Secretly Dating

Forgotten Secret

 

Sunday came and it was Jong-Suk's fan meeting. My team and I arrived early in the tent dressing room and started setting up our stuff. I started playing music from my cellphone to boost the energy inside the dressing room. The host and a few members of the production are already inside waiting for Jong-Suk.

'Anyeong haseyo stylist-nim' Everyone who gets inside the dressing room greeted me. Being in the industry for quite a while, almost everyone knows my company.

I was briefing my team when Jong-Suk came, talking with the lady beside him. The face is familiar but I can't remember the name.

'Anyeong MinYoung.' Jong-Suk tapped my arm looking around the dressing room. He asked the lady with him to sit down while my team work on him. I explained his look for today's fan meeting while the make-up artist works on his face. The host and production staff also talked with him.

'Oppa, please help me to talk to him.' I heard the lady talked with Jong-Suk said while he was inside the changing room.

I met Jong-Suk when he went out. 'I won't promise anything Ji-Hyun.' Jong-Suk answered looking at himself in the mirror.

'You're the only who can help me with JaeUck oppa.'

I stilled at the mention of his name and looked at the lady for a while. It couldn't be my JaeUck right? She really looks familiar, and it is possible that she is famous since everyone greeted her when she came in with Jong-Suk.

'I don't know Ji-Hyun. I don't want to meddle between the two of you.'

She glanced my way noticing that I was still in halt. I cleared my throat then and continued working.

'Did you come here knowing he'll be here too?'

'Oppa, I'm desperate.' the lady whispered.

The urge to look at her again was so strong, but I didn't. I smoothened the back of Jong-Suk and asked him to change his shoes.

'..they had a scandal before, remember?'

I heard the girl sitting beside me whispered

'Was that her? Are they still together?' the other girl ask as well.

'I don't think so, JaeUck oppa deleted their photo in instagram.'

'The question is if they even became a couple.'

I decided to ignore the two, though it was hard since they were just beside me. A food delivery came, it was for me. My assistant took it while I sign the paper from the delivery boy.

'Daebak, food delivery for stylist-nim!'

'Kre, let's eat together later.' I told them and check the food.

I texted JaeUck, informing him I got the food delivery. I wonder where he is right now. He was out last night with his friends and played pool.

'Minyoungie..!' a whispered from my right make me turn.

'Ya!' I pushed Jessica away as I was surprised by her sudden appearance. What the hell is she doing here?

'Aren't you happy to see me?' she placed her bag beside mine and started looking around. 'Oppa!' she called Jong-Suk.

'Why are you here?' I hissed, pulling her to my side. As far as I remember she have a client right now.

'Work?'

I hit her arm for being sarcastic.

'That's cruel Minyoungie..' she made a puppy face rubbing the spot where I hit her.

'Anyeong haseyo'

Everyone turned to the door where the newcomer greeted.

'There, he's my client today.' Jessica pointed at JaeUck.

Everyone greeted him, so I stood up as well. JaeUck stood in front of us with hands in his pocket, watching me with amused face.

I rolled my eyes at him which made him laugh. 'Ne, anyeong Park Minyoung-ssi.' he greeted patting my arm.

'What was that?' Jessica nudged me when JaeUck left to talk with Jong-Suk.

'What 'what'?' I feigned innocense.

'You rolling your eyes at JaeUck oppa and him laughing at you. Are you two close?'

'Aigoo...' I flicked her forehead. 'Why don't you start working since the fan meeting is about to begin ah Jessica-ssi?' I dismissed her and went back to my cellphone. I stopped reading when I heard Ji-Hyun called.

'Oppa!' she went to JaeUck and hug him. Brushing off his shoulder as if there's something in there, well there really isn't something there cause I don't see anything. My eyes are sharp when it comes to wardrobe.

Everyone in the room was looking at them, including me. I noticed how the talks tuned down, everyone must be probably listening to them.

'Oh Ji-Hyun!' JaeUck smile at her.

I noticed JaeUck was a bit hesitant, I feel something off.

'She came here looking for you JaeUck.' Jong-Suk stated.

Oh? so it was him she was mentioning earlier?

'Oppa..'

I raised my eyebrow when I saw her linking her arm with JaeUck.

'Miyahne oppa..please forgive me.'

'It was fine Ji-Hyun.' JaeUck removed her arm from him. 'The management already cleared it, just be careful next time.'

'Ani oppa..' Ji-Hyun followed JaeUck outside the changing room. 'Please, I want to make it up to you..' She snuggled to JaeUck when he went out of the changing room.

What the hell? Seriously, JaeUck just said to be careful. Why is she clinging on him? Is this how she's going to behave in front of people? Who knows what others might just do. 

'Stylist-nim, can you assist me?'

'Ne?' I turned my attention to JaeUck who's about to enter the changing room again. I walked towards Jessica confused why JaeUck is asking for my assistance. Jessica is his stylist not me. She just shrugged and pushed me inside the changing room.

'What are you doing?' I asked softly, just enough for the two of us to hear.

'How should I wear this stylist-nim?' He hugged me tight almost covering my mouth with his arm.

'Ya!' pulling down his arm. Oh my gosh, really this man, I felt so nervous that someone might just open the curtain.

'You didn't answer my call last night.'

'Tss, you called late, there's no way I would hear your phone. You know how I am when I'm asleep.'

'That's why I miss you.' he snuggled in my neck.

'Nado..but we can't be like this here.' I pushed him 'let me fix your clothes first.' it feels weird whispering. 'You didn't tell me you'll be here.' I pulled up his jeans from the waistband and untucked the white shirt he is wearing under the cardigan. His white sneakers suits his wardrobe so I didn't touch it anymore.

'You know I like surprising you.' he kissed the side of my head.

'Let's go out!' turning him around and pushing from his back. 'How about this Sica?' I gave Jessica a big smile and hopefully she would ignore my blushing cheeks.

'Oh it's better. I like the casual look.'

'Oppa, let's have a drink later with Jong-Suk oppa.' Ji-Hyun went to JaeUck again, holding his wrist.

I went out from the tent to watch the fan meeting, JaeUck keeps bugging me inside. The weather is cold but the cloud is clear, just a perfect time to have a fan meeting outdoors. Jessica followed me after a while, ranting about how displeased she is with Ji-Hyun, causing her bias to be in a scandal a few times.

'JaeUck oppa, you shouldn't stay here it's cold.' Jessica informed JaeUck, standing beside me.

'I'm fine.' JaeUck pulled the collar of my winter coat towards my neck.

'Gamsahamnida.' I can feel Jessica's look which I just ignored. We laugh at the same time when Jong-Suk was asked to dance.

'Jong-Suk oppa doesn't dance.' I told JaeUck laughing.

'He should get lessons from me..' he placed his hand on top of my head.

'I agree oppa' I whispered to him 'Show me your dance moves again.' teasing him. I watched the MV where he was dancing inside the toilet. He is so cute in there that I asked him to dance it for me. Oh boy, he did and kyaaa..I just jumped on him while dancing, couldn't resist his cuteness. He's just too much of everything.

My team met Jong-Suk when he went down from the stage for a short break.

'Hyung I'll volunteer to teach you a few dance steps.' JaeUck teased Jong-Suk.

'Ya! Are you laughing at me?'

I grab some tissues and quickly wipe the sweat off his face. I was rooted in my place when JaeUck did the same. I glared at him, wanted to shout 'what are you doing?' Even Jong-Suk and my team was also surprised and fell into silence. 

'What?' JaeUck asked. 'I wanted to try it besides, hyung is old enough to wipe his own sweats.' He took another tissue and hand it to Jong-suk. 'There hyung wipe it, you're making Minyoung tired.'

I cleared my throat and asked my assistant to finish retouching Jong-Suk. I was so thankful JaeUck was called to the stage otherwise I'll probably hit his head for being so careless.

I can't help but smile as I take pictures of JaeUck in the stage. He seems to spill charm while performing even if he just talk, the audience are captured.

'If you want to join the fans club it's okay Minyoung. I can also make you admin to the fan site I'm managing. Looks like you're also hooked by JaeUck oppa's charm.'

I laugh at Jessica, well at least she thought I'm being a fan now. If she only knows.

'But let me tell you something about JaeUck oppa.' she pulled me by the arm and whispered. 'I think he's dating!'

'Oh?' I pulled back to look at Jessica. Is she serious? 'How did you know? I mean, I'm not that curious Sica, but I heard actors are really good at hiding unless your fan club investigate on him.' I browsed at the pics I took managing to look uninterested.

'Bwo?! We would never do that to JaeUck oppa. We respect him, besides we want him to be happy.'  She pulled me again and whispered. 'Well you see, recently his posts are all late posts and he seldom uploads a picture of himself. It must be because he's busy with something or someone he couldn't share.'

'Really...?' I slowly nodded trying to understand the logic of what she's saying. Her point is possible. 'What happens then if you caught him?'

'Well..if it is us, our fan club we will not exposed him and instead protect him and his girlfriend. At least now, it wouldn't just be his team who will prepare for his birthday but he'll have someone special by his side to celebrate it. Wouldn't JaeUckk oppa be happy with that?'

I was touched by what Jessica said that I hug her. Aw, Jessica is truly sweet even if she is annoying at times.

'Ya, what are you doing?' Jessica pushed me away.

'Miyanhe..miyanhe..I just remember when our friendship started. You're a good person Sica.'

Fixing her clothes, 'So do you want to join our fans club and support JaeUck oppa?'

Ehh? 'I'll think about it.'

'What? I thought you like him now..ahh..you're such a disappointment Minyoung.' leaving me alone.


I felt the rays of the sun starting warm up my face and arms. I gathered the ends of my hair in my shoulder, holding it in one side to keep them from brushing into my face.. In the distance I can hear the sound of a violin playing, people talking and laughing. Everyone seems to be excited. I looked up and saw the assortment of orange, yellow, pink and purple all over the sky. Ah it was a perfect day to get married with the ocean as background. I waved at Jessica who is serving as the bride's maid. The bride is also a stylist and is a friend of Jessica. There were a few actors and actresses as the groom is a TV director. I was wearing a dark pink off shoulder that reached my knees. The soft fabric moves along the wind as I walk to the buffet table.

'No sweets..'

I followed the hand that took my plate. He step closer our body almost touching. I looked around to see if someone saw what he did, thankfully everyone was busy.

'What are you doing here?' I whispered. He was supposed to be in Japan for an interview.

'Attending a wedding?' smirking at me.

I pinched his side for teasing me, that made him laugh more taking the attention of other people. I have so many words to say but I can't just say it here like 'I miss you', 'you look good' but I can't. Being in a public location with JaeUck is such a struggle. No matter how I try to be modest, it's the other way around for JaeUck. As soon as we left the table, his hand held my wrist leading me to a seat.

I glared at him to prove a point but he just shrugged like he doesn't care. I want to scold him but stopped when his eyes look at me with all softness. I tried my best to avoid looking at him otherwise both of us will look stupid gazing at each other with gooey eyes.

'JaeUck! You're here? Did you skip your work in Japan?'

I stood up along with JaeUck who greeted a man who seems to be of the same age with JaeUck. I felt his hand in my back.

'Ani. We finished the work earlier so I was able to go back sooner than expected.'

'You used to stay for a couple of days after a project.' his eyes following JaeUck's hand in my back.

Aigoo..this is embarassing. He'll probably think we're a couple, well we are but isn't that supposed to be secret?

He scratch his eyebrow trying to hide a smile. 'That was before..'

I looked around, finding a way to escape JaeUck. I was about to leave them and go to Jessica when we tightened his hold on my waist and look at me.

'I'll just go to Sica.' I whispered at him before turning to the man infront of us smiling awkwardly.

'Kre.'

I realeased a sign when I left them. I went to Sica and greet the bride and the groom. We took several photos with the newly weds. Another stylist came and join our conversation.

'Pd-nim, I didn't know you're friend with JaeUck oppa' Jessica commented pointing JaeUck who's already walking towards us. Aigoo, he's coming here. I'm not just worried about him, I'm mostly worried about myself that I might be obvious as well.

'Ne, we made a music video a few months ago. He's a nice guy. I think he's dating when we were shooting, he can't let go of his phone.' he said laughing after.

'With his aura, that is not possible. Girls would go weak on him.' the bride turned to me 'Are you and JaeUck close? I saw him went to you when he arrived.'

'A..uh.. we know him, right Sica?' I elbowed Jessica. 'Our company had styled him a couple of times.' I slightly bow to JaeUck who stood beside me as he greeted the new couple.

'JaeUck-ssi, you made my wedding brighter.'

'Ya pd-nim, your bride might get mad if you keep saying that.' he removed his coat and put it on me, make me stilled in my spot. I swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling everyone's eyes at me. I was probably all red, all I can think about was for the ground to open and swallow me. I understand, he was probably worried that it was getting cold but why does he have to do it infront of many people? I just hope that they will think JaeUck is just really being kind, because he is.

I wanted to go home badly but a lot of people approached us talking most of the time to JaeUck who remained beside me. I was so worried the entire time that someone would notice us. I was torn between being happy that JaeUck takes care of me but at the same mad at him for being so careless.

I remained mum the rest of the way going to the parking lot which JaeUck noticed.

'Kwenchana?' JaeUck placed his hand on my shoulder making me jump and shrugged his hand. He stopped walking for a while, surprised with my reaction. I looked at his eyes, seeing the hurt in there making me feel bad for doing this to him. I immediately opened the front passenger door and slid inside. I took a deep breath calming myself, not to be carried away by emotions.

'Kwenchana..kwenchana..' he said softly tapping my shoulder. I close my eyes, leaning my head on the window. Mad at him for being so calm when I was about to burst inside. He started the car driving our way to the main road when I heard myself sniffing, wiping my face. He turned the car to the side, turning off the machine. He sat there silently but I can feel his gaze at me, waiting for me to calm down from crying. I felt his hand soothing my back.

'Come here.' slowly pulled me to his side embracing. I felt his kiss on my forehead, melting me. 'Kenchana Minyoung.'

'Oppa, I'm bad right?'

'Wae?' He pushed me a little looking at my face and drying my eyes with his fingers.

'I should have treated you well earlier. I missed you but I'm worried.' I placed my arms around him, hiding my face in his chest. 'What if someone noticed us? What if someone knows you'll dating? You shouldn't have done that earlier.' I hit his chest.

He took a deep breath looking into my eyes. 'You know I'll confess if I get caught right?'

'I know, and you're making it easy for them. Please..please..let's be careful next time. Let's skip attending events together.'

'Wae?'

I sat straight and look into him. 'Because..this is hard for me. I don't want to ignore and act casual.'

'You know I'll confess if I get caught.'

I quickly shook my head. 'Hajeema oppa! Don't even think about it. This is your world.' I looked at him intently, worried at how it would be for him if he confessed.

'Is that important to you?'

'You.' I touch his nape.  'You are important to me. I want to protect you.' I murmured at him, touching his lips with mine.

And all I hear about is my insane heartbeats upon hearing what I just told him. I realized how deep I am into him, scaring me more.

 

I don't want to get up. That's the first thing I told myself when I heard the buzz of my door. I groaned upon smelling JaeUck's cologne. I snuggled more in his chest while he pulled me pushing my back towards him.

'Oppa someone is at the door..'

'Hmm..kre.' He kissed my forehead, snuggling in my neck. 'That might be our food delivery.'

I slowly opened my eyes, looking up to him. 'Why would you order? I can just cook.'

'You're tired from last night.' JaeUck laughed, making me blush. I turned my back on him, burying my face into my pillow. I felt him pinched my side and got up from the bed.

I heard the door open and JaeUck talking to someone, after a few minutes he called me. He cleared his throat and called me a few times more.

'What is it?' groaning. I combed my hair with my one hand while the other one is hugging the pillow. I almost stumbled going to the door with my sleepines.

I noticed JaeUck was a bit uncomfortable as he stand beside the door. Did someone recognized him?

'Someone is looking for you MinYoung.'

'Who is -

'Park MinYoung!'

'Omma!!'