(don't) leave the window open

(like an elepha-) Dragon in the China Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wizards were born with magic pulsing in their veins, but their whole potential could only be unleashed if they found a familiar that they could bind their life force to. Without one, they could do this and that, create potions that could heal (or hurt), or even curse a few humans just for the heck of it, but they were incapable of big things.

The upside of things was that since wizards were not considered adults until they found their 'match', they stopped ageing in their twenties... But who would want to live for a long time while not even being able to use half of the power they had?

Fools, some said.

And Min Yoongi was one of them. In all genuine honesty, if he could avoid looking for whatever pest that he was supposed to bump into randomly (like his mother) or accidentally create (like his stupidly talented friend forever well, he was going to.

Even if that meant that he could not even heat up coffee without using up all the energy he had for the whole day.

(so maybe, human inventions like the stupid expensive coffee maker that he had bought a few months back were not so stupid.)

Now, Yoongi has been alive for twenty-five years – but did not look any different from when he just turned twenty. Maybe it was just genetics (he was still in his twenties after all), but being a wizard and all, he decided that he had just achieved immortality.

Of course, it was annoying that he was not nearly as powerful as he could have been, but was it really a good idea to find another complete being to take care of? Responsibility was something he loathed as it came along with tedious tasks like, caring, for example.

And honestly, he did not do caring. Yes, he tolerated his friends, but they were different.

Familiars tended to be pesky little brats that needed to be loved and held – like his uncle (his mother's best friend that really, used to be nothing but a dog that followed her home until one day she just turned him into a human because well, she was pretty good at that stuff), or like Jin, his best friend's fairy who needed to be reassured nearly every day that yes, he was the most beautiful winged creature ever.

According to Yoongi, he was not.

So yeah, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter