Chapter 2: A Connection and a Kiss

Postmarked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Really?!” The male’s voice cried out as the pair stopped in front of a children’s department store. Jackson nodded excitedly in response. “I’m so jealous.. Yugyeom said that he’s already taking care of a child and we don’t need me spoiling a baby’s mind. The Thai boy’s lips formed a pout the more he explained.

The ravenette chuckled, “Well to be fair.. You dab every morning.. Remember?” Jackson said with a roll of his eyes.

“Every kid should know how to dab! And hit the woah too!” Bambam defended quickly. “And think of a baby me doing it! So cute!” the younger exclaimed, nearly squealing.

“I think Yugyeom knows what he’s talking about..” Jackson retorted. “We go in to the adoption agency Thursday..”

Jackson knew that this was the biggest step that their relationship had taken since when he met Mark. Jackson bit his lip, a soft look crossing his features as he saw a little boy grinning to his mother, strutting in what appeared to be the ‘coolest pair’ of Ironman shoes.

“Bam… I’m so nervous..” he whispered barely above a breath.

Bambam looked up from his phone, “You said something?” he asked with raised brows. Jackson looked over at the other, shaking his head with a smile.

“Let’s head back to the studio.. Mark and Yugyeom are probably done by now.”

Though Jackson was employed under Beast, his workload was still nowhere near the other two men. He worked about half of what they did, but it gave him time to keep up with Bambam.

~~

The next two days seemed to fly by, lasting only a few minutes each. And then they were here, standing in front of the agency that may have their future child within its walls.

“Mark.. What if none of the kids want two dads? What if they are against us adopting because there’s no mother? What if-”

“Shh.” Mark hushed his husband with a single finger against his lips. “We’ll never know, Jackson. We need to try first. And if worse comes to worse, there are overseas adoption agencies.” The brunette pulled Jackson in for a comforting hug, kissing his temple. “Let’s go, we don’t want to be late.”

Jackson took a deep breath as he nodded, taking Mark’s hand in his own before walking into the building.

Sitting in front of the two women in the office after handing in the applicant paperwork, Jackson could feel their scrutinizing gazes. He adjusted himself as the nerves caused chills to run up his spine. If it weren’t for the thin fingers of his husband crossing over to squeeze his own hand, Jackson was almost certain he would have fainted.

“So, you two both work for an entertainment company?” The taller of the two women, Mrs. Kim, asked.

Mark nodded, “Yes. I’m a producer and Jackson is a vocal trainer and choreography.” He explained calmly. “We both are allowed a year off under FMLA in order to bond with our child, but after that year, we would adjust our hours in order for someone to be home always.”

“And you’ve been married, how long was it? Three years?” She glared at the application.

“Yes, Three years ago in Ma-”

The woman cut his answer off, “And what if you found out that you were more interested in women next year?”

“Well-” Mark began before his raven haired husband frowned and interrupted.

“Mrs. Kim, pardon me. But if I questioned if you truly loved your husband, it wouldn’t be right. Would it?” Jackson said as the shorter of the two nodded with Jackson. “We are still very much in love. We just want to start our family and share our love with a child that needs it.”

Mark stared at Jackson as the other let that passion that he loved so much flow through his words.

“Ah.. well.” The taller woman started.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter