chapter 2

Accidentally In Love

Winter break ended sooner than Yoongi would’ve thought it would have. After the argument with his mum, he had left his parents’ house and went to his own apartment. Days had passed by in his apartment as he binge-watched a few shows while lazily eating snacks. He had gone out a few times too, just to catch up with his friends and see how they were doing. His parents hadn’t tried to contact him yet, during all that time, and that was surprising, but he knew that it wouldn’t be long before he heard from them again. They wouldn’t quit so easily. And he wasn’t wrong.

The first day after winter break he was running late. He had slept through all four of his alarms and had woken up from his pleasant sleep, only to find out that he had barely 15 minutes before his first class started. He was cursing his love for sleep as he tried to get ready quickly. He figured he didn’t have time for breakfast so he only got dressed up and grabbed his phone, heading out of his apartment. And right outside his door, waiting for him was his landlord with his arms crossed, his face not amused. Trying to hide his surprised expression, he made a joke about the end of the month already coming, but the other man’s face didn’t move any muscles at all.

“I’m sorry mister Min, but you need to leave. You can’t stay here anymore.” Yoongi scowled, he didn’t have time to deal with this now.

 “I paid this month’s rent though, my bank account should’ve deposited the money?” The man opposite him shook his head.

“That didn’t happen either sir. You really have to leave.” Yoongi cursed under his breath as he gestured towards the door. “I can go in and give you the money in hand then?” The man shook his head again. “I don’t want your money mr Min, I just want you to leave.”

Yoongi felt anger rising inside him as he came to the realization that he was being kicked out of his apartment. “And may I ask why you’re asking me to do such an absurd thing when I’m more than willing to pay?” The landlord stayed silent for a few seconds before mumbling “Personal reasons.”

And then Yoongi understood it all. It was them. His parents. “My parents asked you to kick me out, didn’t they?”

“I’m not authorized to answer such a question, boy,” the man replied and Yoongi gritted his teeth. “Of course you aren’t,” he mumbled and looked away, trying to calm himself down and think of a way out of this. He couldn’t just get his things and move right now, he had nowhere to go. Going to his parents’ house was out of the question. That was exactly what they wanted, for him to become weak and come back to them and beg them to help him. They would do that and ask for favors back, but Yoongi was done with all that. He could just go to one of his friends’ but they all lived in dorms and had roommates there and didn’t have much space, so going to them would be a bad idea. Trying to go to a hotel would be a bad idea too, because if his predictions were right, then his parents had probably frozen his bank account, so he couldn’t use the money and the money he had left in cash didn’t seem to be enough. He needed time. His parents were serious this time, weren’t they? Yoongi clenched his fist tightly, his nails digging into his palm. He was trapped.

“Well done, mother,” he whispered quietly as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Fine. I’ll leave if that’s what you and my dear parents want me to do,” he finally said, turning to the man, “but I’m gonna need a few days time. I can’t move out right now.”

The landlord looked displeased at hearing that. “Sir, please don’t make this hard. I can’t let you stay any longer.” Yoongi took a deep breath again. This was going to be harder than he had thought.

“Listen I got nowhere to go, I’m a university student and from what I see, I’m basically broke right now since I don’t have a job. I can’t move out at the moment, please sir, I need only a few days so I can get back on my feet. You don’t want to throw a lonely son, that even his parents don’t want, alone out on the streets? Please, I just need a few days.” Yoongi practically begged and that seemed to do the trick as the man let out a defeated sigh, uncrossing his arms. “

Five days, that’s all I can give you.” It wasn’t enough but Yoongi wasn’t in the position to complain, he would take what he could get. Five days it was.

“Thank you so much, in five days I’ll be out of here I promise.”

 “You better.”

Yoongi suddenly remembered about his lesson and cursed under his breath as he looked at his phone. He had 5 more minutes. He could make it if he hurried. Waiting for the elevator was useless so he just ran quickly down the stairs and then entered the underground parking so he could get his car. After he got in, he drived fast, probably going over the speed limit, but at this point he didn’t care, he needed to get there. The drive to the university building took about 3 minutes and finally he was at the parking lot.

But life today just wasn’t on his side and he realized that, when he noticed that there were no free spots in sight. He was late, so no wonder. He cursed again, clearly frustrated as he roamed aimlessly through the parking and cursed everyone who couldn’t park properly. Finally he found one sacred free spot and parked there quickly. He got out of the car, slamming the door harder than he intended to, making him flinch as he locked it. Hurrying into the campus, he noticed a few students here and there, but two standing on the entrance caught his eye.

It was that damn Kim Seokjin. He had that smug expression of his, as he kept saying something to probably one of his boy toys, who kept staring at him in awe, probably amazed by his ‘magic’. Yoongi started walking faster, hoping the boy would ignore him this time, since he really didn’t have any patience to deal with him today, but god said no as Kim Seokjin’s voice filled his ears.

“Well, well, if it isn’t our dearest Min Yoongi. Didn’t your mommy wake you up in time in the morning?” He remarked, looking at the expensive watch on his wrist, “you’re late.” And that was followed by his laughter and Yoongi noticed that the boy next to Seokjin, who was now staring at him, was Jeon Jeongguk, a cute boy he had in some of his classes. They had rarely exchanged words so Yoongi didn’t know him personally, but he never would’ve thought that he would be one of Seokjin’s many toys. He seemed too innocent and nice for that.

“Just off, I don’t have time to deal with you,” he growled as he walked past them.

 “Aw, did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed? I almost feel bad for you. No wonder you’re so ing ty. I can’t even believe you have friends. That is, if they aren’t faking it.” And then he laughed again. Yoongi bit the insides of his cheeks as he walked far from them, finally close to the classroom, he was supposed to be in. He opened the door slowly, forgetting to knock and in less than a second, a ton of pairs of eyes were staring at him curiously. He mentally cursed himself again for being so late as he mumbled an apology and hurried to find a free seat. Luckily, he found one next to Namjoon.

“You look like ,” Namjoon remarked as soon as he sat down. Yoongi glared at him as he shot back “You are .”

“Gee thanks,” his best friend said, defeated. “So bad morning, huh?” Yoongi snorted, remembering everything that happened to him ever since he woke up. It was definitely a bad morning.

“Worse than you can imagine.”

“You gonna tell me?”

“Nah I’ll about it when we grab something to eat, I didn’t eat morning today.” Namjoon nodded and then the conversation was over, both of them trying to focus on the lesson. After his two first classes were over, he, Namjoon and their other friend Hoseok, went to a café close by to eat breakfast. On the way, Yoongi summed up shortly everything that had happened to him, ending it with Seokjin annoying him again.

“I still can’t believe your parents did that,” Namjoon said worriedly.

“But I can,” Yoongi muttered darkly.

“I don’t understand why you’re on bad terms with Jin hyung though,” Hoseok said and Yoongi groaned. “Why are you siding up with that face too now?” Hoseok chuckled.

“I wouldn’t call him a face, you know, he’s quite handsome.” Yoongi clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“Handsome or not, he’s still an and has no ing manners.”

 “As if you do,” Namjoon whispered lowly but Yoongi heard it nevertheless.

“Shut up Namjoon, I’m way better than him.” Hoseok let out a laugh.

“You’re starting to sound just like him.” He groaned again, instantly imagining Seokjin saying some narcissistic and then looking smug about it.

He didn’t look like that, did he? He couldn’t. Before he could think any more about Seokjin, a shy short girl with light brown hair, came approaching their table. He thought she was a familiar face, but he couldn’t make up her name or where he had seen her.

“H-hey, Yoongi.... I was wondering, if-if you would like to go to the party tonight.... with m-me,” He raised his eyebrows in surprise. The girl was asking him to go with him as if this was some kind of prom.

“There’s a party tonight?” he asked in an uninterested tone. Hoseok nodded. “Yeah, it’s a big thing apparently. Everyone is talking about it. Guess who’s throwing it?” Yoongi groaned. As if he had time for a party right now. A party that Seokjin was throwing. He had so much things to sort out in such a short period of time. Going to a party was not in his schedule.

“Nope, I’m not gonna go with you,” he replied flatly to the waiting girl, whose expression saddened immediately.

“Will you at least c-come?” she gathered the courage to ask. Yoongi put his hand on his chin, trying to act like he was thinking hard.

“Me? Coming to that face’s party? Would love to. Too bad I have more important things in my hands right now. Are you done?” The girl nodded as she quickly left, almost running.

“That... was mean,” Namjoon said, still looking at the girl.

“Like I care,” Yoongi shrugged while going back to his dear precious coffee, “God, how I missed this.”

Hoseok chuckled. “Making coffee isn’t that hard, Yoongi. Cooking isn’t hard either, you should start practicing it.”

“So I can burn down the whole place? No thanks, I’m in need of a place to stay right now.” Hoseok shrugged as he looked at his friend. “Wouldn’t hurt to try. You can still come and stay with me or with Namjoon for a while, if you want?” Yoongi gave his friend a small smile, but shook his head. They were being so nice, trying to help him, but Yoongi didn’t want to drag them into this hole. He had to get out himself, with his own strength.  

“Alright. Are you at least going to come to the party or not? Me and Joon are going.”

“Well didn’t you hear me say my answer to that girl? Do I need to repeat myself again?” Hoseok shook his head in disapproval. Yes, his best friend was going through something rough -they all had- but he didn’t need to be so harsh on himself and prevent his self from doing basic fun activities. Yoongi laughed when he heard that. “Being harsh on myself? Please I’m actually spoiling me with how much I’ve gotten into.”

And with that he finished the last bit of his coffee and got up from his seat. “See ya later s, ya boy has to find a job.”

 


 

Yoongi couldn’t believe what was actually happening. He was being dragged by Hoseok. Literally. The other male’s grip on his arm was too strong as he led a frustrated and cursing Yoongi to the third floor of a large, glass windowed building where that damned party was taking place. Yoongi wasn’t going to go there. Well, he wasn’t supposed to. He was supposed to be looking for a job. After four failed, but calm attempts at trying to find one, he had finally snapped on the fifth one. It wasn’t his fault though, the boss was a jerk and kept insulting him and telling him how he wasn’t good at anything, especially not at this job. It reminded him of his mother, of his parents. And that made him angry. Who were these people, who knew nothing of him and what he was able to do, to judge him? If he was a nothing, then they were no better than him, they were worse than nothing.

His left hand was grabbing the man’s collar and his right one was clenched into a tight fist, ready to punch some sense into this annoying middle aged man. Luckily, Hoseok, who had entered that shop with a bored expression at that exact moment, had rushed immediately and stopped the man from receiving the beating of his life. He had carefully dragged Yoongi away from the man and then out of the shop as Yoongi complained and cursed. Hoseok had taken him to another café and treated him to a coffee to calm him down. The warm, bitter liquid did indeed calm the raging man who now had lowered his head down.

“Thank you for... back then,” he had muttered lowly while Hoseok gave him a reassuring smile. “Hey, it’s okay Yoongi, don’t worry.”

“I owe you big time,” he said as he got up.

 “Where are you going?” Hoseok had asked with a surprised look on his face.

”To continue searching for a job,” Yoongi had replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Hoseok had furrowed his eyebrows, his expression stern. “Oh no, no, you aren’t going to search for anything. You’re coming with me.” Yoongi’s expression had matched with the one Hoseok had as he quickly got up, realizing where his friend was planning to take him. Like hell he was going to go to that er’s party. But he wasn’t fast enough because Hoseok had gotten up too, coming towards him. He grabbed his ear and started dragging Yoongi with him like a little child, while the said child cursed under his breath. Hoseok’s hand eventually left his poor aching ear alone but it grabbed his arm instead, in fear of Yoongi escaping. “I’m doing this for you, hyung,” Hoseok said with a warm smile when he noticed that Yoongi seemed upset, “You need to loosen up and forget about everything for at least one night. Don’t think about Seokjin okay, you probably won’t even run into him.” That seemed to calm Yoongi for a while but when they entered the building, he started cursing again as he got closer and closer to the apartment where that idiot lived. The loud music could be heard in the other floors too and Yoongi was surprised none of the neighbors had complained or called the police yet. He was really hoping they would, so he could escape and sleep in his apartment that wasn’t going to be his after 4 days now. 4 days. He really needed to hurry.

“Here we are,” Hoseok said loudly so he could be heard over that horrible music while pointing at a nice white open door. A lot of people were dancing under low dark lights. He entered in and as much as he disliked the owner of the apartment, the place looked really beautiful. As he admired the room, his eyes suddenly fell on that one person he really didn’t want to see at that time. But he wasn’t wearing his usual charming and arrogant expression. He was leaning against a wall, two of the top buttons of his white shirt ed, his skin sweaty, a glass with a dark liquid in his hand, his eyes dull and uninterested, his mouth pressed in a tight line as he pretended to listen to some girl talk to him. He seemed.... sad. He didn’t seem like his usual happy and cheerful self, and Yoongi almost felt bad for him, he had never seen the boy in that state.

 Yoongi shook his head, he couldn’t be feeling sorry for him. In that moment, as if Seokjin had sensed that he was being stared at, he turned his head towards the entrance of his apartment. They locked gazes and Yoongi could swear he saw Seokjin’s eyes light up before he smirked in his usual way. He mentally groaned as he watched the older male push the girl aside and walk in their direction.

“Jin hyung there you are!” Hoseok yelled. Seokjin’s smile got wider as he gave Hoseok a hug and a pat on the back while he stared at Yoongi. “Oh, look who also showed up!”

“Wouldn’t run into him, huh?” Yoongi turned to Hoseok while crossing his arms as the other boy rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well its his house after all, don’t be stupid Yoongi! Of course we would run into him!” Seokjin smirked at hearing that as he touched Yoongi’s arm lightly.

“Well, well, were you hoping you wouldn’t run into me, little kitten? Was the Great Min Yoongi scared of running into me? You’re pathetic honestly.” Yoongi flinched at the sudden touch as he yanked his arm back. “You never get tired, do you?” And then he left in the other direction, trying to ignore the other male, he didn’t want to deal with him. Not now, not ever.

 He saw a table full of pretty glasses filled with different alcoholic drinks. That was what he needed right now. Alcohol. He randomly grabbed one of the glasses without thinking about it too much. The strong liquid burned as it went down his throat and at this point Yoongi was hoping Seokjin hadn’t put poison in any of them. He couldn’t do that, could he? Sure, he hated Yoongi but he couldn’t just out poison in all of these drinks just to poison Yoongi. He frowned, realizing he was thinking too much and for nothing. He downed another drink, before getting one in his hand and scanning the crowd. Most of them were dancing freely, not caring about anything else. They seemed happy. Yoongi wished he could be like that, happy. He couldn’t even remember the last time he felt actual happiness. It had been too long since then, life had gotten tough for him.

“Hyung!” Hoseok’s loud voice pulled him out of his thoughts as he turned to look at his best friend. He seemed happy too. “Jin hyung was happy we came! See, he’s not such a bad guy. You should try to talk him.” Yoongi have his friend a shrug. “Sure he was.”

 “I’m going to find Namjoon, okay? Try to have fun.” Yoongi nodded but he wasn’t planning on doing anything other than drink. He was about to get his second glass, when a voice interrupted him. A voice he really didn’t want to hear again.

“Having fun?” Seokjin was close to him, so close he could feel him behind him. He turned around to face him, but that was a mistake. He was feeling slightly tipsy and Seokjin was suddenly looking handsome, more handsome than he had ever looked. His face was flushed from the alcohol, but he still had that smug smirk on his stupid face. Yoongi took a step back.

 “I was having fun until your stupid appeared.” Seokjin raised his eyebrows sarcastically.

 “Oh, is that so? Well then, you are free to leave, since you aren’t having fun anymore.” Yoongi finally smirked back, the drinks having done their job by making him be in a slightly better mood.

“You can help me have more fun by doing me a favor, though,” he said confidently while Seokjin, completely unfazed by this, took a step forward, making the distance between them smaller. He reached out his hand, touching Yoongi’s cheek softly, almost hesitantly, as if he was scared he was going to break it if he touched it too hard.

 “And what might that favor be?” he whispered in a low deep voice and Yoongi felt blood rushing to his ears. He was blushing. He was feeling hot all over, and he didn’t like this, didn’t like it at all. He wanted space, wanted to be away from the other male, from this overwhelming atmosphere. They were supposed to hate each other, not to stand so close and whisper like that. It had to stop.

“You would do me a really big favor by leaving me the alone,” Yoongi was smirking, happy that he got a hold of the situation, but Seokjin didn’t seem to like his joke as he took a step back, putting his hand away from Yoongi’s face, his expression serious.

“This is my ing house so you’re gonna be the one who has to leave, you ugly piece of ,” he snapped, Yoongi frowned. The reaction he got from Seokjin was too harsh, even though he was used to the boy being mean to him, those words hit differently. Seokjin wasn’t smirking or looking smug about what he had just said. He didn’t seem satisfied, or happy. He seemed serious.And maybe he was right? It was his house after all, Yoongi probably had to leave. He never should’ve come in the first place.

He left his glass on the table and turned around, a bit affected by the way Seokjin had spoken to him. Yoongi was about to leave as he took a few steps,when he felt a hand grab his wrist tightly. He turned to look at Seokjin, who was now wearing a smirk on his face again.

 “Chill, pretty boy. I was just kidding,” Seokjin gave him a little wink, before leaving, clearly not wanting to talk to him anymore. Yoongi shrugged and went back to his glass, trying to get his mind off of that ‘pretty boy’ that escaped Seokjin’s lips. It probably was sarcastic, yeah that must be it. He could never mean it, not someone like Seokjin.

 


 

A few hours passed and Yoongi could tell it was past midnight. Most of the couples had already left, as well as some of the single guys. The songs were much slower and quiet and the couples that were left were slow dancing, not caring about anyone else in the room. One of the couples caught his eye though. It was Seokjin and Jeongguk. They were so close to each other, Seokjin’s hands on his waist guiding him and pulling him towards himself, while Jeongguk had wrapped his own hands around the other male’s neck, pulling his head closer. Their noses were touching, and they both seemed a bit drunk, maybe tipsy, but they were smiling, they seemed happy. Yoongi scowled, even that was happy. He was suddenly longing for his bed, longing to sleep, longing to be alone and away from everyone for a while. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to be with his friends, he just felt lonely, felt left out, he wanted to be alone in the company of only himself. He set his last glass on the table, determined to find Hoseok and tell him that he was going home. It was easy to find his friend, well more like to be found by him.

“Hey Hoseok-” but he was interrupted by the other male who grabbed his arm, clearly drunk.

“Come on, Min Yoongi, we’re gonna play truth or dare.”

”Oh hell no, we aren’t,” he almost yelled, trying to understand how his friend was insisting on playing such a ridiculous game.

“But Yoooooongi,” his best friend whined childishly, tugging on his arm, but Yoongi wasn’t easy to persuade. He kept shaking his head in disapproval until an annoying voice interrupted them.

“What’s wrong Min Yoongi? Why don’t you want to play with your friends? Is your too cool now to play truth or dare? Or are you scared we will find out one of your secrets and you will lose your mysterious guy status? Hm, is that it?” Yoongi rubbed his temple, trying to calm himself down. There he was, being annoyed by Seokjin again. The guy was really frustrating.

 ”Oh? Did I hit a nerve?” Yoongi let out a defeated sigh and crossed his arms.

“You know what? you Kim Seokjin, I’ll come play your stupid stupid game if it’s gonna make you shut your mouth.” Seokjin smirked, his eyes narrowing in satisfaction.

 “Great!” he exclaimed, turning to Jeongguk, who still had his arms around his neck,”Jungkookie, angel, go tell the others to come gather so we can play.” The boy nodded obediently, giving Yoongi one last innocent look before leaving. Yoongi sighed, it was going to be a long night.