Chapter 6

Twice A Fool

 

"Here, for your headache." Mina handed him a bottle of ibuprofen that she always have in her bag. "take that after you finish your meal."

 

 

He thankfully smiled at her. "Thanks." 

 

 

"Let me guess." Sana put her chopsticks down and seriously look at her best friend besides her. They are having their lunch together at the cafeteria. "You spent the whole night with a pile of paper works again, right?" 

 

 

"I have to..." Jeongyeon pouted then leaned his elbows on the table and massage his head. "...Got some paper works needed to be done."

 

 

"Jeongyeon, it's just the beginning of the semester and yet you're already overworking yourself." Sana stares at him with a worry face. 

 

 

"Don't overwork things, Jeongyeon." Mina sincerely said. 

 

 

"Thanks for worrying, guys, but I'll be okay." He gave them an assuring smile. "This is just a headache it will eventually fade away." He said and lay his head on the table with his forehead facing it.

 

 

"How can you be okay with that, stupid?" He heard Sana said.

 

 

A moment later he felt soft fingers touching and his forehead. He look at his side and see his best friend who's focused on massaging his head.

 

 

"This will help you to relieve the pain." She said.

 

 

Jeongyeon genuinely smiled and move closer to her to give her better access. 'How lucky I am to have her.'

 

 

"You got a lot of things going on, Jeongyeon. You got school work, you're training in the IM company, plus your duties as the president of the student council. How can you handle those stuffs?"

 

 

"I don't know, but I'm just enjoying the feeling of challenge that those stuffs gives me." He answered with his eyes close feeling the relief and gentleness that Sana's magical fingers is giving him.

 

 

Sana rolled her eyes and sighed to his answer. "It's confirmed, you're one hell of a workaholic person."

 

 

"Hey guys!— oooh, a lovey dovey time it is."

 

 

Sana beamed her eyes at Dahyun as she annoyingly distance herself from Jeongyeon.

 

 

"Yah! I was having a massage here!" Jeongyeon complained.

 

 

"You two look perfect together. Why don't you two just date each other?"

 

 

"You're crazy. Who would want to date a person who prefer spending his nights with a bunch of documents and paperworks just to end up whining how his head hurts because of it?"

 

 

Jeongyeon look at Sana ready to say something but just smiled at her.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Nothing." He stated and pouted. "Can you continue the massage, please?"

 

 

Dahyun and Mina chuckled as they witnessed an awkward but kinda cheesy atmosphere that their friends are having right now.

 

 

"By the way Mina. Where's Jaeyoung?" Dahyun asked Mina.

 

 

"Aren't you supposed to be with her in class?" Jeongyeon asked as he was disappointed Sana ignored his request.

 

 

"Yeah, but she's not in the class the whole morning."

 

 

"Actually, Jaeyoung didn't went back at the dorm yesterday." Mina stated.

 

 

"Oh is that so." Dahyun place his hand under his chin and massage it. "I wonder where she went..."

 

 

"Well, maybe she just went somewhere and forgot to tell you guys." Sana commented. 

 

 

They all nodded to agree.

 

 

"By the way, speaking of Jaeyoung. I had a really crazy encounter with a guy last night."

 

 

"You did it with a guy? What is that supposed to do with Jaeyoung?" Jeongyeon said in jest.

 

 

Dahyun scowled and look at his friend before continuing. "As I was saying, I saw a drunk guy... and the crazy thing is..." he take a bite from his meal first and continued. "..he was just really look like Son Jaeyoung, like really, really alike! I was sober last night so I knew I was not imagining things and—"

 

 

A sudden sound of a steal that dropped on the floor interrupted him.

 

 

They all look at the way where the it came from.

 

 

"S-Sorry guys." Mina apologized as she raise the fork that she dropped.

 

 

"Maybe he's just one of her relatives." Jeongyeon continue to the topic after a second.

 

 

Dahyun crossed his hands on his chest while remembering the face of the guy he encountered. "Hmm, more like her twin brother I guess."

 

 

"Twin? Well, that's cool! Jaeyoung has a twin brother!" Sana said in amusement. "Did she told you about it Mina-chan?"

 

 

"Uhm.. Yeah, yeah she mentioned it." Mina simply answered busying herself on her food.

 

 

"That guy was intoxicated last night at the parking lot, he even mistook my car as his, even trying to open it!..."

 

 

Mina secretly rolled her eyes before having a bite of her food. 'He's careless as ever.'

 

 

"...Luckily, his girlfriend came. Ugh, he's so lucky, she's really just my type—"

 

 

Again, Dahyn was interrupted when suddenly one of his friends was suddenly choking from the food she was eating.

 

 

"Yah Mina, are you okay?" Jeongyeon worryingly asked as Sana immediately hand her cousin a glass of water.

 

 

Mina sighed deeply as she was relieved. She secretly hissed in irritation for an unknown reason. "Y-yeah, thanks, I'm okay now."

 

 

"Why you suddenly choke onto some jokbal? Is something bothering you?" 

 

 

"No, no. I'm fine, no worries." Mina shook her head. "I'm really fine now, It was just pure carelessness of mine."

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung woke up with a bad hangover from last night. He sat up and roamed his eyes inside the familiar room. He smiled. He's in his current apartment. 

 

 

He walk around and saw his paintings hanging on the wall while the other unfinished ones are place on the floor. When he left the Son mansion his paintings was the one who's helping him to earn money providing his needs and expenses. It was not that much but it was enough for him.

 

 

As he was inspecting some of his unfinished works a big canvas on an easel caught his attention. He walked towards it and removed the dusty white cloth covering it.

 

 

It's an unfinished painting of Mina. He stares at it and touch it tracing the brush that he made from the painting. 

 

 

He smile as he remember how he got this picture. The scene was where he first saw Mina for the first time while practicing her ballet routine alone in the school's auditorium.

 

 

It was already a week ago when the first class started but for 'the great' Son Chaeyoung it was his first day. And here he is as he chose to spend his day sleeping inside the school auditorium.

 

 

He was comfortably asleep when a sudden sound of classical music interrupted his slumber. 

 

 

"Aish! Where the does that sound came from?" He mumbled  as he sat down squinting his eyes trying to search where the sound came from. He was on the last row in the dark side of the theater.

 

 

In just a seconds he saw a female figure on the stage. His left brow curiously lifted trying to guess what will the girl about to do on the stage. 

 

 

In a moment the girl began to dance performing her ballet routine gracefully.

 

 

He was astonished as he was carefully watching the girl's every movement. It was all elegant and captivating... but it was just not it... "She's beautiful.." He had saw some professional ballerinas performed before, but those girls didn't gave him this sudden interest and excitement feeling that this girl is giving him right now.

 

 

 An unknown smile was suddenly formed on Chaeyoung's lips. After he watched her dancing for a few minutes the girl took a break to set up her portable speaker with a new classical song as her background music. He wasted no time, he quickly got his phone from his pants' pocket and decided to seat nearer to the stage to get a better view. 

 

 

As she started to dance again, a multiple shots of her from Chaeyoung's phone followed.

 

 

Focusing on his phone he suddenly noticed that the girl stopped dancing.

 

 

She finally noticed him. The girl look surprise with his presence.

 

 

Chaeyoung puts down his phone and genuinely smiled with his dimple proudly showing off to the girl. "Don't be shy, go on. You can continue." He said gesturing his hand to stage.

 

 

The girl frowned in confusion and shook her head. "I-I must go." She said and quickly picked her things up before exiting the stage.

 

 

"Love your performance by the way!" He added making sure that she heard it before she was finally gone. "Maybe I can attend school regularly." Confidently putting his hands on his pocket a mischievous smile formed on his lips for an unknown reason. "I should know where her class is."

 

 

Little did the he know that the ballerina will be in the same class as his and as luck finally hits him she'll be his seat-mate who'll give him the kind of entertainment no one else can give him, the one will give meaning to his life as he stay in Japan. 

 

 

Chaeyoung's reminiscing was suddenly interrupted when he heard his phone ringing. He took a last glance of Mina on his painting before he picked up his phone on his bed.

 

 

"Hey, good morning Momoring."

 

 

"Morning? It's already two in the afternoon!"

 

 

Chaeyoung looked at the wall clock. '!'

 

 

"I was calling you few times already."

 

 

"Sorry, I just woke up."

 

 

"Okay. By the way, I prepared something for you to eat, it's in the fridge, just heat it."

 

 

He then walk to the fridge to see the foods. "Thank you so much Momo. You're really the best."

 

 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm hanging up now. Just pay my greatness with jokbal, okay?"

 

 

"Of course, ma'am." He smiled as she shook his head and ended the conversation. "She's really a jokbal addict."

 

 

-

 

 

After finishing his meal Chaeyoung immediately took a shower then went back to his dress up and make his way back to his twin sister's dorm.

 

 

For sure Jaeyoung will be pissed once she knew that he skipped class for the whole day.

 

 

As Chaeyoung got to the dorm he looked around to see no one was there. He sighed in relief then threw his bag on the upper deck of the bed. 

 

 

As he finished arranging his things he stares at the bed under his. He sighed and sat on the said bed. 

 

 

The bed is so girly, neat and clean that there were no dirt nor visible wrinkles can be seen on her sheet. 'This is so Mina.'

 

 

Without a thought he lay on the bed. He closed his eyes and hugged the fluffy pillow near him. He took a deep breath inhaling the sweet vanilla sugar that he missed. "How I missed this." 

 

 

"Uhmm.. Jaeyoung?"

 

 

Chaeyoung quickly opened and widened his eyes in surprise as he heard the familiar voice. "M-Mina?" 'Oh .. Did she just saw me sniffing her pillow like a crazy—his eyes turned bigger as he noticed that the girl standing in front of him was only wearing a piece of towel to cover her body. He was dumbfounded.

 

 

"Jaeyoung, you're here.. Dahyun was looking for you this morning."

 

 

He gulped and blinked his eyes twice as he tried to understand what she just said. "S-Sorry, I-I invaded your space, I-I was just—Ouch!" He tried to got up from her bed but before he can his head bumped hard on the frame causing him to sit on the bed again. 

 

 

'Aaaaah! It ing hurt!' He screamed internally while holding his forehead.

 

 

"Oh gosh! Are you okay Jaeyoung?" Mina worryingly approached him and leaned towards to see his forehead. "This might swell..." She was intently looking on his forehead with her other hand resting on her chest.

 

 

Chaeyoung gulped. He's feeling intoxicated with her scent all over again. ', she's so near me!' God knows how hard he's trying his best to keep his sinful eyes focus on her face right now. 'Damn, look straight ahead Chaeyoung!' 

 

 

As he was trying hard to focus to look up at her he noticed that Mina's stares suddenly changed. It's not the same concern look she was giving him few minutes ago but more likely confusion slowly forming on her face. 

 

 

She suddenly closed her eyes and shook her head. "W-Wait here, I should get you an ice pack." She just stated and quickly went to the kitchen, a moment later she came back with an ice pack on her hand. "Here, this can help." She offered.

 

 

"Thanks... and again, sorry about earlier." he said as he stares at her. 

 

 

"I-It's okay. Just be careful next time." She just said and immediately excuse herself to get her clothes in her closet that she forgot to bring in the bathroom.

 

 

 

-

 

 

The next day.

 

 

"Jaeyoung, where were you yesterday?" Dahyun asked his seat mate who's currently yawning at the moment.

 

 

"Uhm.. I just visited a friend." 

 

 

"You missed the whole class."

 

 

'And for sure Jaeyoung will curse me if she knew about it.' Chaeyoung just shrugged.

 

 

"By the way..." Dahyun leaned to his left side towards Jaeyoung. "..I just had an encounter with a guy who's freaking looks like you. It's crazy! Is he your brother or something?"

 

 

"Ah yeah, I guess." He simply answered and yawned again. So, he was not imagining things when he thought he saw Dahyun that night. "I actually have a twin brother—A really handsome one to be exact." He convincingly smiled to him while moving his brows up and down.

 

 

Dahyun tilted his head like a dog. "He was drunk."

 

 

"But still handsome right?" Chaeyoung answered gesturing his forefinger.

 

 

"Does my class bores you two so much that you guys are having your own discussion right now, huh, miss Son and mister Kim?"

 

 

Chaeyoung and Dahyun stiffened on their seat.

 

 

 "Hehe. Of course not, sir." Dahyun said as he forcefully smile in trouble.

 

 

"Y-Yeah, I think you're perfectly cool, sir. Lee" Chaeyoung said giving him his most girlish smile.

 

 

"Really? I don't know about that..." Mr. Lee leaned towards them. "..because as I see, my class seem to be that fun for you two that you were either late, absent, sleeping and now chatting in my class!" He shouted in anger. "Everybody! Chapter test in five minutes!"

 

 

Everybody in their class took a glance of them in annoyance as they were mumbling about their professor's sudden announcement.

 

 

"! Do you have notes?" Chaeyoung asked Dahyun.

 

 

"I didn't take notes either!"

 

 

"What? Did you just sit here and act that you'll remember the whole lecture?"

 

 

Dahyun leaned to Chaeyoung and whispered. "I fell asleep yesterday!"

 

 

"Aish!" He rubbed his nape.

 

 

"Here." A notebook suddenly appeared in front of them.

 

 

Both them look at Chaeyoung's seatmate on his left side.

 

 

The two look at each other in confusion then look at the guy again. "You sure dude? You're not gonna use it?"

 

 

"I don't have to." The guy simply answered showing no expression.

 

 

"Oh..." Chaeyoung look at the notebook's cover. "Thanks, Chou... Tzuyu." He said as he read the name on the cover.

 

 

Tzuyu just nodded and took a glance of them before returning his attention to a fiction book that he's secretly reading.

 

 

"Uhm, Jaeyoung." Dahyun leaned closer to him and ask in whisper. "...Can you really review the whole chapter in just five minutes?"

 

 

Chaeyoung look at him in grimace. 'Oh, '

 

 

Five minutes later, their mock up test started. The two tried to memorize everything they scanned from the Chaeyoung's generous seat mate but it wasn't enough to answer all these one hundred unfamiliar words and questions on their test paper right now.  

 

 

'We're doomed.' 

 

 

They were both left with no choice. 

 

 

They end up stealing a glance at Tzuyu's answer sheet with their ninja like moves... but little did they know their professor was already at their back watching the whole crime.

 

 

 

 

©️kgi_story

 

 

 

Hi guys! 

 

So, this is my first author note. I would really like to thanks everyone who's supporting this story.. like really, thanks mah lovessss :* :* :* I may not be posting chapters regularly but I'll try my best to post it once I'm satisfied with the chapter (don't really want to publish it impulsively)

 

By the way,  how's the story so far? I'm kinda anxious writing all the flashbacks, how was it? Was it annoying/confusing in any ways?