Stargazing

stargazing

 

What was being with you like?

 

Floating on air.


That's the only way to describe the how I felt.

Marvelling at the beauty of the endless midnight blue canvas above us, savouring the beauty of the the shining orbs.

Without my glasses, the blazing specs seemed to fill the skies. Blurred edges surrounded each twinkling light, their morphed forms almost touching; merging.

 

On the saturated backdrop looming over our heads, those stars fit so perfectly.

 

As if they were a painting; one of Van Goh's finest masterpieces. In the pitch darkness, they gleamed. Shining in all of their glory for an audience of just us two.

 

To be perfectly honest though, with you, everything gleamed.

 

Although that gleam was nothing compared to your shine.

 

That shine that dimmed even the brightest of suns. It was as if the entire world became coloured when I was with you.

The beauty that radiated off of your form, bathed in the pale moonlight, was truly a sight to behold.

 

As the silvery glow of the moon illuminated the soft curves of your lips, the tender smile that graced them would take even Van Goh's breath away.

 

You were like a colour, one that no one had ever seen before.

 

Like a shining diamond before me. You were stunning.

 

Wherever you went, people paused just to look at you.

 

Da Vinci would loathe that he could never capture the perfection that was you. The greatest of artists would have begged to witness the angelic sculpure that you were.

 

Though we both knew, that you only showed the peak of your shine, to me.

 

Sitting there with you, curled up beneath the warm covers, on the rooftop staring up at the starry skies. I loved it.

 

Your head resting softly on my shoulder as we basked in the moonlight. The thudding of my pulse in my viens. The burning in my cheeks from your touch. The electricity under my skin. It was so surreal, being here with you.

 

There were no words to be exchanged. Only gentle, lingering touches and prolonged glances.

 

The calm that preceeded your body shifting to face my own. That was the calm right before the storm.

 

The swirling whirlwind inside my chest as those dark brown irises connected with black.

 

A hint of uncertainty flickered briefly through those warm chocolate pools that I had come to love. Only to be replaced by something else, something beautiful, as your eyes darted down to my lips. It was in that moment that all of our fears were hurled into the wind.

 

Then eyelids closed.

 

It wasn't clear who began leaning in first, but I don't think that it mattered.

 

One thing was for certain. With our foreheads touching, and our breathing unsteady; we both knew exactly what the other longed for.

 

So we gave in.

 

Our lips brushed cautiously, testing the waters, before finally connecting.

 

We kissed and it was as if the world fell away. It was soft and sweet; slow and comforting in a way that words could never be.

 

Your hand drifted up just below my ear, your thumb caressing my cheek. A hand drifted up to meet your neck.

 

The mingling of our warm breaths in the freezing midnight air, fingers running down the nape of your neck. My hands becoming tangled in beautiful brown locks of hair as I pulled your body closer to mine. Till there was no space between us. Until I could feel the hammering of your heart against my chest. I couldn't break away.

 

The taste of sweet, cherry chapstick on my tongue was far too compelling. I wanted to savour your taste for as long as possible.

 

I wanted you.

 

My lungs screamed in protest, begging for oxygen, but I only wanted this. All I needed, was you. We needed this. And it was perfect.

 

As we parted, neither dared to speak.

 

The way we fit so perfectly as you pressed our foreheads together as we panted. The ache in our burning lungs. Every second of it. It just felt right.

 

And we both knew it.

 

When your eyes opened and you looked up at me, the hazy brown that I was met with had me awestruck. That look in your eyes.

 

God.

 

You were beautiful.

 

You were mesmerising and I couldn't bring myself think straight anymore.

 

That angelic smile that formed on your lips was plain to see as you gripped my shoulder. You gazed directly into my eyes, and into my heart. Silent confirmation that what we felt was mutual.

 

The words that were uttered just then, were forever engraved into my mind from that moment on.

 

"Do you like me?"

 

"No," I breathed.

 

"Oh." Your smile had faltered.

 

Though it did hurt my heart, your confused face was honestly the most adorable thing I had ever seen.

 

I'm not sure why, but I couldn't help the soft chuckle that escaped my lips.

 

"I adore you, Yong."