002: What's Going On?

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jangmi

As soon as Jangmi woke up, she was greeted by the familiar sight of her bedroom. Everything looked the same, but it just felt different. The last thing she could remember was seeing four good-looking men in her house acting as if they’ve known her all her life and the warmth of someone wrapping their arms around her. I’m definitely just going crazy. She laughed to herself, hugging her knees trying to ease her nerves. Was her milk tea drugged or something? Because her hallucinations seemed all too real.

Grabbing her phone from her bedside table, she glanced at the time. Her eyes widened frighteningly large after realizing she had been passed out for about a day; nevertheless, although she had ample time to rest, her head was still pounding like crazy. Her stomach was of no help either as it growled, making it feel as if everything around her was shaking. Her fingers found their way to her forehead, and she felt that there was a dry towel on it. Eyebrows furrowing in confusion, she sat up slowly and waited for her eyes to adjust to her surroundings.

Something wasn’t right; she felt compelled to leave the comfort of her bed quickly and rush into the kitchen. Chills ran down her spine as she felt that familiar odd whispering in her ear that she experienced before entering the game shop. However, her body felt too weak to shake any of them off.

Jangmi hopped off her bed unsteadily then rushed out her bedroom door without a second thought, and was suddenly welcomed with the aroma of freshly cooked food. As if her body had a mind of its own, she was unwillingly gently tugged forward having to lean against the wall for support because of how much her head was still pulsing. Even just the thought of eating right now suddenly made her aware of the fact that she hasn’t eaten for over day. Biting her lip to endure the pain from the abrupt realization that her stomach was literally going to begin eating itself, she continued down the hallway until she reached the edge of the stairs.

“Noona? You’re awake! Ah, hold on let me help you.” A boy that appeared to be a little bit younger than her (although he was really tall) popped up behind her, slickly sliding his hand around her waist and adjusting her arm around his broad shoulders to better support her weight. If she had the strength, she would’ve pushed him away because of the sudden skinship but right now she had no other choice except to give in. She turned her head slightly to glance at the male who was unnervingly close to her; his shaggy dark brown hair complimented his fair skin, his sharp jawline and low-set eyebrows would’ve been intimidating if not for his big dark brown eyes and cute childlike smile. Jangmi felt her face heat up at his unrealistically attractive features; she immediately shifted her gaze away from the unknown male and continued to struggle her way down the marble staircase still clinging onto him for support.

As soon as they had both stepped onto the bottom floor, Jangmi’s stomach growled so loud that she could feel her entire body rumble. If her face was slightly flushed before, then it was definitely crimson right now because of how embarrassingly deafening her abdomen decided to sound. In an attempt to save herself, she tried to smugly declare that she was just hungry and it was normal for her body to react the way it just did; however, the words seemed as if they wouldn’t come out of ; like her body was rejecting such a small phrase from escaping her lips. The doe-eyed male chuckled into his free hand to hide his smirk; which only caused Jangmi to pout in frustration as she unsuccessfully tried once more to say something along the lines of ‘Why the hell are you laughing?’ instead a small squeak escaped unintentionally.

“Don’t tease me…” Jangmi timidly responded, a disgusting ray of cuteness shooting out of her and towards the taller unknown male. He physically stiffened up, cheeks brushing a faint shade of pink before clearing his throat to speak once more, “Alright, alright. You must be hungry, Jin Hyung made dinner. You’ve been knocked out since yesterday afternoon, we were all super worried.” He gave her a wide grin, an attempt to mask his uneasiness though she could see right through it. Though it felt kind of nice to hear such sweet words, Jangmi still could not believe the words that had just left as well as the expression that she was making. Growing up around maids in a mansion groomed her into having a rather outspoken confident type of personality; acting cute also was not her forte. Though she didn’t want to, she quietly accepted that right now she didn’t have much control of her actions and instead continued to lean against the tall male for support.

Slowly approaching the kitchen, she began to hear the mild commotion of cutlery and dishware clanging against the table as well as the voices of a few other men. A wave of realization had hit her (and if she weren’t so weak right now, she would have bolted out the door and called the police), yesterday wasn’t just her going insane or hallucinating—actually, she wished she was actually just seeing things because unfamiliar men appearing out of thin air in her house and acting as if they were close to her was too much for her mind to comprehend. Once they had turned into the kitchen, she was instantly greeted with the scent of fresh food and three handsome males.

“Jangmi Noona is awake! She seriously needs to eat. Did you feel the earth rumble a little bit? Because her stomach growled so loud and hard that I could feel the shakes.” The male (that she still didn’t know the name of, but for now she regarded him as the annoying one since he kept on teasing her) laughed as he guided her towards one of the seats in front of the counter. Sitting down slowly, she stared hungrily at the food placed in front of her; had already begun to drool by just staring at the different dishes.

“You’re not even going to greet us? I know it’s been a while, and I understand that you probably forgot Jimin and Yoongi’s faces, but mine?” A somewhat familiar tall man with ivory-colored hair, sweet plump lips, and an intimidatingly symmetrical face said (Jangmi had to admit, this guy was so good-looking that it was like meeting a real life prince.)

“I don’t even think that it’s possible to forget Mr. Worldwide Handsome.” The ‘real-life prince’ continued with a teasingly arrogant tone. Again, she could feel as if she could not speak on her own accord; words she wanted to say were caught in like a fly trapped in a web. “So-sorry, Jin Oppa.” The name rolled off her tongue so effortlessly that it made her uncomfortable. She had no idea who this (super handsome) man was, yet she could so easily call out to him (even worse, she spoke out so softly and so oddly cute that she felt utterly disgusted with herself) albeit unwillingly and unintentionally. Taking notice that every time she wanted to say something, she was forced to say something else so uncharacteristic of her, Jangmi decided that it was best to just shut and stuff it with food, which would accomplish two things. One; stop herself from trying to spout out her usual sharp remarks that would ultimately fail and compel her to say something gross in a gross cute shy manner. Two; add nourishment to her body because there was no way she could forget that she had not eaten for over a day.

Although all the boys silently blushed at her little apology, their adoration quickly transformed into confusion as they watched Jangmi shove a fistful of food into hurriedly. One bite awakened her true potential in the field of competitive eating (not literally, of course), continuing to take bites so unreasonably enormous that the men were worried she would choke before she could finish her meal.

“I know it’s been a while since you’ve eaten, but it’s not like this is your last meal.” The boy with black hair said. Jangmi briefly looked up from her food, obviously struggling to hold back any sort of remarks, then ended up staring at him and analyzing the features of his face. He had smaller cat-like eyes that unexpectedly gazed so gently at her, his lips were rested into an amused smirk, and he seemed like the type to express his emotions less often than the rest of the males surrounding her (that didn’t necessarily mean his overall aura made her uncomfortable). Without saying a word, Jangmi scrunched up her nose mockingly at the black-haired boy who had unintentionally style of eating (most likely out of confusion) and continued to eat as if she would never have the chance to have a meal again.

“Yoongi Hyung is right, you don’t usually eat like this… no matter how hungry you are.” A different boy with full lips and unusually captivating eyes stared at her worriedly. His hair was dyed into a faded honey blonde and was about the same height as the guy with black hair (who she still couldn’t remember the name of.) Despite it being a bit difficult to stop staring at all of the unrealistically gorgeous men before her (only because they were staring at her back), she did her best to ignore them.

There it was again however, an odd whispering in her ear that sent chills down her spine. Except this time, it wasn’t telling her what to do; in fact she didn’t even know why it was whispering to her right now. It was as if that soft voice was trying to tell her something but she couldn’t make out anything it was saying. As much as she tried to disregard it, it kept bugging her to no end.

What the hell do you want from me? She thought to herself, ticked off that she couldn’t eat in peace.

Help.

Jangmi froze. Was she expecting someone to answer? No. Did she expect that whoever answering would answer to her through her head? No. In fact, she didn’t even expect any of this to happen and yet here she was; in her kitchen, with four men she was not familiar with and someone trying to communicate to her through her mind. Maybe she really has lost it to the point that nothing made sense anymore. After she finished her food, she finally had enough strength to fight against whatever force was trying to control her and stood up to put her dishes into the sink while trying to call out the that soft voice again in her mind.

“We’ll clean up, go ahead and rest.” The boy who she still couldn’t remember the name of, despite saying it earlier, gave her a princely smile. “We cleaned up your spilled drink. And put back the stuff in your bag… but seriously! Be more careful next time, you know that you’re severely allergic to taro! That could’ve killed you! You’re lucky that you only fainted.” He nagged as he ruffled her hair fondly; surprisingly, she didn’t even have an urge to be ticked off, the small gesture made her heart skip a beat actually. Moving forward, Jangmi was in fact not allergic to taro, so she completely disregarded whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter