Chapter 1

Law of Attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A gentle breeze caressed Wheein’s bangs, and she giggled as the playful draft also flipped her books and binder open. Today is a perfect autumn day: sunny, breezy, and brisk; not to mention she’s spending it with her friends. It is Mid-terms exams week at the Rainbowbridge Women’s University of the Arts. To most students, it’s Hell Week, but for the freshman student Jung Wheein, it feels like she’s on her way to make her dreams come true.

What you perceive, you can achieve. A quote that her father shared which she took to heart.

An only child of an upper-middle class couple, she’s not spoiled, but is definitely encouraged to explore whatever she wants to learn. At three years old, her mother caught her with a crayon on hand, doodling away on her bedroom wall. After the incident, her mother bought Wheein her very first sketchbook and a 64pc. Crayola box set. Her love for art blossomed and her parents continued to support her, for which she is ever grateful.

In high school, she met her best friend who almost shared the same passion. While she dreamed of becoming a world-renowned artist, Ahn Hyejin wanted to become a famous fashion designer. Both of them promised to pass the entrance exam at the most prestigious university in the arts and share a dorm room thereafter. To make their goals clearer in her mind, Wheein made a list on a stationery paper (with cute beagle design thank you very much) and taped it on the wall in front of her bedside study table:

 

1. Graduate high school

2. Study at the Rainbowbridge University of Arts

3. Open a solo exhibit at the Hangaram Art Museum in Seoul Arts Center

4. Become a world-famous artist

 

“Wheein-ah, you’ve been staring at your binder for quite some time now. Are you done studying for your Modern Art History exam tomorrow?” Hyejin snapped her fingers in front of her best friend’s face.

“Almost. But hey, remember this?” Wheein pushed her binder on the table for Hyejin to take a closer look. The freshman fashion design student smiled in recognition as she saw the taped note on the back cover of the binder.

“I can’t believe you still have this! Oh wait, scratch that. I actually do know you’ll keep it.”

“Omo, what kind of list is that?” Kim Yongsun asked, squishing Hyejin in the middle of their small group to take a closer look.

The two best friends met Kim Yongsun during the Freshman Orientation Day. A junior taking up Voice Music and Composition double major in the RWU Conservatory of Music, she’s one of the student volunteers who gave their batch a nickel tour of the campus. Yongsun easily befriended them and started hanging out with them whenever her schedule permits.

“It’s a list I made to attract the goals I want to achieve unnie.” Wheein replied with a dimpled smile as she closed her binder.

“I think it’s high time you update that list Wheein. You already ticked out the first two so might as well add new ones to make our university life more memorable.” Hyejin suggested.

“Like what?”

“Oh, I don’t know. You could sign up and join the Bungee Jumping Enthusiasts Club if there’s one, or you could join a Book Reading Club…” Hyejin droned funny and seemingly non-existent clubs and activities, making their unnie laugh. Yongsun joined in and added her two cents.

Wheein rolled her eyes, daintily resting her chin on the palm of her hand. She already tuned out her friends’ continuous rambling and settled on watching the scenery before her. Besides the prestige and learnings she would gain for studying at RWU, the beautiful campus is also the reason why she was driven further to submit her college application form. She is really impressed that the campus has a well-thought layout, despite being one of the younger universities in the heart of Seoul.

The main

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter