The Dancer's Disillusionment

Shot Thru the Heart

Someone made a meme about her again.

Sometimes, she cannot understand why people can be so mean. I mean she knows it already, they don't need to rub it on her face. She might be slow most of the time, but she's not stupid. She could read other people's intentions. Less screen time, least lines. They're just keeping her because she's a good dancer, but technically, everybody in the group is a good dancer so where does that leave her?

She always thought she's dispensable--that why she tried very hard to stay relevant. She goes to vlives, she updates their IG account, anything. But deep inside, she knows if she doesn't do it, people might forget her. Her members hype her in variety shows, in radio shows, anytime there's a chance. But during recordings like this for the album when the lines are being distributed---it takes the actress in her to smile as if nothing is wrong, that she's okay. 

It's always been like this, she was used to it. Or so she thought. 

So during break, she decided to get some coffee and go to their company's rooftop. 

"Thought I find you here."

She didn't need to look who was there, it's a voice she's very familiar to.

"Mmmmm."

The girl backhugged her and held on tight---as if wanting to take all her pain away. 

"Don't be too hard to yourself, Momoyah. You are important. You matter. You've been working very hard since debut."

She sighed. "I know. But sometimes, my best isn't still enough. I'm in a girl group and yet I can't sing."

"Of course you can! Don't mind those haters!"

"I can't help it." 

"The sea cannot sink a ship unless it lets the water inside. The same thing that haters cannot put you down if you don't believe their words."

"Easy for you to say. You're great in singing. You're gorgeous. You're---"

"---my roommate and my soulmate. So shut up and let me catch you on those song parts when you feel that your voice is going to crack. Or when you feel that you cannot reach a note. Or even when you feel that you are singing worse than what you think you can. I am here to make it better. You're not suppose be perfect, because if you are, then I am insignificant."

She stared at the short hair girl, whose chin is on her shoulder. "Jeong, I--"

"All of us have our own flaws and we are not complete without each other. OT9 or nothing. Twice wouldn't be complete without you our dancing Mochine. It's always us nine." Momo looked away, scared that Jeongyeon can read her like an open book.

"Never think you are alone, I feel insulted." Momo could almost hear Jeongyeon pouting. She pulled Jeongyeon's arm to hold her tighter.

Momo looked at the horizon, as the sun was setting down. The air turned a little colder, but Momo still feel warm, there, being inside Jeongeon's arms. 

"Okay, I won't."