Nose - Seulrene

Something About Your Body

A/N: Howdy doo~ I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated! I was a little too ambitious with all my writing plans. I also set too high of expectations for Seulrene so I was really hesitant in posting this. Also, I spent an unnecessary amount of time researching about perfume and cologne and it kinda ruined the fun for me ^^' Anyways, I hope you enjoy this ball of fluff~

 

--

 

“Why are we here again?”

 

Seulgi pulls her girlfriend into the perfume shop. The smell initially shocks her, but like the last time, she knows she’s going to get used to it. 

 

A short lady welcomes them. “Welcome to La Parfum! If you would like to test a scent, please spray on these test strips. Our more expensive perfumes are behind the counter. If you would like to test them, please speak with me or any of the other associates.” 

 

Irene bows at the lady. She’s still processing whatever’s going on. One second, Seulgi asks her if she wanted to go to the mall (something they don’t really do). Another second, she’s dragging her (another thing she doesn’t do) to a perfume shop of all places. 

 

Seulgi pulls her again. “Come on!”

 

Irene just goes along with it. 

 

“Wait right here!” Seulgi leaves her in the back of the store.

 

The bunny’s wondering why her bear brought her here. Was there a fancy event she was going to? Was she buying a gift for a friend?

 

The next thing you know, Seulgi basically shoves 5 test strips in front of her girlfriend’s face. “Which one do you like the best out of all of them?”

 

Irene gives her a perplexed expression, but smells the strips anyways. Who was she to deny good smells?

 

The first strip offered scents similar to an ocean breeze. It wasn’t super beachy or fruitful, but it emanated something refreshing and crisp. “I like this one.” She put the strip up to Seulgi’s nose. Seulgi sniffed it as well and nodded. 

 

Irene was waiting for an opinion, but Seulgi simply gave her a motion to continue on. She cautiously smelled the next strip. It smelled like…

 

It smelled like the ocean. This time more sandy, maybe woody. In all honesty, it wasn’t much different from the first one. She admits she likes the smell, but she wasn’t a huge fan of ocean sprays. “I like this one, too.” She puts the strip near Seulgi again. She’s unsure if Seulgi smells it though.

 

“Babe, just try all of them and let me know which one you like best. I’ve already smelled every blue scent here. These are just my top 5.”

 

Irene is still suspicious, but she won’t resist smelling good scents. She sniffs the next strip. It smells like… ocean again. This time a little more fruity. There are hints of pineapple and mango, but the smell of the ocean is still pretty prominent. Are these scents starting to mix with each other?

 

“Seulgi-yah. What is the meaning behind all of this?” Irene sniffs the fourth strip. Once again, it smells like the ocean, but it’s laced with vanilla and possibly musk. She’s not really giving much attention since they’re all starting to smell the same, especially with the ocean. 

 

“Are there any that you like?” Seulgi pressed on. 

 

Irene moved on to the next ocean scent but didn’t really give much attention to it. She shrugs. “They all smell good. They’re all different and have their own flares.”

 

“Okay. But are there any that you like?” 

 

The shorter of the two was losing patience. Her head was starting to hurt, but maybe it was because the mix of the surrounding fragrances was starting to overwhelm her. “Kang Seulgi. What are you buying this perfume for? Answer me or I’m not gonna answer you. I need to know what occasion this is for in order to give you a decent opinion.”

 

Seulgi sighs in defeat. She looks at the slips in her girlfriend’s tiny hands. Those slips gave her a feeling of failure, especially after visiting this exact store multiple times. “It’s just…” She didn’t have a lot of thoughts in her head. Her mind warps to a restaurant, then a cafe, and finally a meeting room. 

 

“Seulgi.”

 

“It’s just every time we go out and a man has strong cologne on, you always notice. I noticed he always has an ocean scent so I came here hoping to find one that you’d really like so you…” Seulgi decides not to go down that route. “I know you’re really sensitive to smell so I figured there’d be one that sticks out to you, you know?” 

 

Irene stares at Seulgi. She’s completely smitten by her girlfriend’s action. 

 

For a second, she wonders why Seulgi went the extra mile, especially since she always enjoyed Seulgi’s current perfume, Incanto Charms. She always loved her scent especially when they were snuggling after a long day. Instead of heading straight to a shower, they’d change in comfortable clothes and cook a late-night snack or play a card game. They’d snuggle together and she’d always inhale the sweet honeysuckle and citrus perfume infused with Seulgi’s own scent. 

 

“It… It was a dumb idea. I know. Let’s just go home.” Seulgi grabs her wrist and starts leading them out. They take a step and Irene grabs Seulgi’s wrist to stop her. 

 

In the corner of her eye, she sees a sales associate ringing up a customer. “Yeah. My girlfriend really likes this smell so I’m gonna keep buying it until she gets sick of it.”

 

She then understands where Seulgi’s coming from. Although Seulgi is the only person she wants to be with, it would be a lie if she said she never got distracted by other colognes or perfumes. She didn’t mean harm. As Seulgi said, she is just sensitive to smell. 

 

Irene doesn’t know if she’ll find a scent that’ll overpower Seulgi’s own scent or fabric softener, but if Seulgi tried, then she’ll try, too.

 

Actually… that’s a good idea. 

 

“Do you have any perfume on?” Irene asks. 

 

Seulgi expects her girlfriend to retort with a compliment of her own perfume, but she’s not in the mood to receive any praise. “No.”

 

Irene then holds up the first strip. “Show me where this one is.”

 

Seulgi gives her a questionable look but pulls her along anyway. 

 

Irene pulls out a tester strip. She sprays the cologne on the strip. “Hold it.” 

 

“What are you doing?” 

 

She then pulls Seulgi’s sleeve out until the cuffs were over her hand. “Don’t punch me okay? Stay still.” She then sniffs her sleeve. 

 

The mixture was slightly underwhelming. She definitely got her mix of ocean, fabric softener, and Seulgi, but it was too subtle. Maybe she would enjoy it during a cuddling session, but from what she understood from Seulgi, it really needed to reel her in after one whiff.

 

Irene pulled up the second one. “Show me this one.” They repeated the process again, switching arms. Although she initially preferred the second one over the first one, the sandalwood smell didn’t mix well with Seulgi’s natural pheromones. 

 

The third sent seemed very similar to Seulgi’s current perfume. It wasn’t exactly the same smell but it was a good mix of sweet, fruity, and aquatic. 

 

Irene was almost sold with the fourth one. Now that she really gave her attention to it, she noticed hints of other spices besides vanilla. Those actually reeled her in instead of the ocean tone. She will admit that the deep aquatic scent complimented the fabric softener. 

 

Out of courtesy, they tried the fifth scent. Like the last scent, the aquatic smell didn’t reel her in; the crisp and sweet smell of apple did. The apple definitely complimented the fabric softener and she liked how the aquatic scent left a subtle after-smell, something she’d really enjoy during a cuddling session. Nonetheless, she chose the fourth scent as it seemed the best fit for both her and Seulgi’s criteria.

 

Irene waves at an associate. After having a conversation about the different scents, they unanimously agreed with Irene’s final decision and the associate got her a new box. 

 

“And you’re positive that you like these ones?” Irene wanted to make sure they didn’t leave anything out, even though there were hundreds of scents in the store that she was not able to test. At least, she wanted to try the ones that Seulgi approved of. 

 

“I liked all of them. I asked a few associates for help and they showed me like 12 different perfumes and colognes. These are the ones that seemed familiar to the ones I smelled previously.” She takes a look at the bottle Irene picked. “You sure you want this one?” 

 

Irene then grabbed her arm and placed it near her nose. “Smell.”

 

Seulgi takes a whiff but shows indifference. “I just smell fabric softener and vanilla. I barely smell the ocean.”

 

Rolling her eyes, she pulls Seulgi to the register. “You’ll only smell the ocean if you’re close enough. Plus, it lasts for a long, long time.”

 

Seulgi pretended not to be flustered at Irene’s teasing tone. She knew she wanted the fragrance to put an effect on Irene, but she didn’t expect it to affect her that way.

 

Irene clings onto Seulgi as she pays for the new cologne. She takes in the Incanto Charms, hoping it wouldn’t be the last time. Although she loved Seulgi’s original smell, she appreciated how this new scent would be something different. 

 

The two walked out of La Parfum, but a small bottle or blue and pink caught Irene’s eyes. “Seulgi-yah, wait here.”

 

“Where are you—,” Seulgi was about to follow, but Irene gave her one look and the whipped bear knew to stay put. 

 

It wasn’t even another 10 minutes until Irene came out with another bag. 

 

“Did you buy one for yourself? I would’ve been more than happy to pay for it.”

 

Irene smiles from ear to ear. “It’s okay. It’s my gift to you since you got something kinda for me.” Seulgi peeks in the bag. She recognizes the blue box. “I noticed you were running out.” Seulgi then looks up at Irene. 

 

“You didn’t have to. I mean, that’s why I bought this new one.” 

 

Irene holds it out for her again. “That’s a cologne. This is perfume. Plus, it’d be a shame if you stopped wearing this one. I know it’s your favorite and I like it on you, too.” 

 

Seulgi sheepishly takes the bag. “Thanks, Baechu.” 

 

Irene latches onto Seulgi’s arm, leaning her head against her shoulder. They begin window shopping at the other stores, but both women know it’s probably the end of their shopping day. “So, Seulgi, was there any fragrance that you’d like on me?” 

 

Seulgi hums. “Not really. I’m not really affected by smell that much. They all smell good to me.” 

 

“What about the other senses? Is there a type of clothing that you like me in? Do you like my hair up a certain way? Ah! You said you like it when I talk in my Daegu accent. It’s gonna be tough, but if you ask, I will do Daegu aegyo if you want.” Irene stops in her tracks, wanting to retract that statement. “Yes. I will do that… for you… if you want.”

 

Seulgi chuckles at her deflated girlfriend. She pulls her hand away and puts it around Irene’s shoulder. She places her lips near Irene’s ear, knowing it would . “Don’t worry,” she starts in a low tone, “I just love the way you make me feel.”

 

Irene groans in disgust. “Ugh. You’ve been hanging around Wannie too much. That’s so greasy!” She crosses her arms and struts faster away from the bear.

 

--

 

A/N: Hope you guys liked that[: 

What did y'all think of the new subunit? I absolutely love it! Have you guys voted yet? PM me if you haven't and would like to know! Let's get more wins for our girls!

Stay safe and healthy everyone <3