Chapter 5

Twice A Fool

The loud sound of music welcomed Chaeyoung as he enters the Jigger's Club. He smiled. It felt so long since the last time he's been here.

 

As he makes his way to the counter, he noticed some eyes are following him—probably just girls—or gays checking on him. Of course now he's finally wearing his casual clothes it's not a surprise anymore to see them drooling over him.

 

"A bottle of Vodka, please." He said to the bartender who was still busy mixing drinks at the other side. 

 

"Okay sir, a bottle of Vodka and any addition--Chaeyoung!?"

 

Chaeyoung flashed a smile deepening his dimple as the familiar bartender finally noticed him. "Anyeong, Momoring." He greeted his friend as he take his seat besides the counter.

 

In surprise the girl almost leap from the other side of the counter just to reached and pinched Chaeyoung's cheeks. "Where have you been? You haven't visit here for awhile." She said as she let go of his cheeks.

 

He wrinkled his nose and shrugged. "You know, same thing, same happened... and it got me again."

 

"Now, what did you do this time, cub?" She asked and got him his bottle of vodka and glass.

 

'Ahh, she really knows me so well.' 

 

"I just found out that..." he cut his sentence as he fill his glass with the drink. He then stares at his friend seriously. "...that I just knocked up a girl." 

 

"What the hell!" Momo's eyes widened in shock and quickly gave him a punch on his left arm. "What are you doing to your life, Son Chaeyoung!? Who the hell is that girl and--"

 

Chaeyoung bit his inner cheeks to hold his laughter but he can't take it anymore so he burst out laughing.

 

"Yah! Did you just--Aish!" She hit him again but this time giving her full force.

 

"Ouch! That hurt, I was just joking!" He grumbled while laughing at the same time.

 

"You little rascal! I thought it was real!" She was about to hit him again but luckily he dodged it.

 

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you what really happened." He said while shaking his head. Afterwards he then shared to his friend why he end up disguising as his twin sister and how he met that one familiar girl again.

 

"That sounds crazy and funny at the same time," Momo commented.

 

"Yeah, tell me about it."

 

"So... how's your girl doing now?" She curiously asked and leaned her elbows on the other side of the counter.

 

"She's not my girl anymore..." He snorted and took a shot on his drink. He then lazily lay his head on the counter and smiled while looking at the bottle of Vodka. "...But, she's still beautiful as ever."

 

Momo leaned on the counter and stares at him. "What's with that face, hmm? Care to share?"

 

"What do you mean?" He hissed and sat up. "There's nothing to share here." He stated giving his friend a full smile before he depleted his first glass. "Argh! How I miss this baby!"

 

"Come on, cub. I know that smile means something and—" Before Momo can finished her sentence she was cut off when her manager called her. She looked at her friend.

 

"Go ahead, I'm all good here." Chaeyoung said raising his glass of vodka.

 

Momo pouted and stares at her friend for a moment. She sighed. "I'll be back later then."

 

 

-

 

 

It was already late in the afternoon when Mina finished all of her homework. She stretched her arms and decided to throw herself on her bed.

 

"Finally." She muttered and hugged the near pillow besides her.

 

A moment later she felt her phone vibrated. She lazily search for the device on her bed.

 

When she finally picked it up. She was surprised to saw that there were already twenty-seven missed calls and fifty-six messages from an unknown number on her lock screen. 

 

She bit her lower lip wondering from who could be that number was. She sat up before opening the messages.

 

[Mina, don't forget our date :3 .. 3 pm at the amusement park ok?] 

 

"Amusement park?" She muttered and continued reading the messages.

 

[I'm getting ready now. How about you?]

 

[I'm already here at the amusement park]

 

[Minari are you coming?]

 

Mina's eyes widened and remembered. 'It's Son Chaeyoung.' She scrolled to see more.

 

[Are you planning to ditch me? :( ]

 

[You know you can't do that ;) ]

 

[Where are you?]

 

[Heyy, Minari.]

 

'This guy is so full of himself. Does he really think that I’m going to have a date with him?' Mina smirked and went back laying on her bed again. 

 

She was about to close her eyes when she felt her phone vibrating again. 

 

She picked up her phone and saw the unknown number calling again. She immediately declined the call but a moment later she received a another message.

 

[I'll fetch you up at your house.]

 

Mina's brows furrowed. 'What is this guy trying to do?'

 

[I'm coming]

 

Mina panicked and quickly dialed Chaeyoung's number.

 

"Minari" The other line greeted her. 

 

"What are you doing, Son Chaeyoung?!"

 

"I'm going to fetch you." He simply answered.

 

"What?! No! How did you know my address?"

 

"I'm Son Chaeyoung. I got my ways, you know." 

 

"You should not come here." Mina said. She doesn't like the idea of him coming to her house right now, her parents will surely be surprised, she never brought a friend or anyone to their house. She's afraid that her parents might got the wrong idea, it'll definitely cause her a lot of trouble.

 

"What? I'm almost a street near your house already."

 

"No, no, no don't come." She got up from the bed.

 

"Na-ah. You should've knew that you can't ditch me, Minari."

 

She bit her lips. "I beg you, please don't. I-I'll just go there and meet you instead.”

 

She heard him sighed on the other line. "Fine. I'm at Shiroto St. right now, I'll be just waiting for you at a convenience store right here."

 

 "O-Okay, wait for me then."

 

"Make sure you're not fooling me, Minari."

 

"I am not. I promise I'll be there"

 

"Okay then, I'll give you five minutes."

 

"Five minutes?!"

 

"Yeah, and the time starts now!”

 

You must be kidding me’

 

“Just a reminder, if you failed to show up in time I will come to your house and go straight to your parents and ask for their only daughter's hand in marriage."

 

Mina's brows furrowed. "You're crazy." 'There he goes again with the teasing.'

 

"Tik Tok, tik tok. Time is running, Minari." She heard him chuckling.

 

Mina internally screamed in annoyance before she stormed out of their house.

 

 

-

 

 

Panting, Mina reached the convenience store.

 

"Woah! You got it on time, Mina!” Chaeyoung said as he approached her.

 

She rolled her eyes and immediately sat besides the vacant table outside the store. She's exhausted.

 

"Yah, Mina you're sweating a lot. Wait here." He then went back to the convenience store. "Here." Chaeyoung got her a bottled water then he sat at the vacant chair in front of her. "Use this too." He hand her a handkerchief "Don't worry I haven't used it, it's clean.".

 

She looks at him as if contemplating to accept his generosity. "T-Thanks." She's still annoyed with Chaeyoung but she's already sweating so much so she accepted the offer. 

 

She tied up her long straight jet black hair first before using the handkerchief to pat it with her neck as she can already feel her sweat dripping on it. "Look at what you did to me, Son Chaeyoung. That was a long run and I—"

 

Mina's eyes furrowed as she noticed Chaeyoung was gazing up at her—at her exposed neck to be exact. 'This ert!'

 

"Ouch!" He grumbled as she kick his leg with all her force under the table. 

 

"You ert!" She stand up and throw the handkerchief on his face as she walked out.

 

"W-Wait, Mina!" Still in pain from her kick Chaeyoung followed her and caught her arm. "Mina..wait. I-I was just.." he rubbed his nape with his other hand. "I honestly didn't noticed that I was staring."

 

Mina just shoved his hand and continued walking.

 

"Aish! Mina, I'm sorry!" He brushed his hair with his hand. 

 

Still she ignored him.

 

"Fine! Let's go back to your house so I can meet your parents now and—"

 

Mina stopped walking and face him again. She looked at him in disbelief. "What do you really want from me, Son Chaeyoung?"

 

He smiled. "I told you. We're going to have a date."

 

 

-

 

 

"You're really born to make my life miserable aren't you?" 

 

"What? That was fun right?"

 

"For some, it was!" She sarcastically said as she get down from the scary roller coaster ride with her hair in mess and knees getting weak and wobbly.

 

"Wanna go for another one?"

 

"No way! I'll never gonna go back to that ride again." They almost took every ride in the amusement park and still he can't get enough?! Mina can't really understand where did this guy's energy came from.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled and looked at her in amusement. A moment later he come closer to her and suddenly runs his fingers through her hair to fix it. 

 

Surprised with his sudden action Mina stares at him following his movements as he brushed her hair with his fingers.

 

"Come on, I'll piggyback you." He said and suddenly kneeled down the pavement waiting for her to accept his offer.

 

Mina stares at the guy’s back and touched her cheeks. Why does her face feel hot all of the sudden? 'Maybe I'm still dizzy from the ride.' "N-No, thanks." She passed besides him and ignored his offer.

 

"You don't want a piggyback?" She felt Chaeyoung followed her. "...Hmm, how about this?"

 

"Kyaah!" Mina's eyes widened as she was suddenly lift by Chaeyoung’s firm arms. He was now carrying her in bridal style. "C-Chaeyoung!"

 

"So sweet!"

 

"Oh, young couple!"

 

"They look cute together!"

 

"Chaeyoung! People are staring, put me down!" Mina frowned as she tried to hide her face from the people by burying it on his chest. 'This is so embarrassing!'

 

"Let them be." 

 

She hit his chest in annoyance. "Put me down! I hate you!" 

 

Chaeyoung looked at her with his eyes fully entertained. "You let me wait for two freaking hours, let's just serve this as your punishment, Minari."

 

 

-

 

 

Dahyun was sweating as he got out of the club. He sighed deeply. Thank God he escaped from that annoying girl.

 

He met the girl a couple of days ago and she's been pestering him since then. The girl was being way too clingy, it annoys him! '! I don't even know her name!'

 

He decided to go back to the parking lot where he left his love of his life—aka his car. Playing his keys on his finger he stopped all of the sudden as he noticed a figure of a man holding a bottle besides his car. 

 

'What the hell is that guy doing to my car!?' The guy seems like he's trying to open the door of his car.

 

"Aish!" He walked fast towards the guy. "Yah! What are you doing?!"

 

"I-I can't open my car." The guy waddled as he tried to open the door again.

 

"Yah! That's my car!" Dahyun shoved the guy away from his car. "You're drunk. You got it wrong, this is my—" His eyes widened in surprise. "What the—S-Son Jaeyoung!?" He said pointing his index finger to the familiar face.

 

The guy shoved his hand. "I'm not Jaeyoung! S-She’s a pest in my life! I am Son ing Chaeyoung! Aish! Where's my ing key?!"

 

Dahyun frowned and scanned the guy. He can't believe what he's seeing right now. '! This guy really resembles Jaeyoung a lot!'

 

As he was staring at the poor drunk guy he was startled when Chaeyoung suddenly burst out of laughter. "I-I'm sorry, dude. My mistake. I forgot, I no longer own a car." 

 

Still in surprise Dahyun stares at the guy. "I presume, we had the same model, right?"

 

Chaeyoung just nodded then he slowly sat down on the cold pavement and leaned his back besides Dahyun's car. He suddenly raised his bottle of Vodka to offer it to Dahyun. 

 

Dahyun shook his head. "Got enough already. But dude, I think you're already intoxicated to take another one from that."

 

He doesn't seem to hear what Dahyun said as he took another shot from his bottle. "I'm sorry. I'm just really stupid."

 

"Yeah, yeah we sometimes became really stupid when we're drunk." Dahyun crossed his arms and leaned his back to the other car besides him as he watch the guy gawking at the pavement.

 

Chaeyoung hissed. “I'm so stupid that she hate me this much..”

 

'What the hell is he talking about? This guy is so much drunk!’

 

"Chaeyoung!? Chaeyoung is that you?" Suddenly a girl with a worry look on her face approached them.

 

"Your boyfriend... he’s—"

 

Momo look at him with her brows furrowed.

 

He suddenly feel uncomfortable. "Y-You see, he's really wasted with the alcohol right now.”

 

She sighed and shifted her attention to her friend. She then approach him. "Aish, Look At you, cub. You're all drunk now." She took the bottle before he can have another drink.

 

"I'm not drunk!" Chaeyoung's eyes squinted as he saw his precious bottle being taken away from him. "Yah! I paid that. Give it back to me." He tried to reach it but Momo just shoved his hand. 

 

"Yah, stop now." She was just gone for a moment and now here she found her friend totally wasted in a parking lot.

 

Chaeyoung pouted in defeat and stared at the pavement once again. "I want it back..." He mumbled. 

 

"Come on, Chae. It's enough, I'll take you to your apartment." Momo said and helped her friend to got up. 

 

Dahyun noticed that the girl was struggling so he helped her. "Can you take him home alone in this situation?"

 

She look at the guy and was about to answer when Chaeyoung interrupted and hug her all of the sudden.

 

"Momo..."

 

"Yah, what are you doing all of the sudden?!" She tried to release herself from his hug but his hug became tighter.

 

"I want it back..." he muttered.

 

"I said it's enough already—"

 

"—I want her... I want her back."

 

 

-

 

 

©️kgi_story