Yongsun, 27

It's Not a Match!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You have 64 new likes. Open Tinder and swipe to see if it’s a match!

“Wow” Wheein muttered picking up her best friend’s phone after reading the notification. “You’re a success!”

“I don’t even open that app,” Byulyi answered, shrugging. “I don’t have good memories, I guess?”

Wheein sighed loudly, not believing she had to listen to that again. Even with their busy lives, they managed to meet at least once a week to keep the friendship alive. Byulyi often had to leave the office she worked at earlier for their coffee dates and work late the next day to make up for it, but she didn’t care.

“Unnie, how long are you going to whine about Seulgi?!” she stared at her older friend, but Byulyi looked down, pretending to play with her fingers. “It’s over. She moved on and you should too. ” She smiled, trying to light up the mood. “Besides, it’s funny to judge people, c’mon, take your mind of that.”

The blonde laughed and unlocked her phone, waiting while the app loaded. Byulyi didn’t have the best love history. She liked three or four people before and only confessed to one of them. People were too complicated and being gay made it even worse. Seriously. A few months back she had a short but intense relationship with a girl from Tinder. Kang Seulgi. She was gorgeous, funny and every moment with her was special, but Byulyi was too shy and insecure and at some point, this ruined their relationship. It was just not meant to be. Things didn’t end in a horrible way, but she was not sure she was ready to be in another relationship so soon.

“Oh, she’s nice,” Wheein said, looking at a profile. The girl had white hair and some photos with her small dog - Byul wasn’t sure but looked like a French bulldog -. She was very cute, but not Byulyi’s type. The younger looked up for some reaction but seeing Byulyi shrugging, she sighed and swiped to the left, what made the word ‘nope’ appear like a stamp on the girl’s picture.

The next one was gorgeous. She kind of looked like a model, super confident and all of the photos in her profile looked like taken by professionals. Wheein smiled to herself, pleased with it and gave her a like by swiping to the right.

“Hey, I didn’t approve it!” Byulyi complained loudly, grabbing Wheein’s arm to make the younger girl look at her.

“What is there to not approve, unnie?” she rolled her eyes.  “She’s beautiful.”

“Maybe she’s not my type?” Byulyi raised an eyebrow.

“Please, she’s everybody’s type” Wheein chuckled, dismissing her options.

It didn’t take long for her to realize Wheein wasn’t really worried about her opinion on any of those girls. Byulyi enjoyed reading the profiles and trying to guess how those people were like, even though the point of the app was to be a human’s menu. All of her efforts were now in the trash. She crossed her arms, annoyed, looking around. The coffee shop was weirdly empty since it was past the time everyone got off work and she decided to order another coffee before things got crazy. She waved to the brunette waitress with an incredible long hair p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter