8 The Blurred Image

Wish You Were Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What happens?” Chaewon gave Yena a pat on the shoulder as she saw Yena sighed. Yena showed Chaewon the message on her phone and Chaewon cannot help but laughed.

 

 

“Again? Why does your car keep missing, Yena? Did you forgot to lock it again?” Chaewon asked while she took the seat in front of Yena. A smug smile was plastered on her face because no matter how many times the situation happened, she still finds it funny despite the unexplained returning of the car.

 

 

Yena just sighed, “I think so. Someone reported it and deliver the car for me,” Yena’s shoulder slumped down.

 

 

“Who is that? She or he knows your car whereabouts more than you are,” Chaewon said as she shrugged, not sure to assume more, "For a such profiled agent, you surely clumsy, Yena."

 

 

"How many times it is already?" Yujin joins Chaewon interrogating the annoyed Yena.

 

 

Despite being one of the best members of a high-tech agency, Yena’s clumsiness is quite a notable view because her car always ended in the security log. Yena was sure she had her car keys but they always happen to be away from her eyes. Yena has a habit of not locking her car because somehow, she was sure, the place where her car parked is secured enough since she usually left it in a short time, like getting a takeaway coffee. There’s once she did leave her car, but as far as she remembered it, it was because they had an emergency mission where the others fetch her directly from where she was.

 

 

“Did you asked who reported it?” Chaewon asked regardless of knowing the answer to it. It’s not like it was the first time Yena got the notice from the security department. At first, they got the chance to keep teasing Yena about her so-called clumsiness which Yena completely denied. After all, she’s an intellectual agent.

 

 

“No. And even if I did, they won’t tell me. I’m sure that person is someone who’s working here,” Yena made her best assumption as there’s no way her car comes back in one piece each and every time. The car looks so normal for her and maybe to everyone else -especially those who work there- since you can hardly recognize which one is your car based on their look alone. The only distinguishable is their car’s registration number.

 

 

“You mean high officer? Well, it could be accurate since they won’t tell you who’s the reporter is. I mean it’s just a lost and found kind of thing,” Yujin commented as she shrugged after letting her thoughts out.

 

 

“Wait a minute. Are you saying that my car is like a key or book or something you can call it lost and found?” Yena furrowed her brows as she could not believe what Yujin said.

 

 

“Isn’t it like that? I would say I’m on Yujin side this time,” Chaewon commented as she continues her works.

 

 

“Yah!!” Not only Yena but Yujin raised their voices after hearing Chaewon’s savvy comment.

 

 

“I have an idea,” Chaewon stops the duo before the bickering could start.

 

 

With Chaewon’s ‘power’ the two turned their head towards her with the most anticipated look. Not that Chaewon would have fun with that curious look but somehow the duo in front of her can come up and talk about ridiculous pranks with that curious face.

 

 

“Don’t look at me with that face,” Chaewon feels her spine tensed and a small shiver left her body after saying that. She shakes her head before breathing out loudly.

 

 

“Have you tried setting a secret cam inside your car?”

 

 

The trio changed their attention when someone spoke.

 

 

"What?" Minjoo furrows her brows and looks around her when she noticed the eyes on her. She clears , "As I'm saying, have you tried it?" Minjoo said again as she gives her attention to Yena, ignoring that someone's eyes were still fixed on her.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Yena proposed a question instead of answering Minjoo.

 

 

Minjoo furrows her brows somehow pouted unconsciously which gained a chuckle. All eyes turn to Yujin.

 

 

"What?" Yujin pursed her lips into a thin line after realizing those questioning eyes were on her. She shrugs, "Sorry? Ouch!!" Yujin winced after receiving a slap on her arm. She throws a glare at Yena but puffed her cheeks in frustration when the latter just acts as nothing happened.

 

 

"Am I not allowed to be here?"

 

 

"Of course you're allowed to be here. You're part of the team now." Yena quickly explained, afraid that Minjoo gets the wrong idea about her question. She asked for a nod from the two before continuing, "It's just that you haven't come here after the mission a week ago."

 

 

Minjoo looks at Yujin and Chaewon and saw the two nodded their heads as well.

 

 

"I made a deal with Eunbi unnie that I'll stay with the research team most of the time. Sorry for not telling you and not coming here." Minju explained which gain relief sighs from the trio. Minjoo raises her brows, "You thought I dropped?" She cannot help but ask after witnessing their reactions.

 

 

Yujin and Yena's eyes widen as they quickly waving their hands in defeat.

 

 

"Of course not. We did not know you were still with the research team, right?" Yena said as she looks at Yujin and Chaewon for support. Yujin nodded while Chaewon keeps her blank face.

 

 

"You knew?" Yena asked Chaewon after her reaction in which Chaewon simply shrugged.

 

 

"I already know about it. She told me," Chaewon said while pointing her lips at Minjoo.

 

 

Yujin puffed a cheek before she turns her eyes on Minjoo and asks, "So, why are you here?"

 

 

"I'm meeting Sakura," Minjoo's answer was simple. Yujin is about to open when Minjoo speaks first.

 

 

"Your car, Yena unnie," Minjoo purposely diverts the topic - technically when they were talking about that topic in the first place.

 

 

"I'll try to keep one later," Yena considers the idea since she never thought of it or maybe she did but she forgot about it.

 

 

"It's weird," Yujin commented.

 

 

"What's weird?"

 

 

Everyone turns and looks at each other after realizing who's interrupted.

 

 

"Since when you're there, Wonyoung?" Chaewon asks to feed everyone's curiosity.

 

 

"When Yujin unnie said weird. What are you talking about?" Wonyoung quickly joined them.

 

 

"We were just talking about Yena's car," Chaewon answered since it's not a secret to hide from the team.

 

 

"I thought that's the only weird here," Wonyoung commented which gained everyone's interest.

 

 

"That's the only weird? What do you mean?" Minju was quick to ask.

 

 

Wonyoung looks at Minju and saw her holding her hands in mid-air. Wonyoung looks around her and saw all of them were making weird faces except Minju. She looks back at Minju and shrugged.

 

 

Wonyoung purses her lips as she thinks of her next words. She took a deep breath, "I think someone is following me," she told them, expecting a confused reaction but to her vail, everyone snickered and laughs at her.

 

 

"Yah! I'm serious!" Wonyoung stomps on her spot.

 

 

 

'Omoo, someone is following me around.' Wonyoung gulped nervously as she felt the oddness around her. Someone has been following her since she left the cafe.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter