003: Memories

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jangmi 

Jangmi unlocked the door, silently closing it behind her. She thought back to the small favor Mr. Bang had asked of her. Please take care of them. There wasn’t much of a reason for him to be attached to the four boys in her house, so she didn’t really know why he would ask for that. But for now, it was the least she could do for the man who helped shine at least some light on the situation she was in. Her eyes flickered to the light in the kitchen that was still on, so she assumed that one of the boys was still awake. 

Probably the one that looks like a prince since he watched me leave earlier. 

Considering that they would be here until her graduation, it wouldn’t hurt to try and get along with them; it would be extremely difficult to have to avoid all four of them when they’re all in the same house as her. Despite not usually being one to approach people, Jangmi forced herself into the kitchen only to find the ivory haired male asleep against the counter. It seemed that he was already in a deep slumber just from how comfortable his position was in his arms against the counter. Deciding against waking him up, Jangmi  her heel to the stairs to quietly go back to the comfort of her bedroom. 

Before turning the knob of her door, the female bit her lip slightly out of discomfort. She didn’t want to just leave him there in the kitchen; he had probably been waiting for her to come home to make sure she was safe. Still, she didn’t exactly want to be in the awkward situation of waking him up. 

With a final sigh, Jangmi released her grip on the door knob and made her way down the hall to one of the cabinets. She opened a couple of them before finally finding where all the blankets were kept. 

“Why are they all pink?” She whispered under her breath a little embarrassed that she didn’t have a more neutral one that she could offer to him. Her lips pressed together into a thin line as she grabbed the pink padded blanket and walked down the stairs with it. It wasn’t really a big deal anyway and besides; she didn’t know which room he decided to inhabit so it’s not like she could just walk into his room and grab one of his blankets (which she knew were actually a neutral color). 

Jangmi did her best to be as quiet as possible, careful not to wake up anyone in the house. By the time she was in the kitchen, she had already begun to feel light sweat on the back of her neck from how hard she was trying to be silent. 

The ivory-haired male (whom she still didn’t know the name of) was still sleeping on the counter, his face now smooshed up against his arm even further. The female relaxed a little as she draped the pink blanket over him. She was never around other guys like this before; guys who were considerate and kind and this handsome. She couldn’t help but admire his delicate features. 

Okay, maybe it was a little creepy that she was just looming over him and just staring at his face but who wouldn’t? She had never seen a facial structure that was as delicate as his, she wasn’t even ashamed to say that this male, sleeping right in front of her, was much prettier than she would ever be. From his reddish plump lips to his long lashes and perfectly sculpted nose, there wasn’t a single flaw on him. 

It may have been because she was staring for too long, or she made some sort of noise because the male ended up waking up and gazing right back into her brown eyes. Her hold body straightened up with flinch and suddenly her eyes flew around the room nervously to appear as though she wasn’t just staring blankly at his face just now like a complete creep. 

“You’re back?” He croaked in a deep voice that caused her to blush, he gave her a smile before sitting up completely in his seat, “Oh, thanks for the blanket. I’m glad you came back safe.”Her cheeks began to heat up even more. He sat up in the chair and lightly tugged the pink blanket around him a little more to keep it from falling before looking up at her again with a killer smile. 

Damn it, I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to that.  

“Thank you for waiting… Um, goodnight.” Jangmi managed to push out awkwardly before turning on her heel to leave the kitchen as quickly as possible to return to the familiar comfort of her bed; however, she couldn’t even bring one foot over the other to take a step forward when a warm sensation suddenly wrapped around her wrist and tugged her back gently. Jangmi stopped and hesitated to turn her head to look towards the male behind her. Should she turn to face him? She didn’t even know why he just stopped her, so should she just shake off his hand and sprint up the stairs? 

No, no that would make things awkward tomorrow morning. 

Slowly, albeit unwillingly, she cautiously turned her body to face him only to be met with a pair of brown puppy eyes (which honestly made her heart melt). 

“Do you really… not remember our names?” He pouted childishly. Her whole body uncomfortably stiffened, she shook her head and avoided his eyes to lessen the guilt she was feeling for no reason. How could she remember their names? She only briefly glanced at a paper of characters whom she never expected would come to life. Heck, right now, she couldn’t even look the guy in the eye, let alone remember his name amongst three other men? But even with that excuse, Jangmi still felt like she had to be responsible for knowing who they were.  

She felt the grip around her wrist tighten, the ivory-haired male bit his lip and looked down grimly. Though he probably didn’t mean to do so intentionally, she felt as though she was beginning to lose circulation and the doe-eyed female winced a little. Immediately he drew back his hand and stood up worriedly, the pink blanket nearly falling off his broad shoulders. 

“Ah… sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you. Are you okay?” He asked as he towered over her with his overwhelming height. Damn it, why did he have to be so tall too? The atmosphere had begun to grow a little too tense for comfort; he was so close to her so suddenly that she was worried that he could hear the uncomfortable beating of her heart. Shakily, she stumbled backwards over her own feet but caught herself somewhat awkwardly. 

“Yes, I’m fine. What’s your name again?” She replied in a near whisper. She regretted ever looking back into his dark brown orbs; his initial excitement that shined in his eyes had died down into a dull longing gaze. Jangmi bit her lip to fight the guilt rising up inside her stomach. 

“It’s Jin. Your Jin… remember? Please don’t forget.” 

“What does he mean by ‘my’ Jin? Ah! I am literally going to go crazy!” Jangmi slapped her hand against her steering wheel, the honk blaring loudly. She ignored the glares she received from other drivers parked around her, she wanted to flip them off so badly just because she was having a crappy morning. Breathe in, breathe out there are children in those cars… probably not, but don’t flip anyone off.  

There was no way she was going to forget which one Jin was, not after last night. In fact, even if she wanted to, she wouldn’t be able to do so. He had pressed a light kiss on the top of her head so nonchalantly before yawning and just walking up the stairs as if that were completely normal; and she was just left there, agape from the shock of the sudden action of affection. 

Okay maybe that was normal if I had the memories of the girl they think I am but right now, that’s not normal even if we’re supposed to be friends! 

The female was uncharacteristically early to class by about 45 minutes; she had left early to avoid seeing the men that were in her house. She knew that she couldn’t avoid them forever, and she also knew that she shouldn’t avoid them… in fact she also told herself that she wouldn’t avoid them… But plans change, don’t they? Especially ever since last night. And as of right now, she was sitting in her car in the school’s parking lot. Her to-go coffee cup had been empty for a while now and looking back on it, she probably shouldn’t have chugged it down so angrily; not only because it was hot and it kind of burned when she did that but also because she had nothing to sip on in her car while she waited for 45 minutes. 

The female glanced down at the mobile that lay isolated on her passenger seat. The screen lit up suddenly, a notification from one of her social media apps that she chose to ignore and fixed her attention on the wallpaper of the cell phone. Two females smiling brightly at the camera, their matching animal ear headbands and necklaces made them seem kind of cringey and obnoxious but they were seemingly impervious to the weird glances that they were gaining from the strangers around them. Jangmi remembered that day like it was yesterday...  

“Oh! That reminds me, I need to check up on Mina.” Pushing away all other thoughts, she pulled the mobile out of her back pocket and tapped on her favorites. What the? She didn’t notice until now, but she had four more contacts added to her favorites and they were probably the numbers of the boys. She wasn’t the type to give people cute nicknames on the phone; she didn’t even have Mina’s name as anything cute, it was just simply ‘Hwang Mina.’ 

Her thumb hovered above the four new contact names into her phone; she actually didn’t feel like changing them despite how cheesy they were. 

Kookie, Playboy Chimmy, Agust D, and Mr. Worldwide Handsome. 

For some odd reason, she was able to put a face to each name despite not knowing the names of any of the boys in real life. 

Kookie; a cute pet name that she connected to the boy with shaggy dark brown hair and wide eyes.  

Playboy Chimmy; A more specific name that she could relate to the male with honey blonde hair and a killer smile. 

Mr. Worldwide Handsome; The tall handsome prince-like male with ivory-colored hair popped up into her mind. She was pretty sure that he called himself that too. Tsk arrogant much? But he’s not wrong... 

And through the process of elimination, Agust D was the name she connected to the boy with cat-like eyes and black hair. 

Jangmi pondered over what they would probably be doing right now. Do they just stay home and do whatever while she went out to school or did they go out and about and how exactly would they do that? Were there suddenly four new cars that were parked near her house or… Nevermind, she didn’t feel like thinking about it right now. 

Hwang Mina, more important. Four handsome men, save their problems for later. 

With a quick tap, Jangmi’s phone lightly vibrated against her hand as she waited for her best friend to answer. There was a slight pause before the female on the other end answered back. 

“Hello?” She heard her best friend’s clear voice from the phone; her worries about the female were soothed somewhat as soon as she heard the usual bright tone that would always come out and lighten up the mood. 

“Mina, how you holdin’ up?” Jangmi asked endearingly as she slouched back into the driver’s seat relaxed. Even if her best friend would annoy her countlessly everyday, she could probably never get tired of hanging around her or even just talking to her. 

“Psssh I’m fine. It’s not that big of a deal anyway, I’m just overreacting.” Liar. Jangmi could always see through her as well and vice versa. She chuckled and rolled her eyes, she didn’t even know why sometimes Mina tried to fool her with that mask of happiness. She knew how much Mina loved her boyfriend and no matter how many times Jangmi would tell her to break up with him, Mina would never listen—always insisting that “he would change” because “he promised.” 

If that wasn’t complete bull, then Jangmi didn’t know what was. But she couldn’t count the times where Mina would go on and on about how caring her boyfriend was and how her eyes just lit up whenever his name was even just mentioned; how he’d come to Mina’s house just to drop off flowers and ice cream as an apology. Jangmi hated to admit it, but there were times when he acted as a good boyfriend to her best friend but that didn’t change the fact that she still loathed the guy with almost all her being. But he made Mina happy… for now at least. 

You’re on strike two right now, Kim Jongin. One more strike and I’m taking matters into my own hands. Even if Mina won’t talk to me for a few days. 

“Whatever you say Mina,” Jangmi muttered with flat eyes as she fiddled with the white braided bracelet around her wrist, “Anyways, I’m already on campus, I know you’re probabl—” 

“You’re already here? You’re e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter