will be an honour Jennie-sshi but i have a girlfriend 

Mino: Yeap, Jihoon is dating Bomi from APINK for 5 years now

Jisoo: wait what?

Jennie: Ok so you two are not dating, This is not a blind date between me and P.O sunbaenim because he has a girlfriend. So...what are we doing here?

 

Mino and Jisoo exchange glances as the door opens and the food arrives,the waiters set down the food and leave as P.O and Jennie stare at Mino and jisoo waiting for an answer.

 

Mino: Ok so what we are going to tell you right now is super confidential 

Jisoo: Top secret , promise us you won't tell anyone

P.O: Ummm...promise

Jennie: Whats all the hype for?

Jisoo: Just promise me Jennie!

Jennie: Alright Alright..i promise..

Mino: So....Jiyong hyung...GD hyung, has been dating Sandara noona for afew years now..

Jennie: Yeah so what about that?

P.O: WHAT?

Jisoo: Wait..Jennie, why are you not surprised by this?

Jennie:  Because i already knew about this?

Mino: You knew?

Jennie: Yeap..jiyong hyung told me about it when i had dinner with him afew years ago.

P.O: GD sunnbaenim and Dara noona are dating?!!?

Mino: Shut up jihoon.

Jisoo: So you didn't tell us about it even though you knew?!

Jennie: It wasn't my secret to tell, jeez unnie calm down.

Mino: OK! Lets get back on track here..soo Jiyong hyung and dara noona are dating...dispatch managed to catch them on a date and are now planning to release the photos.

P.O: WHAT! Thats a huge problem .... imagine the rage amongst fans!

Jennie: UGH...i wish Jiyong oppa and dara unnie  could come clean about their relationship..

Jisoo: Thats what they want as well but sajangnim has told them to wait out till Jiyong oppa finishes his military service.

P.O: Ok soooo.....how are you two involved in this?

Mino: Well...the photos dispatch have of Jiyong hyung and dara noona are unclear, i mean the facial features are there but it can also be argued that it is not them in the photos

Jennie: wait...you don't mean....

Jisoo: Yeap.. since me and Mino oppa are known to look like Jiyong oppa and Dara unnie sajangnim suggested that he will convince the reporter that it wasn't Jiyong oppa and dara unnie but instead it was us.

Mino: We have to act like we are dating for the next 6 months for the deal to go through.

P.O: That's crazy!!  I mean why can't they just admit that GD sunbaenim and Dara noona are dating

Mino: The company has many issues going on now and a dating scandal between their two top artists is the last thing YG needs now.

Jennie: But stil what if the reporter publish an article about you two?

Jisoo: Don't worry, sajangnim has it all covered. 

P.O: So only the two of us know about it?

Mino: Yeap...we thought the two of you could help us cover up for the next six months..

Jennie: What about after the 6 months?

Jisoo: We will state that we have broken up and no articles can be published.

P.O: Seems like your sajangnim has thought out about everything huh.

Mino: Yeap..we trust in him. So thats why we called you two here today, keep it a secret guys

Jennie: Sure thing oppa..now, can we start eating?  Im famished after training today

 

The other 3 burst out laughing as the 4 of them start eating their Dinner. The four talk about how Mino and Jisoo are sworn enemies and the two girls also grilled P.O about his love like with Apink's Bomi. Soon they are done eating as Mino gets the bill as P.O leaves first to meetup with Bomi. Jennie heads to the washroom as Jisoo and Mino wait outside the restaurant for a cab.

 

Jisoo: You handled it quite maturely in there

Mino: I am pretty mature...depending on who im talking to 

Jisoo: TSK... To think that you were mature.. ur just soo imature huh

Mino: Im immature because you were immature to me too

Jisoo: Ugh ....how can you write lyrics and compose songs with that brain of yours

Mino: Ouch, Like i said...stop pushing ur luck soo-yah, or i won't give u a chance if u break the rules.

 

Jisoo's heart flutters as Jennie arrives from the washroom just in time as a cab pulls up. The trio immediately get in as the the drive back to their dorm is quiet with Jisoo stealing glances at Mino and Mino and Jennie, playing a game on their mobile phones against each other.